test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What

musaxxxmusaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi there,

i just noticed, while browsing the forums, that identifying scrolls can only be purchased with AD. It seems everything is purchased wth AD.
Is there a point in the coins we get? Are there meaningful sinks for coin and/or any reason to amass it?

I am only lvl 16or17 atm, and i was identifying every single drop i found up till now, as i believed i could get more at some NPC :) While i am now thinking it might have been smarter to save the stacks you get in the first levels for later. Or at least for when i feel like i need to upgrade slots?

PS: I am not complaining, since i have no idea how this will play out or if im even correct. Just want to get more information on what i need to focus while leveling and what i need to keep in the back of my head to not regret later :)
Post edited by musaxxx on

Comments

• infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no. because the ones you get pre 30 are lesser versions. After 30 you need other scrolls, so dont be shy and stack/save them in the early levels.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • flakkmagnetflakkmagnet Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had several drop for me. Not enough to ID every piece of gear I find, but usually enough for the pieces that are usable by my class. The other stuff really isn't worth Identifying anyway since it doesn't vendor for much.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you get plenty of diamonds for them too without buying zen or anything. do the daily stuff for Rhix. pre 30 if you only id what you can use you should get enough id scrolls dropping too.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    musaxxx wrote: »
    Hi there,

i just noticed, while browsing the forums, that identifying scrolls can only be purchased with AD. It seems everything is purchased wth AD.
    Is there a point in the coins we get? Are there meaningful sinks for coin and/or any reason to amass it?

I am only lvl 16or17 atm, and i was identifying every single drop i found up till now, as i believed i could get more at some NPC :) While i am now thinking it might have been smarter to save the stacks you get in the first levels for later. Or at least for when i feel like i need to upgrade slots?

PS: I am not complaining, since i have no idea how this will play out or if im even correct. Just want to get more information on what i need to focus while leveling and what i need to keep in the back of my head to not regret later :)
    You can buy some mounts for in game cash. You can buy potions for in game cash. There isn't a lot of coin sink in the game yet, but who knows what will be added in time.

It's good to be frugal with identify scrolls, as they are worth more than the extra coin you get from selling identified items you don't intend to use. Use them for items for your class you have reason to expect are better than what you have, or that can be used by any class.
  • redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There are several important uses for GOLD.

common companions (2g)
    common mounts (5g)
    potions
    skill kits
    injury kits

Obviously if you have a AD or Zen mount you won't need a common mount, but for a large number of players saving that first 5G for your levwl 20 mount will be an important consideration!
  • dramdrumdramdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    In the very early betas, you used to be able to buy ID scrolls with gold.
    Then they changed it to AD only and each scroll used to cost 600 AD.
    Then people complained and complained and rightfuly so.
    Then they made tiers on the ID scrolls and they lowred their prices.
    Now you have lesser ID that costs 15 AD and works on items up to level 29, normal ID that costs 45 AD and works on items 30 to 59 and greater ID which i don't remember how much it costs (100?) and works on level 60 items.
    Saving up the lesser IDs is kinda pointless, just make sure you manage them well so you have just enough to ID stuff up to level 30.
  • musaxxxmusaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks you all for the useful information about gold in general and the scrolls in particular.
    I think this answeres all my concerns perfectly :)

PS: Sorry for the title, i didnt notice it only being the first word of my title, hope its fixed now :)