test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloak tower - hidden goodies ...

kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Was wondering if anyone has come across maybe a short video, or knows the location to the items required to open the big chest at the end of the dungeon?

I've done it 4-5 times, and so far we usually only end up opening one of the chests (the one that takes blueberries, some kind of flower, and something else)

And on the second table, every time I've done the instance, we only usually find the Red Crystal (it's on the tabel after you kill the mage mini-boss).

Has anyone ever gotten all 6 items and opened both chests? Is that how you get the big chest to open?

EDIT:

I found this in another thread :

green crystal : apprentice chamber when you hit the t junction take the room on the left (progress is through room on right) crystal on table.

Blue crystal: First blue room, left side in the cluster of blue stones (after you get down the "stair")

Red crystal: on table at first boss, easy to find

first flower: on table at first boss, easy to find

Mushroom: dropped by second boss

Third flower: Over the second boss, right before going to next room (where it does the curved bridge) on the right side.
Post edited by kimmurieloblodra on

Comments

• kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If not, maybe we could use this thread to post the locations of the items?

I know for a fact that the Red Crystal is on the table after you kill the "Mad Mage" mini-boss, and the blueberries are found on the top floor of the spiral room that contains the secret boss...

Maybe more people can share where the other items are?
  • windowbuttwindowbutt Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been really curious about this as well! I ended up assuming the big chest was a reward for doing the dungeon during one of those timed bonus events where you get an extra reward for doing a dungeon at a certain time...
  • elsenrailczelsenrailcz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I experienced the same situation. Today I will try to look for all items very carefully and open the freaking last chest :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azhrarn80azhrarn80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had the Mushroom sitting in my bags and placed it on the altar without knowing where i got it. 1 person from our group asked if people took up the crystals but we had no idea what he was talking about :P.
    ~Blood Always Spills~
  • wergildwergild Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    We did it today - but 3 or 4 people were grabbing the items. When we got to the end, someone exited before placing the items - so no chests. Very hard to do with the normal pug parties of zerg / pick up / touch / take everything that seem to be flooding the general space :(
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I experienced the same situation. Today I will try to look for all items very carefully and open the freaking last chest :)

Elsen, would you be kind enough to report your findings?

I'm assuming that if you open both small chests, it will open the big one, but I'm not sure.
  • reilnkurreilnkur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wonder seeing they offer the ability to place the objects down in different orders if that triggers anything?
  • dantor87dantor87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I got daily quest connecting to astral daimonds from Crystal Master(???) chest was open at the end of dungeon. When I finished cloak tower quest normaly, chest was closed and it was unable to open.
    edited May 2013
    dantor87 wrote: »
    When I got daily quest connecting to astral daimonds from Crystal Master(???) chest was open. When I finished cloak tower quest normaly, the chest was closed.

Not sure I follow.... Do you mean when you queued up for it, there was no big chest, but when you entered the cloak tower manually by walking there on the map, the chest was open? Either way I'm confused :P
  • therealkyrielltherealkyriell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would help if people would EXPLORE the cloak tower rather than rushing from start to end like a Zergling.
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reilnkur wrote: »
    wonder seeing they offer the ability to place the objects down in different orders if that triggers anything?

Is the big chest you are refering to the big chest that you get during dungeon delve event? If so you dont need to collect anything to open it. Its unrelated to the items you collect to place on the altar for the small chests
    edited May 2013
    When I follow the quest from person who teach about astral daimonds i got quest to complete cloak tower and kill at the end bloodtrust (or something) who is the last one boss. After killed him the chest contains a reward. But it got reward when I go to cloak tower with active that quest. I dont remember how that dwars was called who is giving that quest He is standing oposite a women who teach about astral daimonds.
    When I queue the cloack tower normaly, without active quest to kill last one boss, the chest was closed.

When serwer will be run again, I will tell the name of quest and from who we can get that quest
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the big chest you are refering to the big chest that you get during dungeon delve event? If so you dont need to collect anything to open it. Its unrelated to the items you collect to place on the altar for the small chests

This is the answer. The items you guys are collecting are just for the smaller chests that you summon on the sides. The big chest is your reward for doing a dungeon during the dungeon delve event.

One thing to note, you only have to start the dungeon while the dungeon delve event is running. You'll still get it if the dungeon delve event runs out while you're in there.
  • elsenrailczelsenrailcz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Dungeon Delve Event is one of the events on the side of minimap?

And how do I join this event? Simply by queueing to Cloak Tower during this event?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • juzzzzzzjuzzzzzz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Dungeon Delve Event is one of the events on the side of minimap?

And how do I join this event? Simply by queueing to Cloak Tower during this event?
    Yep. or what ever dungeon is close to your current level.

Also I think people rush it because its low level, so what ever gear you find will be worthless in hour or two max.
    edited May 2013
    http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9922/beztytuukfa.jpg

From RHIX I get "Daily Dungeon" quest, then I queue cloak tower, and after killed last one bosse, big chest was open
  • difinitusdifinitus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The large chest is only rewarded during the Dungeon Delves bonus. The other two are awarded if you pick up the items through out the dungeon.
    edited May 2013
    This is the answer. The items you guys are collecting are just for the smaller chests that you summon on the sides. The big chest is your reward for doing a dungeon during the dungeon delve event.

One thing to note, you only have to start the dungeon while the dungeon delve event is running. You'll still get it if the dungeon delve event runs out while you're in there.

Thank you. So does it contain the AD .... All this time I thought you claimed the reward AD (bonus form the delve) from Rhix, or that it was automatically deposited... I was wrong@ :)
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've solo'd it a few times and gotten nothing great out of the bonus chests, they seem pretty much to be standard loot unless theres some random awesome chance for something great and I just didn't get it. Solo or with a few friends is the only way to get the items for the chests without spaz people grabbing them up and exiting at the end.
  • hurriken07hurriken07 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wergild wrote: »
    We did it today - but 3 or 4 people were grabbing the items. When we got to the end, someone exited before placing the items - so no chests. Very hard to do with the normal pug parties of zerg / pick up / touch / take everything that seem to be flooding the general space :(

this happened to me, too.
    only me and the party leader were the curious.
  • mell0167mell0167 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Elsen, would you be kind enough to report your findings?

I'm assuming that if you open both small chests, it will open the big one, but I'm not sure.

I've found all items and opened both chests, still cannot open the last chest. Maybe quest has to be done before time ends?
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The big chest doesn't open if you get the two side chests.

The two side chests require 3 pick up items each that other players will pick up and deliberately leave with many times....no matter how many times you ask if they have them.

I sent in bug reports about this....because its a form of griefing by some players....not all players do this...but there are a lot who do.

Anywise the 6 items as someone listed are also described in the scrolls in the last room.

As for anything else in the cloak tower....nope....nothing else....

There is another dungeon with a semi-hidden giant spider boss that protects 3 treasure chests...but that's a differing dungeon.

These chests like most chests all can be opened by each player once.

So if you solo it...yeah not going to be a big deal....especially because if you solo it....then you have already out leveled the content

The actual contents in dungeon chests will actually be better with a bigger group....as they are more likely to give a better item.

I don't know if this helps people or not.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The large chest is only activated when you START a dungeon while the Dungeon Delve event is active (timer is beside mini map). You can finish the dungeon after the event ends, so long as you don't leave the instance, and still have the final chest activated.
    The two chests you can get from gathering the items can be gotten any time you run it. They're just bonuses for gathering up the items and placing them on the pedestals.

Skirmish events are the opposite. You have to FINISH a skirmish while the event timer is active. You can start a skirmish before event starts and still collect bonus, if the finish happens after the skirmish event starts.

Mouseover the event, and it says what the bonus reward for completing one is.

Daily dungeon (and skirmish and PvP) quests are handed out by Rhix, near Sun Coster's Market. When you complete the required number of dungeons/skirmishes/PvP, you go back to Rhix and collect an AD reward.
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is another dungeon with a semi-hidden giant spider boss that protects 3 treasure chests...but that's a differing dungeon.

These chests like most chests all can be opened by each player once.
    This is Cragmire Crypts. You turn left up the steps after fighting the Phase spiders. 'Daughter of Llolth', is the boss, and I'm almost sure she drops seals also.
    The Crypt has another area, behind a grate w/ lever, that has 2 chests, and several other side rooms with a chest in also.
    PUGs seem incapable of breaking away from the sparkly trail to investigate all this stuff most of the time.
    Most of time, no one will even answer when you type out message, so...
    I think I did Cragmire 3 or 4 times before I ever saw Daughter of Llolth.