test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's "Beta" why are you all so upset?

touzsantouzsan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Bottom line is it's still in "BETA" maybe people just don't understand what that means. In a nutshell when a game is being created it starts in "ALPHA" and when the designers are ready to really test the game hardcore, find more bugs, balance things and most importantly make the game stable and available to everyone.

The game is currently in "BETA" this is not the final release, the game is still being created. I feel your pain, I understand many of you spend hundreds of dollars already and you do deserve extra, and you will get it.

Guys I bet 90% of you have played other MMO and you should already know that the first day a game is released to "everyone" it's going to have server ques, full servers, unstable servers, bugs, and other issues.

Getting on the forums and posting thread after thread complaining will not solve anything, in fact it just puts more pressure on their staff to go through the piles of text and posts.

Calm down, give them a couple days to add more servers, they can't just add a hundred servers instantly. Servers cost money to set up, the game is "free" so lots of people are going to download the game today try it and never play again.

Trust me there is nothing worse than leveling up a toon on a full server then 3 days later its a ghost server.

Calm down, give them a break, make some coffee, take a nap, chill.
Post edited by touzsan on

Comments

• snarftasticsnarftastic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Also, it's free. So far all the whiners are the free to play crowd... or in the online world what we like to call "the plague".

(sidenote: I paid 60 dollars and enjoyed the head start, because disposable income is nice)
  • salis777salis777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    want to play game
  • ulriclorefieldulriclorefield Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    if only more people were reasonable and didn't throw a fit when a game doesn't work on the first day. Especially on a game that's free to play.
    BETA is BETA the sooner you accept that the sooner you can get on with your life.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Most of the whining is typical forum trolling, mock outrage and screams of fail is more fun than any game ever could be to some folks.

/shrug
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • fissure1000fissure1000 Member Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    Also, it's free. So far all the whiners are the free to play crowd... or in the online world what we like to call "the plague".

(sidenote: I paid 60 dollars and enjoyed the head start, because disposable income is nice)

I'm f2p and got into the game just fine after a short time of waiting in the queue, no need to even spend money for a headstart :)
  • snarftasticsnarftastic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm f2p and got into the game just fine after a short time of waiting in the queue, no need to even spend money for a headstart :)

See, a normal person! Something you don't see much of these days. Everyone thinks they are entitled to special treatment and cries to mommy when it isn't given.

Kudos to you good sir.
  • fasttx66fasttx66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm actually more annoyed at the prepaid elitest players who think PWI should kick free players so they can enjoy the game.
    edited April 2013
    fasttx66 wrote: »
    I'm actually more annoyed at the prepaid elitest players who think PWI should kick free players so they can enjoy the game.

That's an example of down syndrome morons on the OTHER side of the spectrum.
  • daywalkerhawkdaywalkerhawk Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well im a litle upset because i can neither play NW or STO because the Lagging/login Problem is now there too.
    edited April 2013
    See, a normal person! Something you don't see much of these days. Everyone thinks they are entitled to special treatment and cries to mommy when it isn't given.

Kudos to you good sir.

Hell, no reason to get upset over a queue. You payed $60 and are fine with the queue, i don't think i really need to get upset over having to wait for a queue when i didn't pay anything. Especially considering the fact that there are quite a few actual forced payed MMOS that get queues the first few days.
  • epmd2epmd2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looks like there is already a split between the two factions.... great start.
  • magisruzzmagisruzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Founder's are complaining because they have a right to. They purchased a product which featured a certain thing, and that thing is not there (this case being priority in queue). They aren't getting ALL of what they paid for, I think there should be a small recompense for what's missing.
  • geladongeladon Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    touzsan wrote: »
    Bottom line is it's still in "BETA" maybe people just don't understand what that means.

The only one who doesnt understand what that means in the year 2013 is you.

Its a used term for "smooth launch" - since there are no more tests or wipes. Its pretty common that developers use this term - in most cases as excuse for errors which happen throughout the launch. I can only laught about the simplicity in this forums...
    magisruzz wrote: »
    Founder's are complaining because they have a right to.

No you have not. You KNEW what you paid for - read the fine print.
    edited April 2013
    Hell, no reason to get upset over a queue. You payed $60 and are fine with the queue, i don't think i really need to get upset over having to wait for a queue when i didn't pay anything. Especially considering the fact that there are quite a few actual forced payed MMOS that get queues the first few days.

It really comes down to priorities. This game isn't my #1 life priority and If I don't get my fix today, who cares? I can do a plethora of other things not related to gaming, or even that ARE related to gaming.
  • cragarioncragarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Because some of us paid and we were playing fine until open beta was released now we cant even get into the queue never mind the game :(.
  • majzlikmajzlik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Open beta has always been a launch for f2p MMOs. If you wanna throw around the argument "its BETA, get over it", then I expect a full wipe at the end followed by full release. If that doesn't happen, then it's not a proper beta. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
  • undeadarchersundeadarchers Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    F2P players here, I've played many other MMOPRG games when goes OBT smooth without any problem login into game. Compare to others MMO out there paying for VIP Access without <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> issue. Why does Perfect world's games having so many problems when goes OBT?
    edited April 2013
    It really comes down to priorities. This game isn't my #1 life priority and If I don't get my fix today, who cares? I can do a plethora of other things not related to gaming, or even that ARE related to gaming.

I feel for the people who really want to play the game but can't because of the queue. Especially if they're waiting awhile. I know what its like to really want to play a game but can't because of the line. I understand people's frustration. I'd honestly probably be more annoyed if i was still waiting in the queue, though i guess i got pretty lucky with getting into the game pretty fast.
  • borak2borak2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No Queue's for the foundry :-) I've been using that instead for the time being once the Queues started to hit. Have fun
  • elrobochancoelrobochanco Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It may be free and it may be beta, but it doesn't change the fact that you can't get players to stick around to try your game if they can't actually play it. F2P players have a notoriously low attention span for retention.
  • talrunetalrune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    While yes its open beta but it basically is a soft launch since there are no more wipes all money you now spend is permanent etc so people do have a right to complain.
  • dfighter1985dfighter1985 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    These games are mostly played by teenagers.
    That's why they are angry. It's natural, we've all been there at some point.
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm confused. People say its beta, others say its a soft launch. This isn't the official launching of the game. Is everything we created going to be simply deleted, if so when. I was under the impression that this was the actual launch of the game.
  • shadow71shadow71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited April 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    I'm confused. People say its beta, others say its a soft launch. This isn't the official launching of the game. Is everything we created going to be simply deleted, if so when. I was under the impression that this was the actual launch of the game.
    Nope nothing you create at this point is going to be deleted.
  • cett2cett2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    @OP when was the last time you played an Open beta that started out like this? good question huh
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    shadow71 wrote: »
    Nope nothing you create at this point is going to be deleted.

Why if I may ask, do they call it open beta if its a soft launch. I actually just heard about the game yesterday. I didn't play in any of the earlier beta. I'm confused why they call it an open beta, if its actually a launch..it is a launch, fill me in.
  • pikavoirpikavoir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Want to know why people are whining? Because this is the most sloppy open beta since WoW's.
  • d4rkdomin4tord4rkdomin4tor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol, OPEN BETA with CASH SHOP AVAILABLE?
    i think it's more like OFFICIAL LAUNCH......
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Meh, its to be expected for launch, but only having three shards that all all region free, is a bad idea. That's why we have 10,000+ queues.

I can deal with it, but its only compounded by the fifteen minute disconnect idle timer, and the inability to simply log out to your character list.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have no issues waiting and I paid cash to have a title and a mount ...woot. I survived STo and its launch.....I survived SIMCITy and its terrible launch......

Any real MMO player will stay away from launch day of any games especially MMO's and typially expansions just fo this reason....

Game devs are notrious for launching with minimal assets needed to run the game and because of this suffer very similiar issues.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.