test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Professions Assest Pack/Professions Booster Pack?

sixko1sixko1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 30
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
Could anyone tell me what the difference between these two are?
I think that the assest pack will give you some random crafting npc that will speed up your crafting.
Is that correct?
What about the booster pack?
Post edited by sixko1 on

Comments

• kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    from the Zen shop screenshots posted on here:

Booster pack has 1 Purple or Blue Resource, 1 purple blue or green Assist, 2 green assist or resources and 10 common resources.
    Assist pack comes with 1 Purple or Blue Assist, 2 Purple Blue or Green assists, 1 blue or green assist and 1 green assist.

Assist are Craftmen or Tools used in crafting.
  • sixko1sixko1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 30
    edited April 2013
    That explains it, cheers dude
  • voidroninvoidronin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is there any other way to get the profession tools (like the infantry weapon) other than from a random chance in these packs. I hit level 9 leadership and level 4 mailsmithing but still have no idea where to get the specific tools beyond throwing money while praying; If this is the case crafting is done for me.
  • redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    check the auction house for people dumping mats/resources for professions they don't have, and you get mats from chests and such as well.
  • voidroninvoidronin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mats and resources i can find and also buy off the AH. They are also explained with the skill usage/ loot tool tip. The basic (White) people assets are covered with the first profession task and as you level up you can advance the white rank 1 to next rank but not next quality.

It's the tool assets that i cant find. I have bought around 10 of each type of profession packs (the 1600 and 300 zen; i had a lot of zen left over from STO. Those packs are the only place i have seen the green/ blue/ purple people assets drop and the only place i have seen any kind of tool asset(both green so far). My problem is if those packs are the only way to get these items. I can live with pay to advance as i did pick up the founders packs for the slight edge. I cannot live with the pay to get a random chance to advance. That belongs to the lockboxes not a core system.

This system is very similar to STO's DOFF missions. The big difference is that in STO you could with time trade up white to green to blue to purple and could earn the needed mats without the need to buy a DOFF pack. Sure it took forever and you had to plan who was going where/ when very carefully. It also encouraged trade between players and had the option of acquiring Zen when one could to pick up the occasional DOFF pack to speed things up. In the current system for Neverwinter, to the best of my knowledge + Professor Google, the only way to get non-white or any tool asset is to spend Zen. In my opinion it will kill crafting.
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited April 2013
    voidronin wrote: »
    Is there any other way to get the profession tools (like the infantry weapon) other than from a random chance in these packs. I hit level 9 leadership and level 4 mailsmithing but still have no idea where to get the specific tools beyond throwing money while praying; If this is the case crafting is done for me.

Worn Tools of all types are sold by the Professions Merchant in the Protector's Enclave Bazaar. Click the Assets tab at the top of the store window.
  • kroogkroog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Worn Tools of all types are sold by the Professions Merchant in the Protector's Enclave Bazaar. Click the Assets tab at the top of the store window.

I believe most of us know where to acquire the worn tools, what we really would like to know is how to upgrade white quality tools to a green quality.
  • sadgfhsadgfh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are upgrades from green to blue and blue to purple...but not from white to green.
    Let's pretend like my account name isn't just a random string of characters I got by punching my keyboard.
  • rubixxfreezerubixxfreeze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kotli wrote: »
    from the Zen shop screenshots posted on here:

Booster pack has 1 Purple or Blue Resource, 1 purple blue or green Assist, 2 green assist or resources and 10 common resources.
    Assist pack comes with 1 Purple or Blue Assist, 2 Purple Blue or Green assists, 1 blue or green assist and 1 green assist.

Assist are Craftmen or Tools used in crafting.

Do you actually have a chance of getting "1 purple or blue asset, 2 purple blue or green assets" etc.

or do you get them all ? eg 1 purple or blue/ 2 purple blue or green/1 blue or green asset and 1 green asset?

my question is: is there a chance to get those quantities or do you get ALL of the quantities.
  • taaqtaaq Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is there a way to get green infantry weapon and upgrade it? I don't think I seen an option. I think I did see a hammers for platesmithing you can upgrade. I just wasn't sure for infantry weapon.
  • taaqtaaq Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    double post
  • netrilusnetrilus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 148
    edited August 2014
    Is it possible to get the Professions Booster Pack from any chests or containers I get when I craft?