test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is the point of ac?

sumnzsumnz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It feels tacked on to a game not really in the realm of dungeons and dragons. AC dosent matter, you get hit every time, just for varying degrees based off defense. I have the 1 ac natural amulet, and it still recommends I wear it on my guardian fighter. Why? at what point does a 150 defense neck plus other stats matter more? I understand they went for the "flavor" of dnd without all the rules, or any really. DDO was at least accurate. And while you dident have thousands of hitpoints and do thousands of damage, it just felt more right. Every stat boost mattered.

What exactly does one point of ac equal out to in terms of defense.
Post edited by sumnz on

Comments

• elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sumnz wrote: »
    DDO was at least accurate.

I guess you played it before the expansion. It's been MMOified now.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    I am wondering what it does in this game too.

As the AC rating isn't showing anywhere in the character stats. It just shows on Shields, but that's about it.
    Is it a Stat they forgot to do anything With yet?
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited May 2013
    Open Character window see that shield icon next to HP bar that your AC. According to it you get damage reduction for it every point of AC you get adds 0.5% damage reduction.
  • jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    kotli wrote: »
    Open Character window see that shield icon next to HP bar that your AC. According to it you get damage reduction for it every point of AC you get adds 0.5% damage reduction.

Ok thanks! Will check that out :)
  • gatelessgateless Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On a related note, I am curious about the effect of Halfling's CC reduction. Is it 10% chance to dodge incoming cc's? 10% reduced duration of CC's.

Also . . . is the magic trick for being able to post new forum topics that you bought the founders pack?
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Member Posts: 2,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gateless wrote: »
    Also . . . is the magic trick for being able to post new forum topics that you bought the founders pack?

Lol no, you spend time here, post a bit, and log out and in a time or two. Thats the spell I used.
    I contacted a mod as well. But he didn't contact me back so maybe that's like faith or superstition.
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gateless wrote: »
    On a related note, I am curious about the effect of Halfling's CC reduction. Is it 10% chance to dodge incoming cc's? 10% reduced duration of CC's.

10% reduced duration.
  • sumnzsumnz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well 1 ac is .5 precent damage reduction, how much defense beats that? I assume you need more at high level, but would say 150 defense be more than 1 ac at that point, or work completely differently.