test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry NPC Customization

raaja3raaja3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Foundry
So I was toying around in the Foundry tonight and could not, for the life of me, find out how to change an NPC's beard and the color of said beard. Maybe I'm totally blind but I looked around for a long time and there was nothing. So changing the hair color while the beard stays the same is really awkward looking. If there is an option to change it, please let me know where. If not, I hope this is the right place to say: you forgot to add that in! :)
Post edited by raaja3 on

Comments

• Options
    eljacko56eljacko56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I made a thread about this earlier. I too am rather miffed by this. I hope it makes it into release.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You have to change the base itself for colors of facial hairs etc.

the foundry was pretty much work in progress and in need of an open beta before launch with many new features implemented and old features not working as intended. They had to release it with soft launch however. So do not expect it to be perfect. It is a cesspool of good ingredients but not good food yet. But that does not means it cannot be shaped into a delicious course of meal with some time and effort.
  • Options
    raaja3raaja3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean about the base color. I saw only one option to change anything related to hair color and it only affected the hair. So if there's another way to reach base color, I'd love to know.

As for the Foundry not being entirely finished, I understand. I searched for threads on this topic and couldn't find one (granted I didn't scrub the forums, only made a few specific searches) and came up with nothing so I thought I'd post about it to make them aware, or at least find out if I was entirely missing something. There is no such thing as a perfect game at launch, so by no means did I expect the Foundry or the game to be perfect. If I see something missing, then of course I'll try to report it. :)

I am super excited about the Foundry! And with everything it's capabale of doing now, I can't wait to get in there and make some cool stuff. A little thing like beard color won't stop me from making super cool adventures. Other missing features or bugs that I have yet to encounter might, but so far... the Foundry is by far the coolest "let us wow you with our new features" thing to happen to MMOs. I love it!
  • Options
    eljacko56eljacko56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    raaja3 wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean about the base color. I saw only one option to change anything related to hair color and it only affected the hair. So if there's another way to reach base color, I'd love to know.

When he says base, I believe he's talking about the costume you use as the basis for your custom costume. You'll notice that many of the costume templates have different types and colors of facial hair. I guess the idea is that we'll currently have to make do with finding the ones that have the facial hair we want and then reworking the rest.
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    eljacko56 wrote: »
    When he says base, I believe he's talking about the costume you use as the basis for your custom costume. You'll notice that many of the costume templates have different types and colors of facial hair. I guess the idea is that we'll currently have to make do with finding the ones that have the facial hair we want and then reworking the rest.

Yup, you are correct. You need to pick a costume that already has the beard style you want and tweak it from there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Oooh, gotcha! Thanks. :)