test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/01/13

Comments

• Options
    punkerox27punkerox27 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    now is 13:02 PM in Brazil, more how much hours i need wait?
  • Options
    jackdoesjackdoes Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive spent more money in RL than all my games ive ever owned...

Yeah, RL is F2P but has MicroPays
  • Options
    qalimori3463qalimori3463 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jackdoes wrote: »
    Ey Boys, i have an idea for you. While you wait for the maintenance, why dont try a good game? its called "Real Life" and is F2P too...

But its P2W.
  • Options
    jezboar1337jezboar1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reading some of these comments frighten me, people who practically RAGE over queues... It's an MMO guys, it just launched, are you new to MMOs?
    Even World of Warcraft have these issues during expansion releases, both the lag and queue part so don't go blaming a free to play AND free to download game for having problems, it's kinda to be expected on an MMO launch (even though this is "just" open beta, there will be no character wipes so it has unoffically launched)
  • Options
    avaleanavalean Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well about 6PM here in Germany -1CET so how long we looking at until the servers are expected back up at this time? Yep wanted to play an archer elf myself and multiclass it into a Ranger / Thief / Cleric probably for the free healing if not near a campfire. HEY! Speaking of which, why not have it that you slowly start to regen health once out of combat anyway? Or is it that you want ot force people into buying loads of healing potions in the game? Just wondering is all. Can see healing and potions good for battle but once no longer in combat we sohuld be able to simply sit on locaiotn / rest, and heal like most other MMOs.

OH did I ask?? Any idea when the servers will come back up via Central European time frame?
  • Options
    zindaliuszindalius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those of us who have enjoyed the Beta testing so far,wish you the best on a great game launch. Good Luck with the final testing phase,and pay no attention to the troll behind the curtain.
    Zindalius` Prognosticator of Perpetual Perfunctory
  • Options
    yaktongyaktong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it gave me the benefits i am looking for sure i would. Why would I not. Course the first issue for me is they would need to add character slots, and more then 4....

lol just saw the thread i am in, why am i replying to this here :rolleyes:
  • Options
    grikgidgrikgid Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    so what your'e saying is they need to do maintenance while its not prime time ANYWHERE?
    I'm not sure you understand how timezones work
    I certainly do know how time zones work; I work in a global IT environment where the maintenance of global systems is bread and butter stuff. And off course it is prime time somewhere. Perhaps the concept of staggered maintenance is new to you? This is where the maintenance time slot varies from week to week, thus not impacting the same user population every time. The working hours of the parent company are also not an issue, for it is not hard to work out a working schedule that allows for this, and it is not very costly either. It is high time global truly meant global.
  • Options
    daworoxdaworox Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any info on when the servers are expected to be back up?
    (GMT time)
  • Options
    torgardurtorgardur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys, i can't even connect to login server, i don't even see queue number. Is that normal ? I mean is that cause of huge traffic for open beta ?
    Thanks in advance
  • Options
    stev69stev69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    jackdoes wrote: »
    Ey Boys, i have an idea for you. While you wait for the maintenance, why dont try a good game? its called "Real Life" and is F2P too...

Lol @ RL being F2P, ever heard of taxes mate?
  • Options
    sekkurelsekkurel Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    Well its 7:05 GMT + 2 were i live and servers still down so i guess we are gonna have to wait a little longer
    I suggest tho when the servers are up to wait around 10 30 minutes before attempting a login. To avoid the lag issues with massive logins at once :)
    Peace Cryptic and GJ on this ( so far ) awesome game :)
  • Options
    labimbalabimba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    gracias a todos
  • Options
    arressarress Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DID you even read this post???? :) cmon dud...read the first post not the last..
  • Options
    c4nt3rc4nt3r Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Timeline

8:00AM PDT - Please be aware that we are seeing a high volume of traffic on our website and forums. Performance may be sluggish for the time being.

7:30AM PDT - Full maintenance begins. Servers are offline.

7:17AM PDT - Network tasks are in progress. We are performing the initial network fixing while the servers are still online, though they should be coming down shortly.

Last edited by dezstravus; Today at 06:58 AM.

Update of post is before all possible timezones :P How is this possible? :cool:
  • Options
    vee42vee42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    avalean wrote: »
    Well about 6PM here in Germany -1CET so how long we looking at until the servers are expected back up at this time? Yep wanted to play an archer elf myself and multiclass it into a Ranger / Thief / Cleric probably for the free healing if not near a campfire. HEY! Speaking of which, why not have it that you slowly start to regen health once out of combat anyway? Or is it that you want ot force people into buying loads of healing potions in the game? Just wondering is all. Can see healing and potions good for battle but once no longer in combat we sohuld be able to simply sit on locaiotn / rest, and heal like most other MMOs.

OH did I ask?? Any idea when the servers will come back up via Central European time frame?

Befriend a cleric and roll with him. I'm always willing to run with a partner on my cleric if we're on the same server. :)
  • Options
    tegeiltegeil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    working hard on it is good news
  • Options
    forgottenmythforgottenmyth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    c4nt3r wrote: »
    Update of post is before all possible timezones :P How is this possible? :cool:

pacific west coast time.. its now 9:10 PDT
  • Options
    darkantaresdarkantares Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guys when the server come UP ?..tnk
  • Options
    sydirsydir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grikgid wrote: »
    I certainly do know how time zones work; I work in a global IT environment where the maintenance of global systems is bread and butter stuff. And off course it is prime time somewhere. Perhaps the concept of staggered maintenance is new to you? This is where the maintenance time slot varies from week to week, thus not impacting the same user population every time. The working hours of the parent company are also not an issue, for it is not hard to work out a working schedule that allows for this, and it is not very costly either. It is high time global truly meant global.

It probably has to do with staffing issues.
  • Options
    browncoatbobbrowncoatbob Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But its P2W.

I lol'd :D
  • Options
    grikgidgrikgid Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    fongador wrote: »
    No matter the time it will be inconvenient to some and that is not why people left SWTOR but nice try. People have been whining about maintenance times for years with every mmo that comes out. Nothing new here at all. S.o.s.

So you know the exact reason why each person left the game?
  • Options
    punkerox27punkerox27 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you already got the new patch (NW.1.20130416a.13)?
    My current patch is still NW.1.20130416a.12 ... I believe that is not enabled automatic downloading it right?
  • Options
    girlofshadowgirlofshadow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    does this game has a specific 'Roleplay' server?
  • Options
    forgottenmythforgottenmyth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guys when the server come UP ?..tnk
    less than 2 hours i think
  • Options
    nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    avalean wrote: »

I think there is a regeneration stat but I still dont know what is it for :D Maybe it regens your hp slowly while not in combat but who knows. Maybe someone more advanced should explain or I need to read more (excuse me if Im wrong with that comment). Otherwise thats what are healers for :D and ofc cleric companions (I took a cleric companion last night and it end up really useful saving my *** couple of times).
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

Things are currently progressing as planned. No change to the ETA at this time. Still planning on being online around 11am/2 hours from now. :)
  • Options
    amalyndaamalynda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    vee42 wrote: »
    Befriend a cleric and roll with him. I'm always willing to run with a partner on my cleric if we're on the same server. :)

Guardian Fighter + Trickster Rogue, both with Devoted Cleric companion = uber-easy mode.
  • Options
    barroomhero55barroomhero55 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome, thanks for the update!
  • Options
    lghspd4melghspd4me Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4 hours? Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> batman what are you guys doing?
This discussion has been closed.