test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Foundry Chat

chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
As many know, there is a foundry specific chat in the game and while in the foundry, but it also shares the channel with the Star Trek Online crowd's foundry.

So, to cull some of the confusion, I created a Neverwinter specific channel. To join it just type /join NW_Foundry or click on the gear on your chat box, click the custom channel tab and enter NW_Foundry and click join.

I did this so NW people will not get confused by STO questions and vice versa.

There is also a Ventrilo Q&A server set up by Nyghoma for players to come ask questions or just hang out and talk with other authors, share ideas and play test quests with the author to gives tips and pointers or help any way we can.

The authors who are in this vent daily (some all day) are:
Nyghoma
Aprocrs1980
Ellindar1
Zovya
Lovepeas
Yospeck
Zogvarnoka
and myself.

nyc.iventrilo.com

We are also planning a weekly twitch stream of new content, just working out the details at this point of when and what we will stream. Stay Tuned (tm)

Our goal is to get quests seen and played by as many people as we can.
There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
Post edited by chili1179 on

Comments

• bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah please give us a channel!!!
    edited April 2013
    Oh I joined also Chili you can't get away from me that fast!
    edited April 2013
    I just saying this again hope the devs see this, have had some akward times in this chat channel with STO. And some heated arguments.
  • drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't seem to join chat while in the foundry. It says "You are not subscribed to this channel" when I try, and I see no option in the foundry to subscribe haha.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    delete the channel from the list and rejoin it
    edited May 2013
    Adding this to UGC/Author page so people know the channel. Thanks for this channel also Chili! Now we can create missions without being pew pew pewed at!
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am bumping this for all the newer authors to see and connect with other authors while in game.

It's a growing channel with a constant flow of discussion and ideas being shared.

Come ask your questions, promote your quests or just hang out with the great Neverwinter Foundry Community and share your ideas to give the players the best quests and campaigns possible.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, it is also a great place to trade reviews with other authors and get out of the "For Review" pit.
  • slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ah, cool. I've been looking for a way to connect to a channel.
  • lovepeaslovepeas Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi! I just wanted to say that I had the pleasure of joining the channel this weekend and found the information extremely useful. The participants have some great ideas and work-arounds to challenges. Thanks for setting this up!
    The Delusions Quartet
    Act 1: Nightmare on Market Street
    Act 2: My Best Friend's Evil Wedding
    edited May 2013
    Bumping for downtime recognition.

Come join the family!
  • yospeckyospeck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Will definitely be joining. Always nice to be able to bounce ideas or get over problems with your fellow authors :)
  • moondawg13moondawg13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NW_Foundry is the place to be for intelligent conversation, helpful advice, and cooperative pragmatism.

Anyone needing a review of their Foundry Quest can contact me anytime and I will try to make time to review your hard work.
    Campaign: The Legend of Snowmane
    Chapter One: In Search of the Legend
    edited May 2013
    Bumping this during downtime and to note that we do have a ventrilo server running for people, like me, who prefer to talk than type :)
    There is also a Ventrilo Q&A server set up by Nyghoma for players to come ask questions or just hang out and talk with other authors, share ideas and play test quests with the author to gives tips and pointers or help any way we can.

The authors who are in this vent daily (some all day) are:
    Nyghoma
    Aprocrs1980
    Ellindar1
    Niktika
    and myself.

nyc.iventrilo.com

We are also planning a weekly twitch stream of new content, just working out the details at this point of when and what we will stream. Stay Tuned (tm)

Our goal is to get quests seen and played by as many people as we can.
  • zogvarnokazogvarnoka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wait what? We got a vent channel?! Why didn't anyone tell me?
    Removing the Grey Mask
    NW-DJ56XFK6G
    My first installment in the Rise of Shadovar Campaign.
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zogvarnoka wrote: »
    Wait what? We got a vent channel?! Why didn't anyone tell me?

My thoughts exactly..
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
    edited May 2013
  • weasougweasoug Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I''am also in when I can be.
    Artificer.jpg

Officer of Dungeon Masters Foundry-Guild on the Dragon server.
    NW_Foundry Chat Channel| Foundry Q&A Ventrilo | THE FORGE Weekly Live Stream
  • lovepeaslovepeas Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got the vent app downloaded today but my mic was dead. Hoping the hubby will go grab another for me tomorrow since I have to work late. The chat channel is so helpful, I bet the vent channel is awesome too.
    The Delusions Quartet
    Act 1: Nightmare on Market Street
    Act 2: My Best Friend's Evil Wedding
    edited May 2013
    lovepeas wrote: »
    I got the vent app downloaded today but my mic was dead. Hoping the hubby will go grab another for me tomorrow since I have to work late. The chat channel is so helpful, I bet the vent channel is awesome too.

It really is, when people can just hop in and ask a question, advice or just want some pointers or share some ideas and then several people give input on it it's really a great thing.

We also just chat and have a good time as well, except when I'm raging about how bad of a player I am and should stick to authoring >.>
  • yospeckyospeck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Was really nice shooting ideas around last night in the Vent channel (I joined for the first time yesterday).
  • elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It says "unknow command" when I try to join... :(
  • seanc84seanc84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    I try to follow the chat channel as much as I can... I'll have to jump into vent some time to say hi. :p:D
    Into the Mind's Eye
    Chapter 1 - The Ruins of Webcrag --- Chapter 2 - Don't get your hopes up. Bored of the game.
    edited May 2013
    Why doesn't it work? I just enter what is said above...
    edited May 2013
    elvalianon wrote: »
    Why doesn't it work? I just enter what is said above...

Click on the gear on your chat box (upper left side of chat box), click the custom channel tab and enter NW_Foundry in the Create/Join box and the button to the right should highlight and say "Join", click it.
    edited May 2013
    Ah! It was easy :p I just did not get the last part. The nooby I am. Thnx for the help!
    edited June 2013
    Bumpity bump for the new and the old.
    edited June 2013
    In case you didn't know this was a thing.
  • rdxcyclordxcyclo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    In case you didn't know this was a thing.

ACKNOWLEDGE MY EXISTENCE ON VENTRILO! I will throw a kitten into a kennel full of puppies every hour until someone speaks up in there.
    Making my name with Foundry - @rdxcyclo

First installment of Gavin the "Lucky" series is live

Episodes:
    Gavin the "Lucky": Prologue - NW-DEZSTNUT7
    edited June 2013
    lol sorry I have vent muted currently as I am doing things outside the game.