What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.13

123457»

Comments

• v0273xv0273x Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    n8rush05 wrote: »
    I'm sure as a gamer you are used to being served **** and expected to eat up happily. Unfortunately, that is the way games are being released in this era. I was brought up to speak when things aren't right in hopes of correction...or in this example a business model is flawed. I am by no means attempting to fulfill some form of entitlement; simply pointing out the bull where I see it.

Actualy, no I am not expecting to be served <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and eat it up happily. The thing is this though. You get more out of a game by properly submitting info on whats going on, how it happened, why it did happen, and proof it happened then sitting and complaining. I remember when a game in closed/Open beta would have fourm posts stocked full of info. I have YET to see that here.

For us to reep the benifits of our purchases, we must first step up and help the Devs/GMs fix these said issues. Most games do not get fixed because the fact that there is poor intelegence gathering. PWE may have some issues with their system. THere is one thing they do strive above most game hosting communities. What they get info on they fix. Typicly the 5% that don't get fixed is because they have no info on why or how it happened. Beta testers and Dev/GM's have arelationship that must be reminded. That relationship is we sort out the junk, they fix said junk into working projects.

Thus the working 'buesnes model' is not flawed, it is simply not used correctly. We as Beta gamers have an obligation. We are to expect rollbacks, we are to expect bugs, glitches, lag, downtime, and the sort. And we are to report said info to PWE via their ticket service and forums to help aid them on making a fun game for us to play, and a profitable working game to sell for them. Communication is a must have.

Las tthing a GM will read and send to a Dev is "Server not responding, can you tell us why?" Ok, this is an example of what they do send. "Ok, the servers not responding. This is the stuff I see. <Inserts valid screenshot/video of a blank launcher.> After force pushing the launcher I did eventualy get this though. <Inserts screenshot of openly shown script on a launcher and a debug window within CMD> I did this this and this jus tto get this far. I hope it helps." 30 minutes to an hour later... the launcher works. Go figure.
  • v0273xv0273x Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update from Facebook btw people!

Neverwinter
    11 minutes ago near Alameda, CA.Hey All - The new ETA is 11:15AM Pacific Time. Maintenance is almost done.
  • battmortalbattmortal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol, people - every big project has some sort of problems at the start, why Neverwinter should be an exception? At least here is the most parts of the game works right after a launch. Anyone remember how GW2 was launched (it was not so long ago comparing to EVE)? We bought the game and we stuck there without auction house for a few weeks, and no one has died, as far as I know.
    Give this game a time and all will be OK.
  • chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And...it's up! :-)
  • legost80legost80 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Epic fail! downloading still doesn't work
  • bazoo01bazoo01 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game still extreme laggy
  • lopes95lopes95 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG OMG Fix it!!!! :C i want to try this game....
  • rhorgerhorge Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2013
    bazoo01 wrote: »
    Game still extreme laggy

Yeah, unplayable when you keep dying because you lose connection for a minute in a middle of a fight.
  • millivethmilliveth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since I can't create new topic, I'm reporting the bug here.
    Following the patch here is what I see when I mouse over an item in my inventory :

inventorybug.jpg
  • bazoo01bazoo01 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhorge wrote: »
    Yeah, unplayable when you keep dying because you lose connection for a minute in a middle of a fight.

lol or you have use 20 health because of the Lag's
  • leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Whats with the dragon shard? It is saying its down?
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leetsawces wrote: »
    Whats with the dragon shard? It is saying its down?

That may have been me. The shard went down the instant I deleted one of my characters. <sigh>
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • killiankillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop breaking the servers :) Pretty sure it's a coincidence. I just warped back to town when it imploded.
  • sivartjsivartj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, just tried to log into my toon on Dragon and it says unavailable. Guess I'll give it a few.
  • adrylilyadrylily Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello. Does someone else in the game had his toons wiped from the game and are considered like if I didn't bought my hero of the North pack? They didn't say they were wiping toons and now I don't have 5 character spots but only two" I'm really frustrated and I hope they will put it back and active. If someone else is having the same issue as me, please respond so we'll know if a lot of people have it and make the dev correct this major error.

Thank you in advance
  • adrylilyadrylily Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok it's me again. I just retried and it was a temporary bug. :D ty for your understanding

Have a good playing time all
  • saikopatsaikopat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    milliveth wrote: »
    Since I can't create new topic, I'm reporting the bug here.
    Following the patch here is what I see when I mouse over an item in my inventory :

inventorybug.jpg

Same bug here, something's messed up in the French database...

EDIT : I add my own screenshot, I hope it'll help....
    (We're both using the french translation of the game)

Item_description_bug.jpg
  • akamennaakamenna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, where can ia get a new launcher? The one I downloaded yesterderday when the servers were having the lag and queue issue is not working...

it starts an autoupdate and then throws na error..

tks.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I lost 2 levels on my Trickster Rogue when Dragon Shard went down earlier. I was level 14 when it happened, now I'm level 12. What's messed up is I was level 13 last night when I quit playing, so I should have at least retained one of those levels. I don't understand, I'm peeved that an admin told me to just go grind for a couple of hours to get back all that exp. This would never fly in a tabletop D&D game, if a Dungeon Master withheld two levels worth of exp all his players would rage quit and he'd be left with nothing but his monster manuals for companionship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • falchoinfalchoin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 386 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    All I want now is a way to completely turn off the lockbox spam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akamennaakamenna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and all i wnat is to know where i can get the newest launcher for today maitenance, since that one i downloaded yesterday is not working anymore....
  • coredmcoredm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hallo. I have a problem with the launcher. I downloaded and replaced .Exe file and also deleted the black icon of the error. The game does not start. Always gives me error Launcher. Will you help me?
    Thank you. please...send a private message.
  • yriel25yriel25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    akamenna wrote: »
    and all i wnat is to know where i can get the newest launcher for today maitenance, since that one i downloaded yesterday is not working anymore....
    coredm wrote: »
    Hallo. I have a problem with the launcher. I downloaded and replaced .Exe file and also deleted the black icon of the error. The game does not start. Always gives me error Launcher. Will you help me?
    Thank you. please...send a private message.

Download new launcher here
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Read-the-first-post-for-solutions
  • ericthekeiericthekei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was able to get in with no queue wait at all this afternoon US CS time o_O

As for whomever was complaining about queues, and saying that they do not exist in other games: Yes, yes they do. In ALL online games. It's just that you don't actually SEE them unless there are a ton of people trying to login at once...Such as, say, when a game has just been released, or is seeing a ton of users all show up for beta testing.
  • unseenskillunseenskill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it really doesnt take long lol
  • cutiewatercutiewater Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • ladyshaie1ladyshaie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Maintenance is currently scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 1, Pacific Time.

Login
    • The Queue position indicator now has more information, as well as buttons that link to Neverwinter Gateway and the Neverwinter Wiki.
    • Fixed an issue where players displayed queue position would incorrectly jump to a higher number than the players actual place in line.

Nope, not fixed. As of last night, AFTER yesterday's patch, there was NO information on my queue position other than that I logged in at #3708, then jumped to #95685 (I think that's what it was) and pretty much stayed there for about 5 minutes before it dropped to #1978, then bounced right back up to #95685 for another 5 minutes. It finally dropped again to #500-something, then to #100 & then it logged me in. NOWHERE were there any buttons linking me to Gateway or Wiki, just the queue box & number in the center of the screen.

Daily Quests
    • Repeatable quests now have blue text in the Contact UI.
    • Repeatable quests that are on cooldown now properly look disabled, and they have a time displaying the remaining time until theyre available again.
    • Repeatable quests now have tooltips in the Contact UI.
    • Rhixs animations now work more consistently with the contact dialog close-up.
    • Rhix no longer displays a blue exclamation mark over his head when he has no quests available for the player.
    • Rhixs daily quests now properly inform the player to return to Rhix when they are complete.

Rhix offered me a Daily Foundry last night, which I completed. There was nothing saying to return to him for my payment (however I'd read this so I knew to go to him), also as soon as I turned in that daily, he had a blue ! again. When I clicked on him, he had the Daily Foundry again, but I could not click on it. I checked approximately hourly until I logged off (after midnight PDT) and he STILL had no new daily to offer me, but had an active blue ! over his head as if he did.

Also it's great that you removed the @handle from the horse announcements, but really they are horribly annoying & apparently players are receiving death/bodily harm threats after the broadcasts are made so really... I think they do not need to be broadcast. OR if you're going to have so darned many boxes & you're keeping the broadcasts in, sell the keys for AD so all players have a chance to get them. Personally, this is not an issue for me, I'm perfectly willing to save the box for when I can afford Zen, but there are people out there who are unpleasant about such things. If the keys were sold for AD, then no one would have a reason to send hateful tells to lucky horse winners.
  • coredmcoredm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello. I'm sorry to write you a message but if the thing you'd be interested but like so many other users with windows 7 present a serious problem for the game's launch.
    1 does not start the launcher
    2 by replacing the. Exe file does not start
    3 always appears the error file with a black icon

Solution: I think it would be best to update the game and then put it back in so that no download temporarily perform any updates. otherwise, wait for the final game and then I'll have to say goodbye to the beta. Yours sincerely.
  • poringuero22poringuero22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i cant patch!!! put manual patches please!!
This discussion has been closed.