test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5.2.13 - Temporary Open Beta Outage

Comments

• marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else wishing their mouse had a refresh button right now?
  • jdjleopwjdjleopw Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WoW was the first, and still best MMO
  • trekleathernecktrekleatherneck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    We all need to relax and watch some Muppets Show clips to chill out
    Nah, I am pricing components for my AR order.
  • wildoxitwildoxit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would say this is *action adventure MMORPG* If playing EverQuest you where to take on more than 2 mobs at one time it was death for sure... :)
  • kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ktef wrote: »
    I'm going to start production of tinfoil hats. Would you like one?

Sure I just call them helmets tho, hope its ok.
  • zinuxzinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    We all need to relax and watch some Muppets Show clips to chill out

No keep the angst it will make you stronger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk
  • jasongrace325jasongrace325 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can we get a update please
  • thoradin4evathoradin4eva Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I demand free pictures of Norm McDonald motorboating Rosanne Bar while a bored Jimmy Falon eats pudding in an empty bathtub nearby because of this downtime. It is absolutely ridiculous that I am expected to wait for servers to be up in a free game. If Cryptic and Perfect World do not meet my demands forthwith, I will go stand in a corner and blow bubbles until my anger subsides. You have been warned... Your move dev's.
  • stubbinmytoestubbinmytoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Ultima Online was "The first MMORPG to reach the 100,000 subscriber base, far exceeding that of any game that went before it"

Taken from Wikipedia
  • enmosfuscionenmosfuscion Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cedriciii wrote: »
    http://mmohuts.com/editorials/the-first-mmorpg
    "The game ran from 1991 to 1997 and boasted 115,000 players towards the end of its life cycle. The actually shut down due to disagreements between AOL and one of the game’s original developers TSR over future rights to the title."
    "Aside from Never Winter Nights, there are numerous other MMORPGs that were released before both Meridian59 and Ultima Online. Numerous other graphical MMORPGs came out after Neverwinter Nights trying to capture some of the success it had. The Shadow of Yserbius ran from 1992 to 1996 and was one of the more popular ones. Games like Nexus: Kingdom of the Winds (1996) and The Realm Online (1996) were in public beta before Ultima and Meridian. "

I think when these people say "First RPG" they mean the first to be massively successful commercially. I.E. A following greater than a few tens of thousands of subscribers.
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited May 2013
    Yawn...honestly this is getting pitiful. I could understand a start up company releasing their first major title having this many issues. But cryptic has had multiple large well known titles and is being backed by one of the largest free to play companies...

And for the love of all that is fluffy please don't come back with a "but its Open beta"...OB for a F2p is release, with a excuse bar attached...the zen shop is open and the cash is coming in...that's a release. Open beta is not a get out of jail free card...and it should never take 7-8 hours to locate a system error unless you have 1 man in the office and if that's the case I feel bad for Bob give him a raise .-.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    From the Twitter page:

Hey Everyone - Our team is still hard at work performing the necessary tests and bringing the systems up. Stay tuned for additional updates.

Same tune they've been singing for the past several hours:(.
  • blathmblathm Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone think they started maintenance early? On the launcher it says "We are currently undergoing extended maintenance. Thank you."
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's another one featuring some of the people freaking out in this thread . . .

<youtube link removed per the RoC>
  • bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    error thirty seven
  • elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc54 wrote: »

I do! :cool:

:p
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • wired420wired420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol. I'm glad I have a girlfriend. While people were here raging I was hanging out with a real girl! And she was still alive!

Guess someone electrocuted the hamsters powering the servers while I was gone?

:P
  • sintheta2sintheta2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WoW = World of Wussies Because its Pathetic. Like my cackNBalls
  • riffy13riffy13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wildoxit wrote: »
    I would say this is *action adventure MMORPG* If playing EverQuest you where to take on more than 2 mobs at one time it was death for sure... :)

Not as an enchanter :-)
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think when these people say "First RPG" they mean the first to be massively successful commercially. I.E. A following greater than a few tens of thousands of subscribers.

Dude, 115,000 players on the internet was HUGE in 1991. Many people did not even own computers at that time.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know which is more sad, me willingly being strung along with "shouldn't be long" statements or them doing it too me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jdjleopwjdjleopw Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jdjleopw wrote: »

QFE /10char
  • buttmunch69buttmunch69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc54 wrote: »

right click on web page
  • drudarcodrudarco Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your patience during this outage.

We have isolated the hardware failure and we are slowly bringing back all services, step by step, to ensure there are no more unexpected networking hardware issues.

The portal-wide beta test launch of a new game (Neverwinter) is an extremely exciting time for us and we thank you again for your continued patience and support as we work out the issues during this testing period. Be assured that we are absolutely committed to launching an excellent game and would like to thank all of our committed players during this time.

We'll have new hardware in place and us up, shined and secure, soon as we can. Thank you for being amazing, supportive players and helping spread the message while we get things resolved. We will keep you up to date as the situation progresses.

Thank you,

The Perfect World Team

is there a eta on servers coming back up?
  • cedriciiicedriciii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    <pondering> Will the servers crash again once it announced they are back up from everyone flooding to log in at once? </pondering>
  • bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Let's all just listen to some Duke and chill http://youtu.be/mszSoTNqH3Y
  • adiorocksadiorocks Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cedriciii wrote: »
    http://mmohuts.com/editorials/the-first-mmorpg
    "The game ran from 1991 to 1997 and boasted 115,000 players towards the end of its life cycle. The actually shut down due to disagreements between AOL and one of the game’s original developers TSR over future rights to the title."
    "Aside from Never Winter Nights, there are numerous other MMORPGs that were released before both Meridian59 and Ultima Online. Numerous other graphical MMORPGs came out after Neverwinter Nights trying to capture some of the success it had. The Shadow of Yserbius ran from 1992 to 1996 and was one of the more popular ones. Games like Nexus: Kingdom of the Winds (1996) and The Realm Online (1996) were in public beta before Ultima and Meridian. "

Well **** me running dude, I didn't even know any of that and it was during my era of gaming and all! Thanks for correcting and educating me!
  • enmosfuscionenmosfuscion Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Dude, 115,000 players on the internet was HUGE in 1991. Many people did not even own computers at that time.

115,000 would be more than "a few tens of thousands" so yes, I agree.
  • dagger711dagger711 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow was not the first mmo ultima online was first.
  • scottligulascottligula Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jdjleopw wrote: »

WoW was in NO way the first... as for the best, well there's no accounting for taste with some people.

Speaking of WoW... i need to buy more toilet paper. :)
    They came from.... BEHIND!!!! ;)