test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a way to ?

fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
edited April 2013 in The Foundry
add cutscenes?

animate NPC characters walking around?

add custom music/sounds?

make dirt roads?

edit terrain (as in terrain deformation and height maps)?

make all objects automatically sink to the proper height on the ground?

grant a new quest objective after you choose a particular dialogue option?

give your campaign/quest a custom banner image?
Post edited by fyrestorme1 on

Comments

• chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Edited because OP edited his questions and my replies no longer apply.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't let that discourage you. You can find some clever ways to tell your story. Experimentation is key.
    edited April 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Don't let that discourage you. You can find some clever ways to tell your story. Experimentation is key.

Completely agree. There are ways to make it look great.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    well I'm working on it, but I sure wish all of the sounds objects had their radius circle shown. Right now only some of them do, so you can't tell how far away a particular sound plays :(

Also, It would be nice if you could specify a custom area shape/size that a particular sound would play in...
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    the foundry is a tool with a lot of great options, but it is also a learning curve. to do things, you have to discover things, and nobody can tell you how to do that. You are obviously a young person that wants to tell a story, and this is a great tool to do it, but dont expect to be don juan in one day, or a month, and maybe not even in a year.. you get to do it.. whether it is good is up to you. What you can do is up to what you can do with the controls.

currently sounds in foundry quests dont work right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    the foundry is a tool with a lot of great options, but it is also a learning curve. to do things, you have to discover things, and nobody can tell you how to do that. You are obviously a young person that wants to tell a story, and this is a great tool to do it, but dont expect to be don juan in one day, or a month, and maybe not even in a year.. you get to do it.. whether it is good is up to you. What you can do is up to what you can do with the controls.

currently sounds in foundry quests dont work right.

Ok. You may not have meant to come off as condescending but you did a little.

First off, "obviously a young person". Well maybe I am, maybe I'm not, but you don't know how old I am. It's just silly to say that.

Also, what I'm/We're talking about here is not a level of aptitude with the tool, but the quantity and type of features in the tool. Just sayin'..
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    \add cutscenes?
    Yes, kind of. In my quest "Selunite Way", play the second map (green cave) and go west and then north (the room north of mage's room). In there I have added a cutscene between hulk and succusbus.

Yes. One way patrol. Read my manuals(signature) and check it out how to do it. You can also play any of my quest to see it in action.

add custom music/sounds?
    Yes, but currently it does not plays because of bbugs.

make dirt roads?
    Not yet. But you can make stone roads.

No mesh deformation of any kind Remember, it is LEGOs.

For outside maps :Terrain, Y=0. Terrain means 0 is ground below you.
    FOr indoor maps, no.

Read this manual:- http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=1728221#post1728221
    It has a lot of stuff.
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    \add cutscenes?
    Yes, kind of. In my quest "Selunite Way", play the second map (green cave) and go west and then north (the room north of mage's room). In there I have added a cutscene between hulk and succusbus.

Yes. One way patrol. Read my manuals(signature) and check it out how to do it. You can also play any of my quest to see it in action.

add custom music/sounds?

make dirt roads?
    Not yet. But you can make stone roads.

No mesh deformation of any kind Remember, it is LEGOs.

For outside maps :Terrain, Y=0. Terrain means 0 is ground below you.
    FOr indoor maps, no.

Read this manual:- http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=1728221#post1728221
    It has a lot of stuff.

/10chars
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

This is the only thing in that list that is possible to do, though even this has a few limitations. You can set what the Y-axis aligns to, and this is context sensitive. Typically you'll have options like "terrain", "room platform", "geometry", and so on. Try experimenting!
    edited April 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    This is the only thing in that list that is possible to do, though even this has a few limitations. You can set what the Y-axis aligns to, and this is context sensitive. Typically you'll have options like "terrain", "room platform", "geometry", and so on. Try experimenting!

I did experiment with it, but unfortunately, I think it is not possible to correctly position or sink the "cluster" village objects - at least not in 3d editing mode, because they have no box handle with which you can target them. :(
    edited April 2013
    add custom music/sounds?

You cannot add "custom" music and sounds. You can add pre-rendered music and sounds, that's not the same thing as custom.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    You cannot add "custom" music and sounds. You can add pre-rendered music and sounds, that's not the same thing as custom.

The in-game sound refers to teh sounds which you dont place yourself - i.e. a bard singing. It is integrated to animation. It works perfectly.

Custom sound is the sound which you place from library which you can trigger at will. You control which sound you put where and when it plays. That is currently bugged.

Last is User Generated Music/sound/noise. We all know you can't upload it as uploading naything in foundry is a no-no.
    edited April 2013
    The in-game sound refers to teh sounds which you dont place yourself - i.e. a bard singing. It is integrated to animation. It works perfectly.

Custom sound is the sound which you place from library which you can trigger at will. You control which sound you put where and when it plays. That is currently bugged.

Last is User Generated Music/sound/noise. We all know you can't upload it as uploading naything in foundry is a no-no.

the last one you mentioned was actually the one I was referring to, but thanks for telling me about #2 as well. Now I can finally stop banging my head against that particular wall. :rolleyes: