test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do queues IN game take so long (still)

nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
i dont get that...for even beginning skirmishes i have to wait 30 minutes, for dungeones 1 hour till i can join - shouldnt the game be flodded with People playing and you should just jump from dungeon to dungeon...where is the issue here?

i would also be interested if hotn founders also get to the front of the in-game Queues - then i'd seriously consider spending the Money...this waiting all the time is annoying
Post edited by nemesis788450 on

Comments

• vanvulturevanvulture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello!

Well at 60 it isn't much better, sometimes i wait around 2 hours for a dungeon to pop. Premade groups is the best as far as i've experienced.

No we Hotn Founders doesn't jump in the in--game que :)
    ''Well, just as I suspected... I couldn't see it because it's invisible.''
  • sofademonsofademon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    I did a skirmish about an hour ago and it took less than a minute.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I think the queue system looks at too many variables and tries too hard to make a balanced party, which is really unnecessary. That's the only thing I can think of. It's not just shortage of class X, even on my GF it can sometimes take an hour to get into a Blacklake skirmish or Cloak Tower, low level content there should be hordes of people trying to play. I'd bet at any given time it can make a dozen parties with the people in the queue, but instead just sits there and waits for somebody with the perfect class and gearscore to round out one perfect party, and if that doesn't happen in half an hour or something it falls back and tries the next most perfect option.
  • bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems extremely buggy on dragon atm. My screen was getting spammed with join que requests even though I clicked once. When the que finally popped up I clicked join multiple times and nothing happened. I was then stuck back in a que I couldn't leave that never popped. Not even logging out fixed it. On top of that foundry is dead just as the event pops probably for the last time for me tonight. I'm logging off, not much fun atm.
  • nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shouldnt the game be flodded with People playing and you should just jump from dungeon to dungeon...where is the issue here?

I'm guessing you are max level already?

The game is flooded with people, but most of them are not level 60 yet. Relax, wait a week for everyone to catch up, and your queues will be poppin'...
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    The in game queue issues are being tackled as we speak.

No word on an ETA yet though.
  • marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    astazia wrote: »
    I think the queue system looks at too many variables and tries too hard to make a balanced party, which is really unnecessary. That's the only thing I can think of. It's not just shortage of class X, even on my GF it can sometimes take an hour to get into a Blacklake skirmish or Cloak Tower, low level content there should be hordes of people trying to play. I'd bet at any given time it can make a dozen parties with the people in the queue, but instead just sits there and waits for somebody with the perfect class and gearscore to round out one perfect party, and if that doesn't happen in half an hour or something it falls back and tries the next most perfect option.

A balanced party is necessary, its just the absolute saturation of CW and TR make this a hard task. At 60 atleast some epic dungeons really need a good party make up or you will just wipe over and over. I am sick to death of all TR parties so im making a GWF.

They really need to encourage ppl to play GF/GWF more.. and they need to start by toning down TR and CW.. ESPECIALLY in pvp.

I have a 8.4k gs rogue and in pvp its just stupid how much dmg i can do (29k) is my largest crit in pvp so far. CW are probably worse, as they can do this all from range and totally shut down an entire team. Class balance needs to be addressed, for as long as it isnt the ques will remain.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    marc54 wrote: »
    A balanced party is necessary, its just the absolute saturation of CW and TR make this a hard task. At 60 atleast some epic dungeons really need a good party make up or you will just wipe over and over.

Is this just an assumption? Because I've seen videos and streams of level 60s running end game dungeons without balanced parties. The way the game works it seems to be much more about player skill than party composition, some of the bosses I've fought at least at lower levels I can beat without ever getting hit a single time, and it doesn't even take skill on many of them, just run circles around them.

The queue system will eventually spit out parties of like 5 CWs if that's all that's available, it just takes a long time.
  • judgemonroejudgemonroe Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Classes should never be balanced for PvP. This is at least nominally a D&D game, after all.
  • marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    read before you post.

6300 gs epics are a joke, try running higher tier epics with all rogues. GL
  • nomad1506nomad1506 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    The in game queue issues are being tackled as we speak.

No word on an ETA yet though.

Any words on being able to redo skirmishes missed and now low leveled due to this queuing issue?
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I sort of gave up on the queues and am just leveling now. Half the time I join then never find anything and then out level the event. Is a bit discouraging in a way.
  • varakkysvarakkys Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just waited 35 minutes for the Orc skirmish to pop, despite entering the queue in a FULL GROUP. What the hell is going on? Are PW so terrified that we might farm diamonds during the special? Or is it just lack of server capacity?
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's weird for sure. Sometimes i'm in with just a few minutes, other times it's over an hour. A lot of times, i will be waiting, and i'm dropped from the queue for no reason i can tell and i'm not notified of it. :\
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    I sort of gave up on the queues and am just leveling now. Half the time I join then never find anything and then out level the event. Is a bit discouraging in a way.

From what I can tell you are practically guaranteed several level 25 blues (for your class) from the Storming the Keep skirmish. You don't even have to roll on them, they are found in chests and you get your own drop from the boss. Maybe I just got ridiculously lucky, but I found 3 in one run on my GF, and the items are all on the AH for like 50AD.
  • xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They must be bugged or something still, as the CM mentioned above. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |