What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This delay..Europe related.

Comments

• Options
    xarlantharxarlanthar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't understand why people still make the mistake that connection speed has any relevance to ping. A ping is a minuscule data package that tracks how long it takes to reach it's target and back. Comparable to a submarine sonar ping.
  • Options
    darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not to be harping on you or anything but if you are from europe and cant get sub 150 ms on an NA based server you don't have a grade A connection/isp. Im sitting on approx 50-100ms all the time om both Beholder and Mindflayer servers playinig the game from Sweden. So it's obviously possible to have sub 150ms from europe to NA.

But yes I agree, gief EU servers!
    Screenshot of /netgraph 1 or it didnt happened :D
  • Options
    skydiversrskydiversr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xarlanthar wrote: »
    Don't understand why people still make the mistake that connection speed has any relevance to ping. A ping is a minuscule data package that tracks how long it takes to reach it's target and back. Comparable to a submarine sonar ping.

Exactly...
    but ppl wrote over 50 posts here trying prove there uber connection speed effects there ping ;P
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skydiversr wrote: »
    Exactly...
    but ppl wrote over 50 posts here trying prove there uber connection speed effects there ping ;P

No, but people with FIBRE connections (50Mbps+) will have usually better ping (like people on cable) vs people with ADSL.
  • Options
    kreakor27kreakor27 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont have any latency problems at all, having 50-70 ms all the time. I live in Denmark EU. The reason why i whant EU shards is becourse the servers are allways down for updates, when i get home from work. So i can barely play at all these days. I get maybe 3 hours before i have to go to bed. Really annoying when you enjoy the game and also have spend money to support them.
  • Options
    skydiversrskydiversr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    No, but people with FIBRE connections (50Mbps+) will have usually better ping (like people on cable) vs people with ADSL.

does not matter.. buttom line. europe players should play on europe servers..

and how they gonna balance pvp i am curious;x when there is such huge ping diffrency bettwen players
  • Options
    emrendillemrendill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    kreakor27 wrote: »
    I dont have any latency problems at all, having 50-70 ms all the time. I live in Denmark EU. The reason why i whant EU shards is becourse the servers are allways down for updates, when i get home from work. So i can barely play at all these days. I get maybe 3 hours before i have to go to bed. Really annoying when you enjoy the game and also have spend money to support them.

You have 50 -70ms in Neverwinter?
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skydiversr wrote: »
    does not matter.. buttom line. europe players should play on europe servers..

and how they gonna balance pvp i am curious;x when there is such huge ping diffrency bettwen players

I was just trying to clarify the part about people speaking of good connections. I'd love a EU server but if they are already planning on having only one shard, that will be problematic.

I am afraid routing,line quality and other factors are mixed in, would love to see the ping from people saying that they have no problems and also would love feedback from dutch players (Nederland is well connected being one of the main hubs in Europe)
  • Options
    ezbeeezbee Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Lag isnt that bad here but it may cause me to have to change my class, as a guardian fighter its hard to block because if you start it at the start of their attack animation it still hits you, you have to do it beforehand. very annoying.
  • Options
    darkfie1ddarkfie1d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Because they have the wrong impression on how a network actually works. They see internet as a series of connected allies, streets, avenues, highways and roads and they think the their connection behaves like a car, therefore they believe the faster their car is the faster they get from point A to point B. It looks that way but it truly isn't so. In a network environment a bicycle can be as effective as a Lamborghini.
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

because usually when someone complains about lag, they get the same uneducated reply from braindead fanbois: your connection must be bad
  • Options
    maxpoweryomaxpoweryo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kreakor27 wrote: »
    I dont have any latency problems at all, having 50-70 ms all the time. I live in Denmark EU.

50 ms from EU to US? Hahahahaaaaa you have no idea what youre talking about. You probably checked your fps or something.
  • Options
    curthaagerscurthaagers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    11 pages, and still waiting for a proper official response.

I might sound impatient, but really, it is a kind of big issues right now for us in EU.
  • Options
    nevzatxxnevzatxx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Their silence on the matter is absolutely sickening.

What a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> racist company that alienates one of it's biggest users.

Guys this is why NWE have no popular games. A twitch/delay based game with no EU servers? LOL (and maintenance prime time CET LOL)
  • Options
    dustee071dustee071 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too, am not enjoying the US servers and maintenance times that are aimed for the benefit of americans. Game companies that listen to the players are always very succesfull but im not sure about this one yet. Time will tell.
  • Options
    random1285random1285 Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I didn't notice the latency until I started playing a guardian fighter. Though every time I do a tracert to anywhere, I'm usually taken through Denmark, where there tends to be this comparatively large delay- Like they're physically transporting the packets via bicycle or something.
  • Options
    marzattakzmarzattakz Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to add my voice to this thread. Unlike all of you though I'm playing from Southern Africa and having to connect to the US is pushing my latency up by around 100ms. Fastest I'll ever get to a Europe data centre is 160ms, contrasted to 250-300ms for an American based data centre.

One day perhaps gaming companies will realise that there is a world outside of the US of A.
  • Options
    theblitsstheblitss Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    ok lets be honest here.....
    distance creates lagg. why? because the information that being send and answered to must cross the distance between you who sends an order and the server who replies to it. Some people may have fiber optical cable connection that makes that time around 0.04 seconds not noticable at all but.... not all regions in europe use that kind of connection.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i found out when i use eu2.proxy i get 50-70 higher ping
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So after further delay for those who were demanding it.

http://i40.tinypic.com/vnpb2t.jpg
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    cmsd2cmsd2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    160ms with occasional spikes to 200 from here in germany
  • Options
    raolonraolon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rubberbanding so hard i can't play anymore. Game was very smooth the first hour of gameplay. then it started lagging, rubberbanding and the red "connection to server is lost pls wait" sign appeared from time to time. A few minutes later it started disconnecting me from the game..

I have a aplus internet connection (70down/30up), checked my connection which was not dropping at all..

No clue why they dont have any servers in europe..(or do they). I hope its just the amount of people connecting to the game from europe and it will be better tommorrow.

Well see, not very smooth start so far...
  • Options
    cenumiscenumis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep reading "shards located around the world" etc but even if my house was sitting ontop of one of these shards, doesn't change the fact that servers are in Boston and 350 ping is 350 ping. Marketing OP.
  • Options
    enomic123enomic123 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »
    So after further delay for those who were demanding it.

http://i40.tinypic.com/vnpb2t.jpg

For how long did you have to spam your screenshot key to catch that low ping between 2 jump spikes? My ping keeps jumping from 150 to a bit over 200 and I definitely don't believe that yours is steady.

It would be really awesome having an EU server and cryptic / perfectworld would get much love if they considered setting one up.
  • Options
    wolfsecwolfsec Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    Bump, in hope of a reply from gm/admin etc.
  • Options
    valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    definitely. The delay is huge in pvp. 2 cws fight eachother 1 for US other from EU, i use the choke ability like 0.80 secs before the other dude. but the server delay always makes them get it off before me either way. It's frustrating
  • Options
    caernaccaernac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump, I never have any issue on games that have a Europe based server (ms usually hangs around 30ms). In all games I've played that have US based servers I have a minimum of 150ms, it makes pvp unplayable. In NW it makes dodging stuff a lot harder especially if ms skyrockets every now and then.

It's rare to see a US company care for the European player base (even though it's pretty huge...). I would enjoy this game so much more with a lower ping I'm sure. I wouldn't say that US companies are too chauvinistic about these matters (even though it sure as hell feels like it sometimes), it's more of a money issue I guess. They know EU players will play the game regardless of the 150 ms. So why should they put out a EU server if all it does is cost them money for a bit of appreciation.
  • Options
    h4wkeye101h4wkeye101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are hundreds of servers around the world.
    You are seeing three shards but each shard is a network of hundreds of servers. Not a single US Server. :)

Then why is my ping always 150-200 MS? I am from Europe.
  • Options
    vonthvonth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    High latency (above 100) is not acceptable to play an action game. I'm sure you guys are working to solve this asap BUT after seeing you adding new mounts to the zen store and updating it, i don't know if you are working hard to get the REAL problems done...

Makes me sad.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enomic123 wrote: »
    For how long did you have to spam your screenshot key to catch that low ping between 2 jump spikes? My ping keeps jumping from 150 to a bit over 200 and I definitely don't believe that yours is steady.

It would be really awesome having an EU server and cryptic / perfectworld would get much love if they considered setting one up.

No offence but you demanded proof, he provided it and now you're refusing to believe him even with his proof.

I sit on latencies of 140-150ms, and there's zero noticible lag in PvE, and for what little there is, the game gives you plenty of warning for big attacks to dodge away or block, provided I hit shift before the animation finishes I never fail to see Blocked or Dodged show up above my character.

I will admit that it might make a difference in PvP but that's an entirely different kettle of fish.