test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to unclench hands

yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Does anyone know how to unclench my characters hands? My toon always walks around with its hands as fists until combat starts or I do an emote.
Post edited by yasha00 on

Comments

• gruxgrux Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think you can. It's likely a design choice (trick) that makes it easier to render hands.
  • iikkajarviiikkajarvi Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I thought it was rheumatoid caused by the Spellplague. Good to know.
    Current Server: Mindflayer
    History Class in the Realms: "Elves did it better first. Also, magic was probably involved somehow and maybe gods. Or godly magic. Now go outside so the orcs and bandits have someone to menace."
  • blacksuntyrant1blacksuntyrant1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @grux: They aren't modeled hat way permanently. Some emotes make use of the different fingers.

I don't think there's a way to do what OP requests though, unfortunately. Same as with zero facial expressions like in CO. Soulless MMOface as usual.
  • vampirialvampirial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @grux: They aren't modeled hat way permanently. Some emotes make use of the different fingers.

I don't think there's a way to do what OP requests though, unfortunately. Same as with zero facial expressions like in CO. Soulless MMOface as usual.

Actually with CO there is an option to change your characters mood which changes their facial expression, however I don't think there is a way to unclench your hands on your char, as a rogue my chars hands arnt really ever clenched unless he's striking with his daggers
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a DC with relaxed hands. Standing at a Campfire I see the CW always seem to have fists when standing around. I figure they are just "cold" personalities with permanent anger issues. LOL

(It could be the RACE animation also. My DC is Human, I don;t recall what the CW was that I saw with the clenched fists.)
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for your replies. It may well be a class based issue. I made a rogue and its hands are unclenched- my CW has clenched hands. However, I noticed that when the rogue runs, its hands clench up. So I am wondering if it is a kind of animation bug where the CW's hands don't revert to a "standing" animation (with hands unclenched). What do you think, worth a bug report? For me it is a pet hate, I really want my CW's hands to relax.....