test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Craft on your phone!

illmanorsillmanors Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
When the server is back up check out this link https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ gain crafting xp anywhere :) spread the word!
Post edited by illmanors on

Comments

• agentdarkagentdark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scam to steal your log in info
  • moodaymooday Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    agentdark wrote: »

WRONG.

10char
  • divinehopedivinehope Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013

Yeah, your an idiot.
  • illmanorsillmanors Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol. Report me if u believe that lmao n see wat th admin says!

The mod says no cursing or insulting other users!
    -Ambisinisterr
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    except that it doesnt work when the servers are down (of course). It also does not work very well on smart phones...you can try it out but a lot of players report issues with the phone (works fine on computers tough).
  • ozarka75ozarka75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

might wanna do some fact checking...
    edited May 2013
    Works fine on my phone! Point bein u can craft on breaks at work, on th bus that sorta thing
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well i have the problem when i tap the page thinks i'm tapping twice. so i cant really use my phone.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it worth taking the chance? Your $ (or f2p time). I'd rather stay on the side of safe than sorry. Odds are a good percentage will fall for it, thats what you bank on- if its legit, I'm sure they paid royalties and have name use permission. Find out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • darkangelgcdarkangelgc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was skeptical at first too, but it works great! Unless their IT team is run by idiots, it would be very difficult for a third party to set up a website that had full access to all the NW databases, just for the sake of stealing login info.. lol :P
  • iamnotcowiamnotcow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it worth taking the chance? Your $ (or f2p time). I'd rather stay on the side of safe than sorry. Odds are a good percentage will fall for it, thats what you bank on- if its legit, I'm sure they paid royalties and have name use permission. Find out.

"I can't be arsed to google to check legitimacy even though it would take virtually no time at all, so I will instead leave a condescending comment."

:rolleyes:
  • mazliemazlie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's funny since the actual link is advertised by the game itself. If you get to a certain level ingame you get an email about it telling you about how you can access all of your stuff from outside of the game.
    edited May 2013
    Lol do or dont use it I cudnt giv 2 ****s. Jst thought id b kind n let ppl kno as it isnt very well known.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    The Gateway is indeed legitimate.
    https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

Source:
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=877121
    - Access to Gateway, a web portal that allows players to remotely access in-game status information via their desktops, tablets, or smartphones. In its initial state, players can craft, view their characters, buy and sell in the Auction House, monitor guild activity and daily events, and access their mailboxes.
    edited May 2013
    Yay! I win... haha
  • ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mazlie wrote: »
    It's funny since the actual link is advertised by the game itself. If you get to a certain level ingame you get an email about it telling you about how you can access all of your stuff from outside of the game.

Yeah, SOE accounts were secure too. All I said was if you do anything outside the game itself, theres always a possibility- you cant deny that. Doesn't matter to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • abaddonxkabaddonxk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Or - and bear with me here, this might get a bit complicated - you could do a quick 30-second Google and realize it's an official thing run by PWE/Cryptic.
  • serotonergicserotonergic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Where is a link to this from the main website though?????

That site looks seriously like a phishing attempt.
  • neppanaattorineppanaattori Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »

But useless when the servers are down, so is the gateway :D
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Where is a link to this from the main website though?????

That site looks seriously like a phishing attempt.
    . . . . . The Gateway is still in Beta, so it is not yet within the architecture of the web site. See my post above for legitimacy.
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gateway is BROKEN. I have a bug report about this, you will not receive your Raw AD's/EXP if you use this.. I have been doing it for almost 2 days .. and I was stupid enough not to notice I was not getting my rewards from my tasks, BUT, but profession exp... everything else I was supposed to earn ... I never received.
  • ixothixoth Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gateway is quite slow to use in Windows Phones especially (tryed on Lumia 920), the listing of possible tasks takes long time to populate. Wish there would be some improvement on the works, but I doubt theres no easy fix for this.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gateway is BROKEN. I have a bug report about this, you will not receive your Raw AD's/EXP if you use this.. I have been doing it for almost 2 days .. and I was stupid enough not to notice I was not getting my rewards from my tasks, BUT, but profession exp... everything else I was supposed to earn ... I never received.

I tested this on a low level task for 100 AD, did not add the AD to my total via the Gateway. I will check in game when I have a chance.