test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• thirdeye69thirdeye69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    please bring up more shards and fix this queue issue. the only saving grace to this is the crafting portal.
  • clownshockclownshock Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yes que 533 cmon :D and back to 23k+ :D
  • wulphgarwulphgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    REALLY ??!?!? im at 16049 for 10 mins . 20 min later at 6615. doesn't seem right to pay $60 to just sit here waiting. WHY dont guardians jump to front also ??
  • occeocce Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Regardless of what some say the current situation is significant. It does not matter if PW calls this an open beta. Beta is just another marketing gimik in todays mmo world. Beta give the developers and out if things go wrong. The fact is, this is the games launch. I have been through all the major mmo launches of the last 10 years and this one is very bad. In todays market games need to launch flawlessly. Trion with RIFT show this is possible. GW2 did a great job. The days of cutting developers slack are over. PW should have been much more prepared for today. I short wait is understandable. It does not matter if you paid 200 or 59 bucks you should be in game.

These company make millions upon millions of dollars and the tech is there to avoid this, especially for a f2p game that needs to come out of the gate running. The word of todays poor launch is already hitting the forums and youtube. I am not *****ing or pissed I am just stating a fact. It is a different world for mmos now and the developers better be ready or they will lose millions. I paid for the 59 dollar guardian and was going to go ahead and pay the 199 because I had a lot of fun. I did not even know about vip access. However the wait situation stopped me and I will just stay with my guardian since I am not sure the developer earned another 199 from me. So they lost my money not out of anger but out of concern. The game is great and we should all be in playing even the free players.
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sweet im in
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • teleck2teleck2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Shouldnt even be a que IMO. open more freakin servers. problem solved.
  • josh1298josh1298 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    holy hell, everyone is *****ing like they didnt expect to see issues on their first day of open beta when they get swarmed by everyone that has been waiting to play. chill, its not the end of the world. **** will get fixed and all will be right in the world.
  • hippomousehippomouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    zentucknor wrote: »
    I am amazed at how many of the"Guardians" seem to have not bother to read about what they bought...

We have, I think most of us are a little bemused that there isn't a tiered system i.e. Heros get priority (no probs they paid $200 and it clearly stated that) Guardians paid $60 (and we know it didn't state any priority) but should get priority over F2P? F2P players paid 0. The thing that is annoying me and other Guardians is there is 0 logic to prioritising people who have invested no money whatsoever over those who have.
  • cowcowoinkcowcowoink Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow. 6623 and now 6301. I really hope this is just opening day load times or this may not be all that fun to play. Or increase server load as that's a hell of a high number even for opening day. That or the server load IS a high number and they just had more than expected.
  • mootang1mootang1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL hilarious all the people complaining about queue issues during an "OPEN BETA" shut your mouths. I'm sitting at work just WISHING I was able to queue for this game you whining little idiots. Every game has teething issues especially during beta phases - this is why they're for testing loads/bugs etc. Seriously so many lol's to be had in this thread. Idiots galore. I hope Cryptic ignores all the whining and just keeps working away on what promises to be an awesome game.
  • lukecage#5283 lukecage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There are some Heroes packs in queue also this is open beta.:rolleyes:
  • ograstaograsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yay! I get to be the first to tell you what a stupid prick you are! Get ready for more hate, you sniveling dip****.
  • vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Open Beta: Free
    Stuck in Queue: Free
    Reading players that payed $60-$200 and feel they are entitled to better but stuck with the rest of us: PRICELESS!

Actually the Heroes of the North who paid 200 dollars ARE entitled to this. This was part of what we bought. People who fail to read and make assumptions, priceless.

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • chiller741chiller741 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would pay money to get in game right now :P
  • sbfusesbfuse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They knew this was gonna happen. The good thing is there are plenty of established triple-A games that you can play right now. Ill be back tomorrow maybe to see if the amateurs figured out how to manage a server for a launch.
  • kyzerukyzeru Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Here...let me make this simple for people:

HoTN gets VIP GAME ACCESS Scroll to the list at the bottom, and voila, priority for queues...which doesn't make you immune to queues...but puts you at the head of the line.

Guardians Getting the Shaft!? Erm No Nowhere in there does it say you get priority for queues.

Maybe reading what's on the pages never occurred to you, but there's a term you should learn: Caveat Emptor.

Another thing to keep in mind, as has been pointed out several times, is the fact that people pay for "priority access" are also competing with others for said "priority..." More people with priority = bigger queue.

For those who will say at least I get to play the game...well my computer decided to bluescreen and reset after I was in game, and I get to wait out a 14520 person queue.

Growing pains, get used to them.
  • opaliticopalitic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Short queue you say? My number is 25014 and its not even moving...
  • gokaogokao Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lol Some people are just completely spoiled and feel like if they rage at something it'll magically fix itself. These are the kind of people who would hit their kids/wives if they didn't listen right away..

If they could go out and get laid that is..
    yup pretty much xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Im watching you! muwahhaha
  • amazingramazingr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can expect some issues like this for the first day of open beta as people login to play. My hope is the devs are paying attention to the numbers and maybe add more shards to handle the volume or do something else to mitigate the issue.

I do find it rather frustrating as it would be good to know where I truly am in the queue so I can know if I will be able to go make dinner while waiting or not. Because if I get logged in while away, but am afk too long I will get dumped out right? Other concern is what if I am playing with a group and get dumped due to a bug/glitch (since this is still beta after all), does my group have to sit and wait the 20-30 minutes for me to get back in? That then leaves people doing nothing.

I do find it rude to bump one set of paying customers to the front of the line and leave the other paying customers not at the same place. Do it for all paying or not at all. Even putting the higher payers first and then next level second is fair. But it is not a deal breaker yet for me.
  • assassin238assassin238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    ...you can...$200 for priority queueing...
  • clownshockclownshock Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    YES i'm in after 1h que :D
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    vythical wrote: »
    Youre real number in queue is the highest number divided by the lowest number multiplied by your birth day squared by the number of times youve been disconnected plus infinity.

Hahaha, best post in the thread so far!

@all the fanbois, please stop. Zealots are annoying and come off as uneducated and sad. People have a right to complain if something is broken. This is more than broken.

@the entitled, please stop. People who didn't buy packs are not freeloaders, moochers or anything of the sort. They are just intelligent enough to wait and see if the game is worth paying for.

So far, not impressed. How they handle this will determine how many paying customers (if any) they have in the future.
  • scannjerscannjer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited April 2013
    Please people clam down :( I know you all want to play...

I do not like what is happening right now to... but was expected! Just have some patience ;)

I really enjoy the game and that's why I bought one of the Founder's pack + some in-game cash items!
    Now I can't play yes... but I'm sure that I will have lots of more gaming day's after today issues get resolved!

Please stop this rude language and have some patience!!!
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, make the servers huge, so there is least amount of lag possible, and lets hope the community is nice, and are all from North America. So far, the game is awesome, hopefully a lot of content will be released and updates are quick. Also, I hope to god it isn't dungeon spammy and a grind fest, exp bonuses and making it more open world and fast paced, along with mounts like horses for travel would be nice. Hoping this game takes top MMO of the year, if the devs can do it right. So far, huge queue but it's all good, hopefully any new moves for higher levels are more flashy and bigger! Lastly, let's all hope there is something addicting to do after leveling and doing dungeons.
  • moosewarrrmoosewarrr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i was going great, just hit level 10, then as soon as the open beta clock ticked over, massive crash, and havnt been able to get in since.. really curious to see how its saved
  • courtseecourtsee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Hahaha, best post in the thread so far!

@all the fanbois, please stop. Zealots are annoying and come off as uneducated and sad. People have a right to complain if something is broken. This is more than broken.

@the entitled, please stop. People who didn't buy packs are not freeloaders, moochers or anything of the sort. They are just intelligent enough to wait and see if the game is worth paying for.

So far, not impressed. How they handle this will determine how many paying customers (if any) they have in the future.
    Absolute. Perfection.

Personally I didn't even shell out $20 for this game. Why? Because I like to test things before I decide if I feel it's worth my money. If that makes me a "freeloader" then so be it. Will I spend money on the game if I really enjoy it? Yes, definitely! Because good developers deserve my good, hard-earned money. Otherwise? No, I won't spend money on it. But if I don't like it then I definitely won't be playing it, either.

Far too many self-entitled twats in the gaming world these days.
  • shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ...However, Neverwinter Heroes of the North will jump to the front of the queue....

.....<scowls>.....
    shautrusig.jpg
  • raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kyzeru wrote: »
    You're kidding me right? Maybe some of us like to TRY a product before buying it... I mean, I'm not going to shell out thousands of dollars for a car if I don't get a chance to test drive it first.

Congrats, you paid 60 bucks, but maybe people don't want to pay for something they haven't tried yet, maybe people don't have the extra cash to throw on a game in beta...but hey, lets just act like a complete elitist f-wad.

Shelling out money for something doesn't make you better than anyone else. Get a reality check and get your head out of your ***.

As for people whining about queues... two words: OPEN BETA. If you were expecting a smooth run, you clearly don't know what a beta is about. There's ALWAYS going to be unforseen bugs, and issues... Not every game is programmed the same, nor is the netcode the same..each game has their own unique conflicts and issues...so stop saying: "They shouldn't be having this issue." If people don't want to provide a solution to the problem, then *****ing about it incessantly does nothing but annoy everyone else and the devs. Keep in mind too that Closed beta doesn't have the same number of players as an open beta.

Don't like these issues? Paid Money? Here's an idea..>WAIT< before shelling out you hard earned money... *Gasp* my common sense is tingling.

For a game that can be downloaded for free, this is in fact the soft launch for the game. Yes it's open beta and there will be bugs etc etc we know that. However I have supported the game before it got to this point by paying money to the company. That's more than what you've done or anyone else who hasn't paid for a founder pack. I don't think it is too much to expect that founders be allowed to jump to the front of the queue, all founders that is. Nothing changes for you, you will still get your chance to try the game before you play for free.
  • shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    This game has a gigantic starting population.. More so than numerous past MMO launches. Did you even see the # of people in most of the channels on your server? There's thousands and thousands trying to play right now.
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • wolfpaqdwolfpaqd Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    opalitic wrote: »
    Short queue you say? My number is 25014 and its not even moving...

I'm pretty sure that's a display bug.

When i first hopped in queue I was like ~6600. Then I jumped up to ~24000. Now I'm down to 5400.

It will just take time I'm sure you and I will be in by the time it's 5PM.

edit: I just jumped up to 24511 for no reason. Queue is either broken or display of queue is broken. I hope to god it's the latter.
This discussion has been closed.