test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celestial Coin grace period?

bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Are we going to get a grace period for our celestial coins? It's not very fair to have a decaying currency (which I have been saving up for a few days now) rot because we can't log in.
Post edited by bardmedicine11 on

Comments

• bvknightbvknight Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree it's not fair, but unfortunately I don't think it should be changed. It will probably only be an issue for a little while, because of the initial open beta launch. Once the queue situation dies down, it will be working as intended.
  • kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there a time limit on the coins if you don't spend by a certain amount of time?

I can see getting the Protector Angel, kinda troublesome
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    kaskian wrote: »
    Is there a time limit on the coins if you don't spend by a certain amount of time?

I can see getting the Protector Angel, kinda troublesome
    From what I understood when reading the quest, there is no time limit on spending them, so long as you get one every day. If you don't log in to 'refresh' your coins and get your one for the day then they will all disappear.
  • bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe it's the celestial coins only. I think ardent coins don't rot. I could be wrong on this. I was saving my headstart ones for the 7 coin item, kind of annoying I will likely lose it because of their inability to keep the servers functional.
  • redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The ones you save for the angel do not decay.

The ones that decay only store up to 7 for the best prize and 5 for the second-best prize.

(I do keep getting celestial and ardent mixed up though)

I do agree though, I hope I don't lose my coins (up to 4 this morning) due to server outages.
  • kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah that would be a kick in the balls. Thanks for the info
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Celestial Coins have a 30 hour timer that resets every time you invoke.
  • sunyamsunyam Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the time for it should be changed. Having to log in every day is a bit much, not everyone can do that. People have jobs, school, families, they go out of town etc. People that feels it shouldn't change at all might have feel differently when they've been saving up and one day they cannot log in for whatever reason.
  • lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Celestial Coins have a 30 hour timer that resets every time you invoke.

Ambisinisterr stated in another thread that the the reset timer was 29 hours. I'd have to go looking for it as, at the moment, I can't remember the title. I don't know if that's from the time of the first invocation or the last invocation.

And, it is, indeed, the Celestial coins (which have an upper limit of seven coins for an item) that decay, NOT the Ardent coins which are used for much "bigger ticket" items.

Lottie
  • uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you have more than one character and have to relog to change, this becomes painful as you have to sit in the queue several times.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, there are two different currencies at work. Celestial currency never decays, never goes away, and stays in inventory. It doesn't specify that you get one per day (but that has been my experience so far). At 360, you can buy the angel. If this companion is not BoP, then I can see this going for tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions, of AD. You can also buy 4-packs of all non-endgame tier seals to purchase equipment horses, and some level 60 blue gear which looks halfway decent.

The Ardent coinage, which allows a maximum of 7 coins, will decay (set to zero coins) after 1 day 5 hours. You definitely get this only once per day. The "best" thing to purchase from this coinage is the professions pack (once per week, at 7 coins/week).
  • lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lanessar13 wrote: »
    Well, there are two different currencies at work. Celestial currency never decays, never goes away, and stays in inventory. It doesn't specify that you get one per day (but that has been my experience so far). At 360, you can buy the angel. If this companion is not BoP, then I can see this going for tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions, of AD. You can also buy 4-packs of all non-endgame tier seals to purchase equipment horses, and some level 60 blue gear which looks halfway decent.

The Ardent coinage, which allows a maximum of 7 coins, will decay (set to zero coins) after 1 day 5 hours. You definitely get this only once per day. The "best" thing to purchase from this coinage is the professions pack (once per week, at 7 coins/week).

While I agree with your assessment of the best item to purchase, you have confused Ardent and Celestial coins. It is Celestial coins that decay and Ardent coins that continue to accumulate ad infinitum until spent.
    Also, the professions pack is five coins. I do not recall what the seven coin package contains but, to the best of my recollection, it is more cosmetic items ... dyes, etc, maybe

Lottie
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7 coins is enchantment box , has 3 level 4ish enchantments and either of the combiners from the zen store .
    Its a good choice if your not gonna craft .
  • voidroninvoidronin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The first time you invoke each day, and only the first, you gain an Ardent Coin and a Celestial Coin. You can only ever gain one of each per day. The rest of the rewards; exp, AD, items, ect have diminishing returns each time you invoke with in that day until eventually all you receive is the buff.

The Ardent Coins do not have a cap and are permanent as in they do not decay with time. The Celestial Coins have a 30 hour decay timer that rests every time you invoke and have a cap of a total of 7 coins. (Secret for quick invoke is to log out at a fire.)

The Ardent coins can buy good gear, mounts, companions (the angel), ect. Look them all over and figure out exactly what you want to buy and when, they play for that many days. The angle will take 360 days for the first person to get it (Currently).

The Celestial coins can buy pots, profession resource packs and at the 7 coin level an enchantment/ rune pack. The Celestial coins are there as a bonus and to give you something to buy while you earn the Ardent coins; the real limited currency in Neverwinter.

There is something to be bought with Celestial coins at every level 1/2/3/4/5/7 with the exception of 6 coins. This is the only issue i currently see with the Celestial coins. The issue with the Ardent coins is how much some of the things cost. The weapons specifically are an issue as 6 months into the game only the most casual player will not have an epic weapon from the dungeons, which are better than the coin weapons, and if they are so casual as to never get a dungeon weapon either from running the dungeon or eventually getting one from the AH (Not BoP) then it is unlikely that they have also logged in enough to buy one.
    edited May 2013
    Celestial currency never decays, never goes away, and stays in inventory.
    <snip>
    The Ardent coinage, which allows a maximum of 7 coins, will decay (set to zero coins) after 1 day 5 hours.
    It's the other way around. Ardent never decays and is used for the long term stuff, Celestial is used for the 1-7 stuff and with the rewards being what they are, you're not missing out much by not getting either of the two final rewards (a small pack of Profession resources [5] and a small pack of socketables [7]).
    lottiemc wrote: »
    Ambisinisterr stated in another thread that the the reset timer was 29 hours.
    The timer says 1 day 5 hours if you mouse over immedately after invoking. Extrapolating from how the other countdown timers (mostly the profession ones) in this game work, it would say 1 day, 5 hours, 59 minutes if it showed minutes.
    voidronin wrote: »
    There is something to be bought with Celestial coins at every level 1/2/3/4/5/7 with the exception of 6 coins.
    Unless something has changed with the new patch there's only stuff available at 1, 3, 5 & 7. There used to be stuff for 2 & 4, but not after they changed the rewards (7 used to be an Astral Diamond chest).
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's the other way around. Ardent never decays and is used for the long term stuff, Celestial is used for the 1-7 stuff and with the rewards being what they are, you're not missing out much by not getting either of the two final rewards (a small pack of Profession resources [5] and a small pack of socketables [7]).

Drat. With all the coinage/bars/tokens/seals/bits, it's hard to keep track of the names.
    Unless something has changed with the new patch there's only stuff available at 1, 3, 5 & 7. There used to be stuff for 2 & 4, but not after they changed the rewards (7 used to be an Astral Diamond chest).

I only saw three options. 1, 3, 5. I quite enjoyed the chest of AD, it was nice - 40K, I believe. Not raw. I hope to see it again.
  • redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sunyam wrote: »
    I think the time for it should be changed. Having to log in every day is a bit much, not everyone can do that. People have jobs, school, families, they go out of town etc. People that feels it shouldn't change at all might have feel differently when they've been saving up and one day they cannot log in for whatever reason.

Logging in daily to collect the daily coin is a privilege, not a right. The only thing you miss by not logging in every day is the 7-day reward which is a box of enchantments, or the 5-day reward which is a box of crafting mats, both of which you can earn though many other methods in-game anyway. they are nice but they are not exclusive!

There are some very nice rewards for the other coins (up to 360!), but those coins don't vanish if you don't login for a day.
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    7 coins is enchantment box , has 3 level 4ish enchantments and either of the combiners from the zen store .
    Its a good choice if your not gonna craft .

Ahhh, thank you, labbb. I really couldn't remember what the seven coin pack contained. What I remembered, given that I'm crafting, was that the five coin crafting package was more appealing and/or useful to me, at this time.

Lottie
    edited May 2013

The timer says 1 day 5 hours if you mouse over immedately after invoking. Extrapolating from how the other countdown timers (mostly the profession ones) in this game work, it would say 1 day, 5 hours, 59 minutes if it showed minutes.

Hmmm, about the timing/timer ... that's interesting ... thanks, wingedkagouti! :)

Lottie
    edited May 2013
    I only saw three options. 1, 3, 5. I quite enjoyed the chest of AD, it was nice - 40K, I believe. Not raw. I hope to see it again.
    There's an arrow that lets you scroll to the 7 day pack.
    edited May 2013
    Drat. With all the coinage/bars/tokens/seals/bits, it's hard to keep track of the names.

Ain't that the truth!

Hmmm, I don't blame you a bit. I didn't see it, but I wish I had and wish I would. Not, however, that I'm expecting it to reappear. Or, in other words, I'm not holding my breath! ;)

Lottie