test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How many nightmare lockboxes do we need to sell in order to get a key for it ?

forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
There is something I wonder.

As far as I understand. "nightmare lockbox keys" are only sold in coin shops.

And we are able to sell "nightmare lockboxes" on AH.

For current econony(prices will be change in the future but I'm just asking for now):
How many nightmare lockboxes do we need to sell in order to get a key for it ?

Please provide simple answer such as:
"Selling 1 Nightmare Lockbox on AH will provide enough Astral Diamonds to buy 5 Nightmare Lockbox Keys"
Post edited by forumcan on

Comments

• astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    At current prices and the best case scenario (without scamming) you need to sell ~450 boxes to buy one key.

Lockboxes can be bought from the bazar for 200 AD, you can maybe sell them for 195 on the AH, then the AH takes a cut, so you'll get like 165 AD per box. Keys cost 125 zen, AD is currently ~500 for 1 Zen, a key is worth 62,500, on the AH marked for small profit after the AH cut they sell for around 75,000 AD each. 75,000/165=454
  • forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Ohhh... Thank you.
    I was thinking that these boxes are so rare to drop and cost really good amount of astral diamonds on AH.

Well.. it seems that I'll not need that nightmare mount and phoenix type pet :)
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    forumcan wrote: »
    Ohhh... Thank you.
    I was thinking that these boxes are so rare to drop and cost really good amount of astral diamonds on AH.

Well.. it seems that I'll not need that nightmare mount and phoenix type pet :)

There's quite a few of the phoenix pet on the AH last I checked. I think the price was ~800k AD but I could be mistaken. I just remember thinking "that's a reasonable price considering the price of the Cat and other companions at the vendor."
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    If you want to buy keys with AD there are better ways, it's not too hard. With a few characters and ~6 hours of play you could buy a key every day, doing dailies, skirmishes, dungeons, invocations, and leadership tasks. I made like 200k AD yesterday.
  • voidroninvoidronin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Currently most people don't know that the lock boxes are sold for 200 AD on the AD vender with no buying cap and are selling them on the AH for more. This will not last long so expect the AH price to drop to below 200 AD unless the boxes are removed from the AD vender.

Current AD trade for Zen is between 450-500AD per 1 Zen (also likely to change). 1 key costs 125 ZEN or 56250 to 62500 AD. Once the populace realize that the sell-able value of the lock box on the AH is less than 200AD (less than the vendor) you would need to sell 280+ boxes.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, if it's anything like STO, boxes drop like candy, people are reluctant to buy keys with money, so keys were MUCH higher than boxes. Boxes also gained value when they go away for another type, but who knows when that will happen. If you really want on specific thing in the box, you are best saving up the AD and getting it on the AH, even though it will be pricey, it will be much cheaper than waiting for one of the boxes to give it. (For the record, i've opened a TON of boxes, only gotten the companion so far, no mount, sigh)
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey there.

If you just want the pets, buy them in the AH. It's safer and the best investment (since buying keys to get them doesn't assure you're going to have what you want).

I spent 500k AD in a Phoera. I don't regret it, specially after realizing that I was able to farm 10 k AD in like two hours by just refining and doing a couple of dailies.

The pet is awesome and I'm incluiding it as a familiar for my CW's background.

My personal advice: save as many lockboxes as you can. This will let you either - resell them for when they dissapear (this happens often in PW games, they change box types from time to time in order to give you a reason to unlock more after getting goodies) or just stack up for when you feel like spending a good chunk of Zen. The items you get seem to scale with your level so it seems more worthwhile to open them at the endgame.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
    edited April 2013
    voidronin wrote: »
    Currently most people don't know that the lock boxes are sold for 200 AD on the AD vender with no buying cap and are selling them on the AH for more. This will not last long so expect the AH price to drop to below 200 AD unless the boxes are removed from the AD vender.

Last I checked there were many lockboxes on the AH for under or very close to 200. There are still a lot of auctions up for much more than that started in the last few days by people who didn't know, but nobody is going to buy them (intentionally).