test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can you recommend a place for level 10 to farm ID scrolls efficiently?

pilotmikepilotmike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Title says it all, I'd like to ID my gear and I've got no AD.

Thanks
Post edited by pilotmike on

Comments

• shmoexshmoex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everywhere.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, if you cannot yet, you will be able to use the ability "Invocation" soon. Basically you pray to your Deity and they give you a reward. Including enough A.D. to take care of all of your I.D. Scroll needs for the foreseeable future.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • graebeerdgraebeerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    throw some junk on the auction house, greens, enchants, etc. someone will buy something from you and then you'll have AD. Starting at level 11 you'll be able to get rough astral diamonds when you invoke once per hour and you can refine them into regular AD. You can also run daily quests / pvp to get AD.

Ident scrolls are dropped randomly by just about any mob in the game, theres no real exclusive place to farm them.
  • solmyr14solmyr14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    As shmoex said, everywhere, they are random drops. However, if you do stuff like Daily Founder quests, you'll earn AD. I think it's 1000AD per day if you do the founder daily.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In general, so long as you only ID items that you class can use and that are at least as high level as your current equipment (or say +2 levels if you have a blue item) you should not run out of ID scrolls. I don't think there is any place to farm for these - you can get them for AD but that is a false economy. So best to just bite the bullet, and plough on to higher levels, trying to only ID items that are likely to be a noticeable upgrade.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    In general, so long as you only ID items that you class can use and that are at least as high level as your current equipment (or say +2 levels if you have a blue item) you should not run out of ID scrolls. I don't think there is any place to farm for these - you can get them for AD but that is a false economy. So best to just bite the bullet, and plough on to higher levels, trying to only ID items that are likely to be a noticeable upgrade.

Low level ID scrolls are dirt cheap when bought with AD. There's nothing false about it, if you can't afford enough scrolls to ID everything you get, you are literally doing it wrong.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • pilotmikepilotmike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ty for all the helpful replies.
  • ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At level 10 you should also be able to start professions. The leadership profession has opportunities to earn AD also.
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I seem to get much higher droprates of ID scrolls, Portable Altars, and Health Pots inside Foundry missions.
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes. You will get a lot of ID scrolls in the foundry quests. i have piles of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pilotmike wrote: »
    Title says it all, I'd like to ID my gear and I've got no AD.

Thanks

Just do your quests. Loot everything. They drop everywhere and all the time. Like others have said there's no need to ID anything that isn't for your class anyways. Do the daily foundry,skirmish,dungeon quests,for a good amount of AD and more scroll drops. Invoke once per hour starting at lvl 11.....basically just play the game. I just hit lvl 20 and have identified a good many things I prolly didn't need to and I have 50 ID scrolls in my inv just from questing. I have not bought a single one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.