test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starter packs and Astral Diamonds.

ritsum37ritsum37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I must be bad at searching as I cannot seem to find out if I am totally screwed or not.
Started playing on a server which me and my friends decided on but a few hours after I started they told me the guild we where going in with is playing on a different server.

At this point I had got my items and Astral Diamonds from my packs and I am enjoying the game... I think to myself since it is still early changing servers wont be so bad... I get back up to level 5 and go to get my items on this new server and I am still enjoying the game THEN I notice that I did not get the Astral Diamonds on this server... So I re check everything and they are not on this new char on this new server.

My question really is this. Are the Astral diamonds obtained from the starter packs really just a one time thing for your account or is it obtainable once per server and I just encountered a bug?

Seems kind of weird for it being one time per account since each server has their own market... Would make much more sense to have it once per server... Guess I am just grumpy... I will go sulk in the corner while I wait for a response to confirm my speculation.
Post edited by ritsum37 on

Comments

• zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The diamonds are per account, not per shard (server). Besides they will merge the shards soon after launch. Then again if thats a week, month or year I have no clue..just "soon".

This is why it would not work if it was per shard. Then I would roll one character per shard and get 6 million AD instead of 2 million AD when they merge the shards.
  • duck2013duck2013 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yes it's once per account... so your AD is stuck on the other server until they merge them all into one.... and there's nothing you can do with that until then...
    --- I loved clerics in this game --- <--- My youtube video. [R.I.P good cleric now they nerfed our self healing by 50%]
    Look forward to my long campaigns and short stories in the foundry upon release.

Join our awesome stream community for neverwinter on twitch
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just be aware of a few things;
    • You need to claim AD from a shared pool for each of your characters.
    • Once you have the AD, the only way to transfer it is to put it up as a Zen<->AD listing and then cancel it. It will be returned to the shared pool.
    • If you delete a character with claimed AD, the AD will be lost. Learnt this the hard way, support are taking their time to address it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't feel bad OP, I'm in the exact same situation. On the bright side I unlocked some boxes on my main's server and I have about 200k AD to tide me over until the 2.6m on my screwup server gets merged in.
  • ritsum37ritsum37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cheers for the reply's, guess it is not as bad as I thought even though I wont be able to use them for a while I guess I at least still have them.