test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Guide] Deities of New Neverwinter - Detailed

Comments

• Options
    whippetmanewhippetmane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have read the avatar trilogy about 6 times ,got to the drizzt book sojourn and ongoing,i will get round to neverwinter one day,forgive me if i have missed her name,but i do not see the godess of magic,midnight on the list?Has something happened to her?
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have read the avatar trilogy about 6 times ,got to the drizzt book sojourn and ongoing,i will get round to neverwinter one day,forgive me if i have missed her name,but i do not see the godess of magic,midnight on the list?Has something happened to her?

She died ... again. This time she caused spellplague.

She will be ressurected in 5th edition though.

Also, it is now believed she was not goddess of magic but goddess of the weave. Cleric Lurue explains this change in my quest.
  • Options
    elderarcanistelderarcanist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In the last Elminster book a lot becomes clear - just read it.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Even if Mystra is resurrected in D&D Next, it won't be implemented in this game for a very long time. Hence for all discussions pertaining to the game, Mystra is a pile of Ash somewhere.

However that does not means she is not in game. Simbul, the chosen of Mystra has her own theme. Those who follow the paragon path of Simbul learn from her to use Silver fire like Simbul uses.

I think they were called Simbarchs of Aglarond. The Simbarchs of Aglarond use silver fire unlike other mages who use arcane source (non-Mystra source of magic). Thus it is possible to 'follow' Mystra by choosing to be a Simbarch (and thus a pupil of Simbul) even when she is not in the game.

Question is when this path will be implemented.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    PRIMORDIALS

Elemental Lords in Toril
    \\

Update:-

I haven't forgotten about primordials. I am just checking to make sure that the listed primordials are the only one that are worshipped in Toril in large number and I a not missing any.

They will be updated with details soon.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    \\

Update:-

I haven't forgotten about primordials. I am just checking to make sure that the listed primordials are the only one that are worshipped in Toril in large number and I a not missing any.

They will be updated with details soon.
    Those 5 and the extra less known 2 look right. Although, I have the feeling someone, possibly a "feminine" primordial is being forgotten but I cannot place it...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The residences of Gond and Milil in the first post are wrong and swapped. I am afraid to edit the post as it is very near the word limit already so I can't edit it!

@Zeb: Thanks, yes I am also done reviewing all the primordials in Faerun. More or less they are the only ones being worshiped and present in the Realms.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yes I know the Dark Elves are only those that worshipped her which is why I specified the event of her Sacrifice, but the Black Hair and Brown Skin options that the Hero Of the North gives with that background ARE of the Dark Elves. The Racial of Faerie Fire is also a racial you will only find in those Redeemed Granted some Redeemed Drow who didn't become Dark Elves (such as Drizzt) have the faerie fire to but that is besides the point when you have it paired with those skin/hair options.

For archive //10 chars//
  • Options
    huntresslilithhuntresslilith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited April 2013
    She died ... again. This time she caused spellplague.

She will be ressurected in 5th edition though.

Also, it is now believed she was not goddess of magic but goddess of the weave. Cleric Lurue explains this change in my quest.

Actually Mystra is already revived she wasn't at the Beginning of 4E but she has been now during it's course of events and the Revived Mystra takes part in a battle during part of the (I believe 4E) D&D Encounters module "War of Everlasting Darkness." Which has already been long released. The In-game Date she was officially revived as Goddess of Magic was just shortly before the start of 1480 DR (Dale Reckoning) so about after 1 year of in game time events after the official start of the 4E Forgotten Realms Campaign setting.
  • Options
    franjean82franjean82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'll admit I haven't kept up with the Realms after the changes that were made with the 4E shift. I was looking at your updated list of gods, Gill, and noticed that Dumathoin, the Keeper of Secrets under the Mountain, is missing. Did he perish or is he now considered an aspect of Grumbar or something the same way Sehanine and Selune are one and the same?
    Rogue.jpg

Player of Wilcomb Goodale
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Question:-
    What happened to the fury of strom - Talos?

Taos used to lead the Furies - Umberlee, Auril and Malar.

However, soon after spellplague, every deity needed all their strength to maintain their worlds in Astral Sea. It was revealed that *gasp* Talos was not really a fury but an aspect of Gruumsh!!! DUN DUN DUN!

So the Furies decided to leave Gruumsh and decided to come with Silvanus and live in his Realms in the Astral Sea.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    franjean82 wrote: »
    I'll admit I haven't kept up with the Realms after the changes that were made with the 4E shift. I was looking at your updated list of gods, Gill, and noticed that Dumathoin, the Keeper of Secrets under the Mountain, is missing. Did he perish or is he now considered an aspect of Grumbar or something the same way Sehanine and Selune are one and the same?
    Sorry, I saw it just now.

Dumathoin is missing. There has been no update about him. His fate is simply unknown.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Notice: This will become unstickied in the near future. I encourage you to port this into the Official Wiki, as we are requesting of all user guides, as we'll no longer be sticking them due to having the Wiki at our disposal.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I don't think it is possible to import this to wiki. It is about lore and the in-game choices do not reflect this. I would just add it to a separate site which can be useful to foundry creators.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I don't think it is possible to import this to wiki. It is about lore and the in-game choices do not reflect this. I would just add it to a separate site which can be useful to foundry creators.
    I don't see why not, I imported my Grimoire quite successfully. Had to do a lot of formatting but it works. I even added my character biography to my user page, created preliminary pages for my Dweomerkeepers Campaign and a future Mission.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I would be porting these threads here:-
    http://goo.gl/dDHZf
    in a gradual phase
  • Options
    jezathforumjezathforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Copied out a table for you for deitys post spellplague.. planning to put on the UN-official wikia

DietyListA.png

enjin-393296-13641734601093802493-gray.png
    "There are two things that drive technology forward in a huge leap in this world, one is war and one is business..."-- Timothy Wade 2012
    "If you wish to join a guild, that will be running a guild foundry RP campaign then come take a look at [BLOOD]"
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Copied out a table for you for deitys post spellplague.. planning to put on the UN-official wikia

A simple list is osmething Zeb has already maintained for long and ported:-

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Grimoire_of_Time
  • Options
    jezathforumjezathforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oh ok dident realise just trying to be helpful ;)

After looking at that though i think the table is better and easier to get the information u want..

enjin-393296-13641734601093802493-gray.png
    "There are two things that drive technology forward in a huge leap in this world, one is war and one is business..."-- Timothy Wade 2012
    "If you wish to join a guild, that will be running a guild foundry RP campaign then come take a look at [BLOOD]"
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    oh ok dident realise just trying to be helpful ;)

After looking at that though i think the table is better and easier to get the information u want..
    I'd be happy to make a similar text-table. Be aware, if you post that image anywhere else but on an official WotC site, you'll be infringing on copyright laws.

Gillrmn, if you'd like, I'd be happy to work on porting in your thread here into its own Wiki page. Let me know. It would be nice to have things all in one official place.

I am not sure why so many want to have their own wikis and add together not adding this thread into the official wiki, baffles my mind on why so many people would want a consolidated place for Neverwinter Lore and then when the official wiki does come... they all clammer make their own wikis and sites instead of all working together on the official wiki. Just baffles my mind.
  • Options
    foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wheres Elistraee in this mess?
  • Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wheres Elistraee in this mess?
    Sadly our beloved goddess was killed off by WOTC even before the spellplague happened. I suspect she will return how ever.
    (The Sundering hint hint)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Pffft... Lloth getting knocked off would have been waaaaaaaaaay more interesting, in terms of watching the fall out and the crumbling of the drow matriarchy and stuff.

I propose a Cult of Elistraee! Who cares that shes supposedly dead! Worship her anyway! It works for Cthulhu... :3
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    I am not sure why so many want to have their own wikis and add together not adding this thread into the official wiki, baffles my mind on why so many people would want a consolidated place for Neverwinter Lore and then when the official wiki does come... they all clammer make their own wikis and sites instead of all working together on the official wiki. Just baffles my mind.

It is fine if you do not understand it, but no I am not happy. Basically I will always have a problem where access to so called free wiki is restricted and just given to someone without taking opinions of other contributers. If it is not a democracy but dictatorship, Selune does not allow me to be 'happy' in such a place. If you want to involve community, make it completely open and involve the community. Otherwise don't just take their work and make them slave for you.

Thank you.

~~~~

Secondly, the objectives of that wiki and all my work in this thread and lore do not match at all. So there is no point porting it anyways.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In short what I am saying is, if you are involving the community, involve it properly or don't involve it at all. Just don't be a phony and try to fake it.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It is fine if you do not understand it, but no I am not happy. Basically I will always have a problem where access to so called free wiki is restricted and just given to someone without taking opinions of other contributers. If it is not a democracy but dictatorship, Selune does not allow me to be 'happy' in such a place. If you want to involve community, make it completely open and involve the community. Otherwise don't just take their work and make them slave for you.

Thank you.

~~~~

Secondly, the objectives of that wiki and all my work in this thread and lore do not match at all. So there is no point porting it anyways.
    In short what I am saying is, if you are involving the community, involve it properly or don't involve it at all. Just don't be a phony and try to fake it.
    . . . . . I am terribly sorry you feel that way. I have no worries that the Wiki will continue to grow and expand to include player contributed lore links on the Landing page. Not many wiki's landing pages are edit-able anyway, this is by design for best layout. However, all pages contributed regardless of what they are, are search-able.

. . . . . I know I've been one nagging for more category choices for placing contributed lore and having it be indexed properly. I have no worries that in time, as with anything new having the possibility for it, the wiki will continue to grow and evolve better. One just needs to provide constructive feedback on the areas lacking and allow time further feedback and for change.
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so maybe this is the wrong place for this, but I can't create threads yet, and I am a complete and utter newb in regards to D&D.

As a Non-Cleric, how would one portray a Follower of Kelemvor? Does Kelemvor even have fighter followers, or are they all Clerics, Gravediggers, and so on and so forth?

having a lot of trouble deciding between Torm and Kelemvor for my RP Character's Deity.
  • Options
    tyrant1944tyrant1944 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok so, I can choose Netheril as my origin, and yet I fight against my countrymen in the Ebon Downs.

That practically destroys the "If you choose an evil deity and yet fight for good/Neverwinter" argument, so...

When in the Nine Hells can I expect to be able to worship Bane? :)
    Tyranus@MrHaw - 60 GWF - Dragon
    whatcolor_iswhite.jpg
  • Options
    blitterpongblitterpong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tyrant1944 wrote: »
    Ok so, I can choose Netheril as my origin, and yet I fight against my countrymen in the Ebon Downs.

That practically destroys the "If you choose an evil deity and yet fight for good/Neverwinter" argument, so...

When in the Nine Hells can I expect to be able to worship Bane? :)

Personally I rp my worship of Bane, and if given the choice I would help the Nasher rebels. It has been giving me some foundry ideas.
    [SIGPIC]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/keuven/ghettosig2-2.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Strive ceaselessly to dominate your environment.

Be merciless in the execution of your duties, and show no pity to the weak.

Respect tradition and authority.
  • Options
    tyrant1944tyrant1944 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do update me if you get that Foundry mission up. I like how it sounds. But yeah, I can totally imagine just RPing my character's worship of Bane. He is sworn to Tempus but, yeah, what they don't know...False be damned
    Tyranus@MrHaw - 60 GWF - Dragon
    whatcolor_iswhite.jpg