Install Arc

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL went from 2k back to 7K+ ARRRRRRGH
  • trocan678trocan678 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited April 2013
    Also, for everyone complaining...this is, once again...and OPEN BETA... the purpose of which is to CAUSE problems like this in order to FIX them...if you've paid for the game, you should probably wait for release if you don't want to deal with problems, and then, by all means, complain once it officially releases because THAT is what you paid for. Use your heads.
  • grembler1grembler1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I expect a queue for open beta but 6K? PPP=PPR <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor planning = <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> POOR RESULTS. JUMPING BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN 5K AND 2K - All I wanted to do was switch between toons on the same server - 20 minute delay?? Regretting my pack prepurchase. Played a dozen or so beta - open and closed and this is the roughest just to get into. Have too keep an eye on it cuse the reason Im back in a queue is it auto logged the wrong toon! need to make sure it doesnt log last played. I had an hour after work to jump on before wife got home - guess no play today.
  • kelomenakelomena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    derressh wrote: »
    Jesus the F2P MMO community makes me sick sometimes. I bought a Guardian pack, and I have no issue waiting in line. Would I like to have priority over the F2Pers? Sure. Am I going to feel like I'm entitled to such a privilege? Hell no. I know what I payed for, and I got it.

This is where I'm at too. Would be it nice if Guardians got to queue ahead of totally free players? Absolutely. Do I think I'm entitled to it? Of course not.

That said, it is a little disheartening to go from Queue position 15 to 6585.
  • dariepdariep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    IT'S JUST THE FRIKKEN OPEN BETA, CHILL OUT SERIOUSLY. Stop being so annoying with your "oh i won't pay anymore money" or "i paid for this, i should get everything handed to me like i'm some high ruler of the universe" Be grateful they're even working to fix this stuff and stop being so ungrateful towards everything. Seriously.
  • raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is crazy.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    kelomena wrote: »
    This is where I'm at too. Would be it nice if Guardians got to queue ahead of totally free players? Absolutely. Do I think I'm entitled to it? Of course not.

That said, it is a little disheartening to go from Queue position 15 to 6585.

I'll repeat...as it's STO all over again.

It's their old misfunctioning EPIC FAIL Queue system.

Nice to experience the good old STO launch flashbacks again.

I Guess several years was not enough for Cryptic to fix this mess and make Neverwinter's launch go smoother.
  • faredy1faredy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So... If Hero's get "priority" over everyone else. That means that right now, only Heroe's are going to be able to play. The rest of us will be in the queue forever. If the servers are ALL full, and even Heroe's are in queue, and Heroe's are put at the front of the queue, than only Heroes are playing right now. Umm... that blows...
  • caffircaffir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Solution, they just need to make a maximum waiting time for people how got a founder title in game. Say 10 mins, and one would know by the 10 mins mark they are in. And they could still control the load on login server and give Hoth spenders "instant login"
  • romlachairomlachai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thisisi wrote: »
    Have none of you ever played on a launch day before? Have some patience and you will eventually be able to get into the game. Go find something else to do for a while and let things settle down. Just because I bought the HoTN pack does not mean I was able to log in right away, as some of you people are assuming. I couldn't even get the client to respond to even patch up. It was about 2-3 hours from the time I first attempted to launch the client until the time I could actually get in the game to even play.

Thanks for posting this.

FYI
    I bought Guardian, I'm not upset... its launch day, we should all be expecting this from any game. It's not some shady deal that PW came up to rob us of our hard earned money... Why would they do that? Risk losing tons of money and customers for a one day deal? C'mon people, use your heads, be patient. They will spin up more servers in a day or two.
  • mirceapuimirceapui Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was 6k queue and suddenly after few minutes im in game. Nice.
  • feyllfeyll Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    faredy1 wrote: »
    So... If Hero's get "priority" over everyone else. That means that right now, only Heroe's are going to be able to play. The rest of us will be in the queue forever. If the servers are ALL full, and even Heroe's are in queue, and Heroe's are put at the front of the queue, than only Heroes are playing right now. Umm... that blows...
    Yep... and that's what's got me irritated. A little queue isn't bad but being stuck in limbo perpetually? I'm not too crazy about that.
    Critics breed growth, apologists (fanboys) breed stagnation.
  • freakonature1freakonature1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I demand a refund, I payed and will not Que for a game. :mad: Show Guardians Respect or else.
  • raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    grembler1 wrote: »
    I expect a queue for open beta but 6K? PPP=PPR <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor planning = <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> POOR RESULTS. JUMPING BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN 5K AND 2K - All I wanted to do was switch between toons on the same server - 20 minute delay?? Regretting my pack prepurchase. Played a dozen or so beta - open and closed and this is the roughest just to get into. Have too keep an eye on it cuse the reason Im back in a queue is it auto logged the wrong toon! need to make sure it doesnt log last played. I had an hour after work to jump on before wife got home - guess no play today.

I'm not sure what other people are saying but people that actually put money into this game and did the major bug reporting before it was open beta should get top priority.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • drenchkatdrenchkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The game is great, I have been playing it non-stop since Guardian Pack buyers were able to. However, I do feel that those who spent $60 should get ahead of the free players even if its a couple hundreds spots ahead. I am patient and can wait, no issue for me, it gives me some time to get away from the game for a bit. However, maybe bracket the queue to first 500 are HoTN, next bracket Guardians, and last bracket the free playing community. I don't know how to work it out, but some sort of priority should go to those who spent money to support the developers and the game. At least until servers are built to hold the population. I foresee LOTS of unhappy people freaking out about this in the near future. Just sayin...
  • vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well fk this waiting in line BS off to play another MMO or xbox 360
  • riderpride81riderpride81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jeronan wrote: »
    I'll repeat...as it's STO all over again.

It's their old misfunctioning EPIC FAIL Queue system.

Nice to experience the good old STO launch flashbacks again.

I Guess several years was not enough for Cryptic to fix this mess and make Neverwinter's launch go smoother.

The thing is, it happens to nearly every game. Diablo 3 had it, and it was a horrible launch, even considering the amount of hype that was put into the game, knowing full well how many people were going to jump in at launch. SWTOR had it. GW2 had it. These companies, this wasn't their first rodeo either, but all of them had issues with lag and queues at launch. It happens. To everyone. And it will continue to happen to everyone so long as there's bandwidth throttling in existence with service providers.
  • mrlid25mrlid25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i cant even log on it discon me
  • gycorkygycorky Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Jump from 3500 to 7700. Thanks.
  • lucaspopiclucaspopic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    why patcher dont open ?
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wait... when were guardians ever offered VIP Queue access? People are seriously upset for not getting something that was offered in a package they didn't purchase?

Wow.... I am baffled at the entitlement present here
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aprilai wrote: »
    Of course us Guardians are shafted. We pay $60 more than moochers who are playing this game for free, and we get stuck in the same **** line as them.

Way to **** up PWE.

Yeah thats just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!

Its not like the base of both Guardians AND hotns would fill up the server alone..by FAR the most ppl are f2p leechers.

Get your stuff right and make

ALL PAYERS PRIO IN THE Q
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • trocan678trocan678 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited April 2013
    egoboosted wrote: »
    I'm sorry you're too stupid to understand that this is their release. There are no more player wipes therefore it's release. Them putting a different name on it is only a way of rationalizing the problems that they're going to have coming up.

Again...an autistic 4th grader could see this....why am I not amazed you can't.

By your "egoboosted" logic, then you knew there were going to be issues...perhaps you should have waited till they took the "different name" off so you could enjoy your money well spent. I don't pay for games in beta, and I certainly don't pay for beta access. When I buy games, I wait for final release before slamming the forums. I'm no stranger to this concept.
  • samuelhuksamuelhuk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    don't mind the queue HOWEVER I was on something like 2k+ then it went down 1k then just to 500 then it goes back up to 7230? LOL farrr from happy
  • vamps37vamps37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    So a lot of us have bought into this game and had no issues intill the mass's join up today now I'm sitting in a cue with 12523 others. That wouldn't be such a problem but when the cue works down to 212 than jumps to 16473 I have an issue. I'd like to see this issue address ASAP as its a good game but I'm not going to waste money on a game than sit in a cue for over an hour.

I just wish they did more control on the numbers they let in, or had a few more servers up.
  • riderpride81riderpride81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I demand a refund, I payed and will not Que for a game. :mad: Show Guardians Respect or else.

Next time, look at the items included with the packs before you purchase. Guardians were never promised, nor was it advertised that they would get a priority queue.
  • sertonissertonis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    check out the other forum in general discussion regarding this.
  • thegraloththegraloth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm a "Hero of the North" founder, yet I'm still waiting in queue, so far I'm no. 9326 and it's RISING, somehow I doubt the truth that we get in front of the line, as I've been in the queue for at least 15 minutes now
  • vaandrassvaandrass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When you bought the Guardian Pack, did you not read what was in it? At no point did they ever advertise that Guardians of the North would get priority access. They're not alienating anyone, you got exactly what you paid for.

I agree with you maybe they should have tacked on another 5 dollars and gave the Guardian Packs the same VIP treatment I don't see how another 140 dollars justifies the que times
  • feyllfeyll Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    drenchkat wrote: »
    The game is great, I have been playing it non-stop since Guardian Pack buyers were able to. However, I do feel that those who spent $60 should get ahead of the free players even if its a couple hundreds spots ahead. I am patient and can wait, no issue for me, it gives me some time to get away from the game for a bit. However, maybe bracket the queue to first 500 are HoTN, next bracket Guardians, and last bracket the free playing community. I don't know how to work it out, but some sort of priority should go to those who spent money to support the developers and the game. At least until servers are built to hold the population. I foresee LOTS of unhappy people freaking out about this in the near future. Just sayin...
    Can't agree more... Zeros of the north first, Guardians second, and... whatever we'll call the people who spent 20 bucks after that. THEN the froobs can fall in line. It'd be a real smooth gesture towards the people that supported you... especially after that deceptive 'maintinence' nonsense earlier.
    Critics breed growth, apologists (fanboys) breed stagnation.
This discussion has been closed.