test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trickster rogue - nefr him pls for balance the game

identifiedgodidentifiedgod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
Pls nerf trickster rogue
1. He has the best direct dmg
2. He has the best aoe dmg
3. He has instant (cast) of his skills
4. He has a disarm of enemy foe skills ( it is similar CC)
5. He has invisiblity
6. It is boring play with rogue because he kill everything before i cast any aoe spell :)

If me compare with control wizard ha have a lower AOE dmg with long time to cast
Post edited by identifiedgod on

Comments

• steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Because... she works as intended? The Rogue is supposed to be the highest damage class at the moment, as she's the only pure Striker currently available.

Some people need to read up PnP rules.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • identifiedgodidentifiedgod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    You are funny. Yea indeed with direct dmg, but not in aoe dmg.

In dungeon ...another class overall dmg around 700 000, rogue 2 000 000 ? Rogue is OP.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You are funny. Yea indeed with direct dmg, but not in aoe dmg.

In dungeon ...another class overall dmg around 700 000, rogue 2 000 000 ? Rogue is OP.

If she uses her daily (Bloodbath) she will indeed deal more AoE damage than you, but only during that specific encounter. It has a cooldown, you know, and it takes time to get that Action point again.

Anyway, she may feel like OPish in PvP, but even so, the Rogue is meant to beat the Wizard just because she can cleanse from CC, while suffering against Defenders (last BW I recall the GWF being able to duel a Rogue).
    Characters:

• acylionacylion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited April 2013
    If me compare with control wizard ha have a lower AOE dmg with long time to cast

I understand what you're saying, and I sympathise. But, uh, it's called a Control Wizard. Not a DPS Wizard.

The Trickster Rogue should do more damage, way more damage, than any other class we currently have.

What you should be focusing on is not the simple fact that the Trickster Rogue is out-damaging other classes, because it should.

What you can argue is that the Rogue's outdamaging other classes by too large a margin, though, and that the crowd control effects, the stealth aggro drop, etc, are all too much. You may have a point there.
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Umm... Thew TR is only good at one thing, and needs to stay this way or there would be no point in playing one.

That's like saying "The cleric heals for too much, nerf the class now because I can't kill it".
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Not sheriff troll or srs..
  • hellfinger69hellfinger69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi,

I'm french, so i can try to speak english :p

So, i play a Guardian Fighter. (lvl 32, full dps build, max Critical Strike
    and Power)
    The classe is very fun but dps not fun ^^
    Unfortunately this is the truth.
    We are useless! Please do a small adjustment.
    Last dps behind the Cleric, Mage, Tank, all the classes. (I don't speak of Rogue, it's not necessary ^^ )
  • crshdcrshd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    Lol wow, haven't even played yet but these threads bring so many flashbacks from other mmo's (mostly wow). Rogue dps blowing everyone out of the water, rogues saying it has to be that way because that's all they are good for (if i had 1€ for every time someone said that :P). GWF (aka 2h warrior) to strong in end game with uber weapons, nerfed. Healer self healing to strong, nerf. CC too strong.

If i trusted all these threads, id get the impression NWO is years behind today's mmo's balancing wise. I hope i'm right in not buying all this whine.
  • kimbyrkimbyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is a never ending story in every MMO game, players saying nerf this class, then it gets nerfed and now another class rules and the show starts all over.

This is D&D not a balancing class game, so why always this discussion in every mmo. If you are not satisfied then play the class that does most damage.

In the end the nerfing requests never stops. Sure get this one nerfed, but then another class will be the one to rule, I have never seen a mmo game that could balance all classes to be on same level in PvP. There is always a class that rules no matter what the developers do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Dark Wizard Campaign
    Search for @kimbyr
  • identifiedgodidentifiedgod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Ok guys, i know you are playing Trickster Rogue, but fact is .....rogue is OP. All mages spell are not control and in the fact these spell have lower DPS than base atack from rogue. Ok i understand rogue can do the highest direct dmg ok. But not AOE !.

Or you say me it is normal if rogue have a triple overall dmg in dungeon ??? It is joke !
    edited April 2013
    Hi,

I'm french, so i can try to speak english :p

So, i play a Guardian Fighter. (lvl 32, full dps build, max Critical Strike
    and Power)
    The classe is very fun but dps not fun ^^
    Unfortunately this is the truth.
    We are useless! Please do a small adjustment.
    Last dps behind the Cleric, Mage, Tank, all the classes. (I don't speak of Rogue, it's not necessary ^^ )

It is fact. Another class are little useless with compare with rogue.
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You know, these Nerf threads crack me up...

Cause in the end, calling for nerfs on other classes does nothing but hurt your dam* guild in the end...

Trickster Rogue is SUPPOSED to be DPS...

g*d dam* clowns always trying to screw the game up because they don't know what the hel* they are talking about..
    edited April 2013
    Umm... Thew TR is only good at one thing, and needs to stay this way or there would be no point in playing one.

That's like saying "The cleric heals for too much, nerf the class now because I can't kill it".

Cleric is not OP. In all dungeons you dont need him ni party. Also in PVP rogue kill him v. easy with his OP dps.
    edited April 2013
    Ok then lets go all be rogues ;))). At this time is rogue population v. high because he is OP.
    edited April 2013
    You even bringing up PvP is a joke and makes this thread forced to be tossed into the Abyss....

There are 5 classes now.... FIVE.. thats it... FIVE... the game is not even finished and all the classes have not even been released...

TR is the only pure DPS class out there right now... get used to it.
    edited April 2013
    Yea, game is beta and i hope they will nerf OP trickster ;).
    edited April 2013
    Ok guys, i know you are playing Trickster Rogue, but fact is .....rogue is OP. All mages spell are not control and in the fact these spell have lower DPS than base atack from rogue. Ok i understand rogue can do the highest direct dmg ok. But not AOE !.

Or you say me it is normal if rogue have a triple overall dmg in dungeon ??? It is joke !

I play ONLY a CW. I don't even have alts, lol.
    Characters:

• jogoskanindragonjogoskanindragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Friends, you need to put in mind the Great Weapon Fighter is a DEFENDER like Guardian Fighter. In D&D 4h ED Fighters are all defenders.

The diference from guardian to great weapon is the fact that the second trade some defense for attack but he still are a defender class.

*sorry if my english is not good, im brazilian.
  • jogoskanindragonjogoskanindragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    If youre always losing to a Rogue on pvp try use some team work next time. Control wizards and clerics are there for this job. They CONTROL the batlefield and LEAD you to victory with assistance / buffs...... if you look at this, you will ca understande why the rogue is designed to KILL.
  • kimbyrkimbyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is a D&D game, not a PvP balancing game, play the class you think Works for PvP, I see no point in nerfing the TR, it works well in the D&D setting outside of PvP, to try to balancing a D&D game is pretty silly, just because some of the players want to own in PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Dark Wizard Campaign
    Search for @kimbyr
    edited April 2013
    If youre always losing to a Rogue on pvp try use some team work next time. Control wizards and clerics are there for this job. They CONTROL the batlefield and LEAD you to victory with assistance / buffs...... if you look at this, you will ca understande why the rogue is designed to KILL.

well said.

If he thinks TR needs nerfed he hasn't tried playing one past level 40...

/shudder.... get one rounded...alot.
  • dusknoiredusknoire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kimbyr wrote: »
    This is a D&D game, not a PvP balancing game, play the class you think Works for PvP, I see no point in nerfing the TR, it works well in the D&D setting outside of PvP, to try to balancing a D&D game is pretty silly, just because some of the players want to own in PvP.

It becomes a problem when classes are turned down because bringing a trickster rogue is a better option. They should do more damage yes, but it doesn't need to be such a huge gap as it currently is.

If this is how Cryptic intends for it to be, then in a month or so, everyone will be playing a trickster rogue because of how good they are compared to the other classes.
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dont get why people like to argue with the special kind of people that scream OP about everything. I'm guessing he just want attention and try everything he can to provoke people to respond to him. To bad he could not be more original then "rogue op, nerf!"
    edited April 2013
    Have you tested to level 60 in compare with all other classes? And 2. do you only play this D&D game for PvP purpose?

D&D is about Group adventure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Dark Wizard Campaign
    Search for @kimbyr
  • kgl7kgl7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Each Class has his or her role as it is. That's system Cryptic is going with.

Why are people not able to read? It confuses me..
    edited April 2013
    It is not about reading I think hehe, it is about screaming Nerf and don't think it will ever stop, players always try to change the game with this kind of post instead of enjoying the game or take the class they find OP.

As I said it is a D&D game and every class has its role in the adventure Group, so I think I will stop here. This kind of post will never stop even after they nerf Trickster Rouge, then it is another class that suddenly is over power.

But hey it is D&D … wake up it is not a PvP balancing game. Enjoy this nerf post, I will leave it now ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Dark Wizard Campaign
    Search for @kimbyr
  • ifandbutifandbut Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It is threads like this that make me feel guilty for enjoying my Rogue. The class just fits how I want to play that I cant bring myself to play something more "useful" like Cleric or Guardian.

So, if it will make you and me feel better, you can nerf my damage. I dont play Rogue for that anyways. Just dont take away my teleport and stab moves. It feels like I am playing Dishonored sometimes, being able to teleport behind mobs and kill them in one hit. It just feels so good.
  • ascher11tascher11t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited April 2013
    Ok then lets go all be rogues ;))). At this time is rogue population v. high because he is OP.

When TR gets nerfed you'll be continuing to whine with your "nerf class x, it's op". It's a never ending "game".
  • hellfinger69hellfinger69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    You know, these Nerf threads crack me up...

Cause in the end, calling for nerfs on other classes does nothing but hurt your dam* guild in the end...

Trickster Rogue is SUPPOSED to be DPS...

g*d dam* clowns always trying to screw the game up because they don't know what the hel* they are talking about..

It is too easy to say that, 99 % of the players go to the same sense, that is: adjustment of the dps of the great weapon fighter! We do not ask for an up so that it surpass other classes but a small adjustment for equilibrer this class!
    (sorry for my english, im french^^)
  • crshdcrshd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    kimbyr wrote: »
    It is not about reading I think hehe, it is about screaming Nerf and don't think it will ever stop, players always try to change the game with this kind of post instead of enjoying the game or take the class they find OP.

As I said it is a D&D game and every class has its role in the adventure Group, so I think I will stop here. This kind of post will never stop even after they nerf Trickster Rouge, then it is another class that suddenly is over power.

But hey it is D&D … wake up it is not a PvP balancing game. Enjoy this nerf post, I will leave it now ;)

I'm not saying anything is op, up, needs tweaks as it's probably too soon. But, your line of thinking is "not that smart". This is a mmo, a "wow clone" if you will. There is nothing revolutionary here, no fundamental differences that change how things will pan out.

Meaning, if one class destroys dps it will get overplayed. It will also get stacked, at the expense of another class. Unless you give each class something unique that forces you to take it to a dungeon (a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game design). Dps stacking is always the preferred method because it requires minimal coordination.

As for your pvp comment, well hard to even respond to it. Because this is "not a pvp balancing game", it should stay unbalanced ? Why have pvp at all then if we are all gonna play the same class.

Like i said, it's way to early for a state of the game type discussions but mmo's today have a fairly predictable pattern and this one will not be the exception.
This discussion has been closed.