test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do lots of PvP before 60.

imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
So, my CW hit 60 and I tried some PvP at that level. Even now, a week after people started playing, the gear difference between a fresh level 60 and those who have the PvP set is substantial. If you have an interest in PvP, my suggestion is to do plenty of PvP before hitting 60 so that you can afford at least several pieces of the PvP gear. Otherwise, it'll be rather annoying to gear up -- both for you and your team.
Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
Post edited by imivo on

Comments

• monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    So, my CW hit 60 and I tried some PvP at that level. Even now, a week after people started playing, the gear difference between a fresh level 60 and those who have the PvP set is substantial. If you have an interest in PvP, my suggestion is to do plenty of PvP before hitting 60 so that you can afford at least several pieces of the PvP gear. Otherwise, it'll be rather annoying to gear up -- both for you and your team.

Good advice but where r the vendors? I have tons of glory but the vendor near the battlemaster on has potions and such.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    monarrch wrote: »
    Good advice but where r the vendors? I have tons of glory but the vendor near the battlemaster on has potions and such.

In the Trades of Blades. When you go inside, walk down the hall and then to the left. There is a vendor. Make sure you switch to the equipment tab. The first one only has potions. :)
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Thanks for the info. What are the prices like for gear? Are there tiers, or is it just the one set?
  • azhrarn80azhrarn80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried PvP and loved it, only at lvl 19 though. The Glory i received wasn't substantial compared to the costs of the purple gear from the vendor. At what level do you suggest to start heavy PvP farming? I was thinkin maybe lvl 40ish?
    ~Blood Always Spills~
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yasha, you should be able to see the gear on the vendor. Prices are below 5000 glory for the bigger pieces like the chest. (4800 or so) The off pieces are around 2700'ish (top of my head, not in the game at the moment). I only saw only one tier per class.
  • bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What is the glory scaling per 10 levels? How much more glory do you gain per match at higher levels?
    26.jpg
    edited May 2013
    You get 700 Glory for a win at 60, not sure what you get when you lose. This is not bad since it's just 7 wins for one of the expensive pieces, and 4 wins for a smaller piece, but it does add up to quite a few matches (and this assumes only wins, which, with an undergeared person, are less likely). What I don't know is how much you get in the lower brackets.
  • gwasgwas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    So what you're saying is that you can actually use PvP gear outside of PvP zones and this will enable you to actually do dungeons at level 60 with ease until you upgrade from the next tier dungeon gear?
    Nessa@gwas - 10,500 Gearscore Control Wizard on Dragon Shard.
    4/4 Castle Never legit. 4/4 Shadow Weaver set. 1/2 Ancient Court Magister.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gwas wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that you can actually use PvP gear outside of PvP zones and this will enable you to actually do dungeons at level 60 with ease until you upgrade from the next tier dungeon gear?

Who said you can use PvP gear outside of PvP?

and fyi: you can't.
    edited May 2013
    Well, the itemization is really aimed at PvP, at least the CW pieces I looked at. No crit on various items, but instead high def, AC and HP. It's not overly suitable for PvE.

What I was saying is mostly that being a fresh 60 without any PvP gear is not necessarily enjoyable. :)
    edited May 2013

Thanks for the clarification.
  • kimoy8520kimoy8520 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The items in the trades of blades are actually good for pve though.
  • arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The PvE gear for CW's has nothing but defensive stats as well lol...
    nwsignature.jpg
  • turkman84turkman84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arktourosx wrote: »
    The PvE gear for CW's has nothing but defensive stats as well lol...

Well probably the threat mechanics aren't broken then. Maybe it's intentional that the GF can't hold aggro of multiple targets :)

Regarding PVP: Haven't tried it yet, but I would like to know whether you level through PVP, like in other games.
  • supernaut72supernaut72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Concerning the stats of the pvp armor, I just hope the best pvp gear can be acquired by actually doing pvp. I wouldn't want this to turn into a situation where I'm forced to do PVE or crafting just to be competitive in PVP. :confused:

@turkan84 - Yes you get XP from pvp. I am always way over level for missions because I do so much pvp lol. I imagine you could get all the way to 60 just doing pvp if you wanted to. Although with only 2 maps it would be pretty repetitive lol.
    edited May 2013
    turkman84 wrote: »
    Regarding PVP: Haven't tried it yet, but I would like to know whether you level through PVP, like in other games.

Yes, you get XP, quite a bit actually. You also get a blue item if you performed best (even if your team lost), and a green one for second and maybe third.
  • tdgsakibombtdgsakibomb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seem to get a green every time lol, although never gotten a blue even when i was on top of the list even on top of other team ;/
  • incendi0incendi0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

• Does the game out right prohibit you from wearing it outside of pvp?
    or
    • It is just not well itemized for pve so it's not all that great of an idea (but you can still wear it if you wanted to)
    edited May 2013
    Well, the itemization is really aimed at PvP, at least the CW pieces I looked at. No crit on various items, but instead high def, AC and HP. It's not overly suitable for PvE.

What I was saying is mostly that being a fresh 60 without any PvP gear is not necessarily enjoyable. :)

Well wouldn't it be better to make sure you have as much dexterity as you can get when you roll a rogue (in my case) for around 20% critical chance and then build power and armor pen on your gear as you go?

I'm more interested in the PvE side of things, but assuming this thread is based solely on PvP I think that would be better, although it would be nice to see the statistics on PvP gear opposed to PvE.
  • rhazael1984rhazael1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    incendi0 wrote: »
    • Does the game out right prohibit you from wearing it outside of pvp?
    or
    • It is just not well itemized for pve so it's not all that great of an idea (but you can still wear it if you wanted to)

The latter
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PVP Gear and PVE Gear
    Do we have to have room in our bags for both?
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I always hate it when games break pvp and pve appart. This is D&D not WoW why follow that model. Gear is gear... managing 2 sets is just annoying. Use what you get... worse system and honest takes away from the game more than adds to it (my opinion).
    edited May 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    PVP Gear and PVE Gear. Do we have to have room in our bags for both?

The 24 slot bags are 1000 Zen, or 480k ADs at current exchange rates (going down every day, so eventually this should be closer to 200k). ;)