test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5.2.13 - Temporary Open Beta Outage

Comments

• colkernelcolkernel Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh yeah, and I assume this is affecting the gateway as well?
  • nbw5022nbw5022 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Itd be really cool if you were able to make the foundry available offline so while there is server downtime or unexpected problems like this you would get a whole lot more players making cool quests instead of trolling forums
  • lims13lims13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    double post - delete if mod around - thanks
  • dckaydckay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Appreciate all the updates during this process.
  • punchrx1punchrx1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Prepare to be flogged!
  • grimwolf512grimwolf512 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    p0rt1r wrote: »

OH that explains a lot!
  • rasmenar2112rasmenar2112 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So happy you guys actually post stuff like this, updates are awesome!

From what I've experienced in the beta thus far, this game is fantastic. The cash shop items are a bit pricey, so I probably won't be able to afford to spend much if anything on the game for quite some time, but I tell you what the game play is fun enough that I'm definitely going to contribute something when I can!
    Alone in the darkness, that is where you truly discover yourself. Without self, without the core of your identity, you are nothing. - Rasmenar
  • zzrowgraffzzrowgraff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys have done a rocking job! NWO is an awesome game. ;)
  • engxiiiengxiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cheers, atleast you guys give a **** enough too keep us posted here and facebook.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Boo, Hiss. I was set to make a killing in my "torch and pitchforks for angry mobs" business. The mob was almost at a nice frothy rage. Now....its fixed and my thunder is all gone and with it my mob of prospective clients. Phooey. :p
  • rasmenar2112rasmenar2112 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So happy you guys actually post stuff like this, updates are awesome!

From what I've experienced in the beta thus far, this game is fantastic. The cash shop items are a bit pricey, so I probably won't be able to afford to spend much if anything on the game for quite some time, but I tell you what the game play is fun enough that I'm definitely going to contribute something when I can!
    Alone in the darkness, that is where you truly discover yourself. Without self, without the core of your identity, you are nothing. - Rasmenar
  • kascilllkascilll Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this game wasn't so good I would probably have moved on by now.
  • phormulaphormula Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just appreciative that when there IS a problem (which is inevitable given the nature of online), that the mods and devs care to keep their playerbase informed of whats going on in a timely manner... I've seen too many 'great' mmos fail from lack of support, especially f2p ones. you guys are doing great, thank you =)
  • uxigaduruxigadur Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did read a book and almost learned something!!! Hope it never happens again! :P
    Good work and thanks for keeping us informed.
  • tabbeene1371tabbeene1371 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    even tho the "sh*t" hit the fan... you guys are keeping low and staying cool! keep up the good work.

P.S. you need server status on the website so people dont wear out there keyboards trying to find out who else on the web might know if they are up or down
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Questions!

What about our celestial coins? I got to pray today, but some might not!

"New hardware" sounds like a lengthy install process, are we talking hours here, days?

Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mohawkrmohawkr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    <meme removed per the RoC>
  • rich12rich12 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Chewing gum, some copper wires and duct tape lots of duct tape, fixes any computer problems( just for future reference). thanks for getting things back up and running.
  • xristanaxxristanax Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    The portal-wide beta test launch of a new game

Its not a beta if there are to be no character wipes following your official "launch"

Its a soft launch with the term "open beta" to mitigate the damage of mistakes like this.
  • shortybsd2shortybsd2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for keeping us posted :) You guys are doing a great job with communication and tweets. I just hope and wish people could understand "Beta" and know that things aren't exactly perfect. Problems resolved now will make the game so much more reliable/stable in the future.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for giving me a couple hours nap time. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    **slow forum double post**
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • squidjoesquidjoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    This is why hardware is modular. When one fries you yank it out and plug in another. The hard part is figuring out where that burnt ozone smell is coming from.
  • zamerizameri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    While the hardware is down, why not just apply the patch you will be applying tomorrow? :o
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jalhara wrote: »
    Oh those are fun. HW failures suck, especialy if it is your blade or physical server that holds a ton of VMs

Well if they used VMware HA/DRS would keep the servers running 100% even during a hardware outage. the VM's would be moved to a active working server with no outage to the users at all. I doubt they use any virtualization at all right now or they use that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Microsoft puts out called hyper-v..useless product in a production environment.
  • jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the updates! Keep up the good work, guys. Problems happen, I'm more concerned with how you deal with them: head on and honestly. ^_^

Although I would be lying if I said I wasn't curious about a rough ETA. xD
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • wolvesfang1224wolvesfang1224 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

I just got home tonight and went to log onto my character when a long loading screen appeared along with the text "Attempting to connect to server" and then followed by "Connecting to server attempt timed out". This has happened 3 times in a row and I am wondering if the servers are down (specifically Dragon) or is something wrong with my computer/internet?
  • pivovarnapivovarna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just woke up, slept 7 hours.
    Time to play the game!
    Life is good!!!
    It is a beautiful day
    Good morning to everyone
  • frozentreatsfrozentreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • amilahanuamilahanu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    even tho the "sh*t" hit the fan... you guys are keeping low and staying cool! keep up the good work.

P.S. you need server status on the website so people dont wear out there keyboards trying to find out who else on the web might know if they are up or down

Agreed. I was looking all over their pages for a server status but none. I play STO and they have one, why can't NWO?