test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dialogue/NPC/combat question

fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
So I'm trying to make it so there is a guardian and you have to talk to him. If you answer wrong / pick the wrong dialogue option, I want the guardian to become hostile and attack the player. But it looks like you have to make him either an NPC (which cannot be attacked ever) or a monster which cannot be used in dialogue-oriented objectives :(

Isn't there a way to do this??
Post edited by fyrestorme1 on

Comments

• Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When selecting the wrong option, set the NPC to invisible and set an encounter with the same costume and in the same spot to visible.
  • Options
    fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    When selecting the wrong option, set the NPC to invisible and set an encounter with the same costume and in the same spot to visible.

hmmm can't figure out how to set the npc to invisible and set an encounter to visible when choosing a particular dialogue option ?

For that matter, I can't figure out how to make a custom encounter either.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Ok I figured out how to make an encounter have a custom costume.

But what I still can't figure out is how to make a quest objective trigger on a particular dialogue option... ?
  • Options
    agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It doesn't have to be the quest objective trigger on a particular dialogue option, it's the "appear when" and "disappear when" settings of the NPC and encounter.

So the Quest objectives would be like "Talk to non-hostile NPC dude" and then "Kill hostile Encounter version of that dude." The appear/disappear switcharoo is done on the NPC and Encounter themselves independent of the Quest objectives.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    check my manual on jow to do common tasks. It also explains trigger and trigger events in detail. The one u want is 'dialog prompt reached'
  • Options
    sylantax3sylantax3 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is there any way to make the NPC appear right in the same spot where you had just defeated his earlier "copy"? I ask because after the fight, I want to question him about something.

Right now, I get the enemy version going down (but not disappearing right away like he should- I'm set to have him "disappear" after the encounter ends), and the "beaten" version of him appears in the same spot where the original encounter took place. The fight itself has both of us moving around.