test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Residuum for crafting - how to obtain it?

prattelprattel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Hello there,

the tool tip states that it can be obtained by completing "Skill Checks". What kind of skill checks, what do I have to do for that?

While we're at crafting: The last profession slot is obtained by "Complete a task and earn the Rank 3 result". What's a "Rank 3 result"?

Thanks a lot for any hints!
Post edited by prattel on

Comments

• zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    prattel wrote: »
    Hello there,

the tool tip states that it can be obtained by completing "Skill Checks". What kind of skill checks, what do I have to do for that?

While we're at crafting: The last profession slot is obtained by "Complete a task and earn the Rank 3 result". What's a "Rank 3 result"?

Thanks a lot for any hints!

Check out the Wikipage for professions, should answer your questions.
  • prattelprattel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for that link! It answered the quality question, but I still do not get what the "Skill Check" is. Does it mean something like opening Arcane boxes for example?
  • haugsporihaugspori Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Wiki page makes no reference to completing "skill checks." Apparently you buy them from the Zen store or you get them randomly from the resource nodes in game.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When you see a sparkling thing (i have no idea what they are called really) in the world or a dungeon, and it says you need either a skill or kit (arcana, nature, religion, etc) and you can use it, it has a chance of giving different stuff for crafting and runes. When you get higher level with more gold, the kits are dirt cheap, i usually carry a stack of each, and you can get a good deal of the crafting mats that way. Dungeoneering also sometimes opens up new areas to chests and stuff. Those are the skill checks.
  • aqchrisaqchris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Testing stuff
  • redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Skill checks are when you find a sparkly item in an area (either a public zone or an instance) where you use your class skills: Religion, thievery, dungeoneering, arcana, nature. you get your class-specific skill and you can buy kits for the other skills from a vendor for silver.

you will also get all qualities of items (including residium) from mob drops and chests
  • fundraesarfundraesar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Skill checks are when you find a sparkly item in an area (either a public zone or an instance) where you use your class skills: Religion, thievery, dungeoneering, arcana, nature. you get your class-specific skill and you can buy kits for the other skills from a vendor for silver.

you will also get all qualities of items (including residium) from mob drops and chests

these are not answers
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fundraesar wrote: »
    these are not answers

Well, you sure told them. 3 months after the fact. It like insulting someone after the left the room, hours ago. Bravo!
  • immeralisimmeralis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fundraesar wrote: »
    these are not answers

Explain how those are not answers exactly:

What are skill checks: Answered

Where can I get residiuum: Also answered.

Your post is really late and fundamentally flawed.