test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Guide] Companion info and a bit of a guide

Comments

• kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just curious, i am wanting to mail a companion to another character of mine. When i go to move it to the mail slot it pops up a message telling me it will cost x amount of AD to unbind and i click ok and nothing happens. Can we mail them if so how does it work.
  • demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    Hmm how does the Honey Badger compare to the Dire Wolf?
  • kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    demonical3 wrote: »

Havent tried it yet but i was watching a guy with one out today. He was looking off at a grate or something with no mobs close to him, the badger runs about 50 feet to agro a group of 5 mobs lol. Was funny, the thing didnt even fight he just ran over and agro'd then brought them back to his owner.
  • deepgolddeepgold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    What is the maximum numbers of active companion slots a character can have, do anyone know?
  • fu19bar69ukfu19bar69uk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This was very helpful.......thank you.
  • deepgolddeepgold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    Just curious, i am wanting to mail a companion to another character of mine. When i go to move it to the mail slot it pops up a message telling me it will cost x amount of AD to unbind and i click ok and nothing happens. Can we mail them if so how does it work.

Hi Kitty, from what I know, BW4, there is a problem with unbinding companions, they cannot be unbind. Currently, I do not know if the problem has been fixed or not. The latest 2 patches for had no mention of it at all, and between BW4 and current, no patch note was given to the forum.
  • hotfudgesundaehotfudgesundae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for this guide, civildude! Very informative
  • mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    demonical3 wrote: »

I am tempted to get one and try, really liked my Honey Badger in BW3 but im training the fire bird, wolf and cat and have run out of room and zen points. I like the HB better than the other 3 compared to how it was but i know this is not a fair comparison. I enjoyed the animations of the HB also. Im curious to hear from someone using it now.
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    which of the companions are ranged dps? the fire archon and the wizard i'm guessing?
  • helgirhelgir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I read that Cleric and Man at Arms can be obtained not only on the quest at level 16, but in the later 22-25 missions. Is this true?
  • slicerdiceroldslicerdicerold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    What is the point of having more then one active companion if you can only summon one at a time?

Will putting runes that give a percentage of their stats work if they are active? if so this would be worthwhile then.
  • arcanaxviiiarcanaxviii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, the updgrade kits for companions are still not available. That's too bad, because my cleric just hit lvl15 and now I can't get anymore xp on her :(
  • aandiin02aandiin02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What is the point of having more then one active companion if you can only summon one at a time?

Will putting runes that give a percentage of their stats work if they are active? if so this would be worthwhile then.

as the level up, they will be unavailable to fight...so better have more than one, or spend AD to speed training. I usually keep a striker for dungeons and a man-at-arms for solo play as a CW.
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013

as they get up in levels it takes longer to send them out to actually level up. 9-10 took 33 minutes. good time for a break? or keep going with a 2nd pet?
  • slicerdiceroldslicerdicerold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    as they get up in levels it takes longer to send them out to actually level up. 9-10 took 33 minutes. good time for a break? or keep going with a 2nd pet?

which you can rush with Astral Diamonds. Once they are level 30 that argument goes away permamently.

so again i ask. do you get buff from active, unsummoned pet with the runes that buffs you based on the pet's stats?
    edited April 2013
    which you can rush with Astral Diamonds. Once they are level 30 that argument goes away permamently.

so again i ask. do you get buff from active, unsummoned pet with the runes that buffs you based on the pet's stats?

i'm not burning my astral diamonds on such things. this games auction house works off diamonds and not gold. so much of this game is going to eat your diamonds just on general upkeep that i have no desire to waste them on something like that when i can just whip out a 2nd companion
  • frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok. I can not find this, or I'm just overly stupid ;)

Ioun stone of Allure - Blue Quality - Augment

I found the green one but not the blue one from beta. Anyone know where this one is? or did they remove it ?? It is not in the companion shop < for gold or zen> or on the Zen shop that I can find. Am I overlooking a tab ?

Thanks for the info and awesome guide !!!!
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jirodyne wrote: »
    But in all my time playing, never seen the time reach an hour. I think 30-45ish mins was the longest I ever seen. But then against, I only got him to lvl 15, and couldn't level him higher.

For what it's worth, training my firebird in the low 20s is over an hour each level. Ouch.
  • tttsssrrr1tttsssrrr1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Companions in PvE group content like a dungeon is just plain stupid.
  • nomad1506nomad1506 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited April 2013
    how do you unbind companions and trade/sell to other characters?
  • senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited April 2013
    The Acolyte of Kelemvore hireling is useless. I thought she would do some healing (silly me... she IS a cleric)... but NONE.... nothing... not even outside combat.

WORTHLESS! DO NOT WASTE YOUR ZEN!
  • civildudecivildude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited April 2013
    senseijohn wrote: »
    The Acolyte of Kelemvore hireling is useless. I thought she would do some healing (silly me... she IS a cleric)... but NONE.... nothing... not even outside combat.

WORTHLESS! DO NOT WASTE YOUR ZEN!

She provides a life steal buff and a 10% damage resist buff. I have to agree that she is not nearly as good as a cleric companion, but I've seen people say they like her so I removed my DO NOT BUY tag from her on my main post.
    inDAm9VkKqVQA.png
    edited April 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    i'm not burning my astral diamonds on such things. this games auction house works off diamonds and not gold. so much of this game is going to eat your diamonds just on general upkeep that i have no desire to waste them on something like that when i can just whip out a 2nd companion

either way it does not change the fact that once they are level 30 there is little to no value for the active slots.
  • arcanaxviiiarcanaxviii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    civildude wrote: »
    She provides a life steal buff and a 10% damage resist buff. I have to agree that she is not nearly as good as a cleric companion, but I've seen people say they like her so I removed my DO NOT BUY tag from her on my main post.

Might work later on with full lifesteal gear though. The buff says that her buff depends on her level and your current lifesteal if I'm not mistaken.

Still, for leveling she sucks. :( Too bad I love her look. Plus, still can't level my cleric past lvl15 because the training manual for companions are still not available.
  • uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Does anyone know the name of the quest that gives the Cleric companion in Neverdeath Graveyard? I've completed everything there and never got her.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
    edited April 2013
    either way it does not change the fact that once they are level 30 there is little to no value for the active slots.

those arent levels, they are ranks.

and you are going to want to have different companions for different situations. most clerics will want the cat when in a group and something else when solo.
  • dimwitdwarfdimwitdwarf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Very useful.

Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dimly Witty Productions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • voidroninvoidronin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Here are the full list of abilities for the Iuon stone of might and the rock defender:

Galeb Duhr
    Defender (Max Rank 30) [Zen Store; 3000z]
    This dwarven rock elemental escaped his titan captors and the Elemental Chaos. He now seeks adventure by your side. Dhulm's earthy exterior deflects even the hardest of physical blows.

Base Stats @ Rank 30
    Health: 20,043
    Defense: 232
    Regeneration: 232

Slots @ Rank 30
    Defense x3
    Waist x2
    Ring x1

Skills @ Rank 30
    Hurl Stones: Deals damage and a hard taunt to primary target.
    50' Range, 8' Blast
    2 Minute Cooldown
    53-161 Physical Damage

Slam: Lifting his arm high in the air, the Galeb Duhr slams his target with all of his might.
    Melee Range
    3 Second Cooldown
    340-375 Physical Damage

Stone Warden: Unlocks at Rank 30.
    Passive (Companion only)
    Deal up to 50% more damage based on how much HP is missing. Every 10 seconds heal for 8% of missing health.

Ioun Stone of Might
    Augment (Max Rank 20) [Tarmalune Trade Bar Merchant; 1000 bars]
    This red sphere grants a variety of bonuses to its user.

Base Stats @ Rank 20
    Health: 8,925
    Power: 99
    Armor Penetration: 99
    Recovery: 99
    Deflect: 99

Slots @ Rank 20
    Offense x3
    Waist x1
    Ring x1

Skills @ Rank 20
    Augmentation: Ioun stones grant bonuses to the wearer while they are summoned.

Note: All Runes, equipment, Enchanted equipment with the following stats will transfer 100% of these stats to the wearer when summoned, this is in addition to the stones base stats; Power, Critical Strike, Armor Penetration, Recovery, Defense, Deflect, Regeneration, & Life Steal.

EXP and other special runes do not transfer to the owner.
  • karremaniakarremania Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Might work later on with full lifesteal gear though. The buff says that her buff depends on her level and your current lifesteal if I'm not mistaken.

Still, for leveling she sucks. :( Too bad I love her look. Plus, still can't level my cleric past lvl15 because the training manual for companions are still not available.
    Unless people are really dedicated to waste other stats to get lifesteal, i managed to get my lifesteal to 4.6%, with or without that companion, it hardly helps. Unless you are a very fast/hard hitter, that company is useless to anyone else.

Also, the 10% is very odd, while a mob hitting me (21% defense) at 120, she buffs me and damage goes down to 118. So unless that skill isnt really working or it got weird mechanics, even that 10% reduction is pretty useless.

I would say, put the 'DO NOT BUY' back.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    uberguber wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the quest that gives the Cleric companion in Neverdeath Graveyard? I've completed everything there and never got her.

This was removed for the open beta, as far as I know. The cleric is currently limited to 15 ranks.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!