test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Facts so far

antonislakantonislak Member Posts: 42 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
OK.
This game is so interesting and that is because there are some great things i love and some i really detest. It's early for conclusions but there are first impressions in this soft launch (open beta with excuse).

I love gameplay (fights are awesome), the atmosphere, the foundry, the potentials of this game.

I like the quick responces of the dev. team, i knew the game in early would have stability issues, fast updates are important and counts as pros, really appreciated.

I hate cash shop prices, i put 10 euros and then i loled. At least for respec, price should have been so much lower (btw i think profits would be higher with balanced prizes). I hate purple lockboxes that i can loot but i can't open. It's purple, it's epic, don't do this to ppl.

I don't like the poor design of items, they all look the same in my 29 tr and wtf with this zoro hat, it couldnt get uglier, we definetely need an option to hide stuff. I don't like the fact that mainenances are taking place in eu prime time, and also in cons, classes are so limited atm.

Maybe i forgot some but as said above it's early. I have faith in this game, i hope i ll be playing it for a long time, but there are things hurting it, let's see if game designers care about their customer opinion.
So my point is that i ll let my wallet speak for this game as well, support it or no, time and actions will tell, since then thx for this gr8 game.
Post edited by antonislak on

Comments

• elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :( I hoped for "facts or fiction" post :(

Those are not "facts". Those are not even valid opinions. They are just feelings :(
  • antonislakantonislak Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elenoe8 wrote: »
    :( I hoped for "facts or fiction" post :(

Those are not "facts". Those are not even valid opinions. They are just feelings :(

Fine by me, say it feelings, these are facts from my subjective point of view. Now if u like share your "feelings" as well..
  • chrysachrysa Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I haven't seen much diversity in the armor design and that has worried me a bit. Every Thief is going to look the same in the same level bracket and we're pretty much stuck with a variation on set of armor for a long time, if not through most of the game.

The Cash Shop - I don't mind CS in games like this, but it does seem the prices are ridiculous and some of the limitations down right comedic. You can't PM someone until you reach X level unless you pay for the option? Really? And the purple chest thing? All that discovering I needed to buy keys for them did was ensure that I'll be throwing them away when I loot them and not bothering with the Bounty Hunters.
  • vythicalvythical Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can hide your helm. Just go to your character page and click the helm there will be a option to hide it.
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, they have a word for 'facts' from your subjective point of view. They're called opinions.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    antonislak wrote: »
    these are facts from my subjective point of view.
    Those things don't go together, call it impression/opinion or something - facts are supposed to be objective otherwise it's not facts.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Those things don't go together, call it impression/opinion or something - facts are supposed to be objective otherwise it's not facts.
    There's an echo in here!
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    th cash grab is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor as it stands at the moment.
    Many a thread has been started and subsequently closed by the overbearing mods on here.

Unfortunately it'll get trampled out of existence shortly.
  • doctormonkeedoctormonkee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elenoe8 wrote: »

This is the first fact in this thread.
  • vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fine by me, say it feelings, these are facts from my subjective point of view. Now if u like share your "feelings" as well..

That makes literally no sense lol.
  • antonislakantonislak Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bros instead of debating for the word used to start this thread, express your "opinions", "feelings" and agree or disagree. U can also get out for some fresh air.

Chill.
    Peace.
  • vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bros instead of debating for the word used to start this thread, express your "opinions", "feelings" and agree or disagree. U can also get out for some fresh air.

Chill.
    Peace.

I can get some of your weed please :)
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate cash shop prices, i put 10 euros and then i loled. At least for respec, price should have been so much lower (btw i think profits would be higher with balanced prizes). I hate purple lockboxes that i can loot but i can't open. It's purple, it's epic, don't do this to ppl.

I don't like the poor design of items, they all look the same in my 29 tr and wtf with this zoro hat, it couldnt get uglier, we definetely need an option to hide stuff. I don't like the fact that mainenances are taking place in eu prime time, and also in cons, classes are so limited atm.

Maybe i forgot some but as said above it's early. I have faith in this game, i hope i ll be playing it for a long time, but there are things hurting it, let's see if game designers care about their customer opinion.
    So my point is that i ll let my wallet speak for this game as well, support it or no, time and actions will tell, since then thx for this gr8 game.

Rather than proffer my own "facts" I'll respond with my "feelings" in "opinion" form directly to the OP:

Cash shop prices being too high: don't buy anything there. Fixed.
    Purple lockboxes. To open, buy a key. Whoops! Referring to number 1 above, don't open them. Fixed.
    Addendum: My only gripe is being unable to discard them - they take up inventory space. (Though I do open a few once in a while).
    Costumes: hide what you don't like to see, use colored Dyes to change what you do see. Fixed.
    Downtime: offer to pay the salary of Devs to work during their off-hours so downtime doesn't interrupt your uptime
    -or- move to the U.S.
    Fixed.

Anything else? :)
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    th cash grab is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor as it stands at the moment.
    Many a thread has been started and subsequently closed by the overbearing mods on here.

Unfortunately it'll get trampled out of existence shortly.

The "cash grab" as you put it is the only way to keep this game running.....sure lot of people are going to whine about it because there are many entitled brats out there. You can play the game and be competitive without ever buying zen. The few things that you could argue you genuinly need pike a respec token are not all that hard to get enough AD for. It will not be instantaneous though so I realize that is not good enough for many of you.