test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why nerf eye of the storm?

jkaplan92jkaplan92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
I don't understand why eye of the storm was given an ICD. Even with no ICD our dps was still at least 25% lower than rogues at level 60. I don't get why there is no emphasis on class balance at all. It seems like all of the feats and abilities that are given ICDs are good abilities that are literally ruined by their ICD. I've noticed the exact same thing on my guardian fighter. Why is there a focus on giving things ICDs when even without them the classes that have them are still not in line with the rogue?
Post edited by jkaplan92 on

Comments

• metsurometsuro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Because you can't seem to understand the concept of their roles. The CW is not a damage class. Its a control class. CCs. Utility. Rogues? nothing but damage. Please get over it.
  • endlesspillowsendlesspillows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited April 2013
    metsuro wrote: »
    Because you can't seem to understand the concept of their roles. The CW is not a damage class. Its a control class. CCs. Utility. Rogues? nothing but damage. Please get over it.

*Plays a Rogue*
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *Plays a Rogue*

Nice avatar. Thi game will be inspiration for my third foundry quest and will be very similar in nature! :p
  • metsurometsuro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *Plays a Rogue*

I dont play a rogue. As I don't play. Not until the 30th.

But in any game a class with utility should NEVER be any where close to a pure damage class. Because that makes the pure class useless. So for the added utility and cc, they have reduced overall damage. How is that hard to understand? Tank, healer, support, damage. The standard class make up for years.
  • endlesspillowsendlesspillows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Nice avatar. Thi game will be inspiration for my third foundry quest and will be very similar in nature! :p

Fantastic game. Unfortunately, it was the first one in the series I played, and I still think it's the best one.
    I dont play a rogue. As I don't play. Not until the 30th.

But in any game a class with utility should NEVER be any where close to a pure damage class. Because that makes the pure class useless. So for the added utility and cc, they have reduced overall damage. How is that hard to understand? Tank, healer, support, damage. The standard class make up for years.

All I can say, is with an attitude like that, I'm glad you just play games, and don't make them :)
    edited April 2013
    Fantastic game. Unfortunately, it was the first one in the series I played, and I still think it's the best one.

All I can say, is with an attitude like that, I'm glad you just play games, and don't make them :)

The attitude of balance? Its pretty simple. But I guess as someone who feels entitled to getting his cake and eating it to you don't care for balance. You just want the easy I win buttons.

You can't give someone utility and damage equal to that of someone with just damage. Its not balanced. But its funny that this isn't even a nerf. But a bug fix making sure the skill works the way it was intended.
    edited April 2013
    The attitude of balance? Its pretty simple. But I guess as someone who feels entitled to getting his cake and eating it to you don't care for balance. You just want the easy I win buttons.

You can't give someone utility and damage equal to that of someone with just damage. Its not balanced. But its funny that this isn't even a nerf. But a bug fix making sure the skill works the way it was intended.

You're making a lot of assumptions with your post.

1) Assuming my reference to your negative attitude had anything to do with the balance of the game.
    2) Assuming I am someone "who feels entitled to getting his cake and eating it to you don't care for balance. You just want the easy I win buttons." - Even though I have not stated my opinion of balance to you in any manner.
    3) Assuming Eye of the Storm was giving Control Wizards damage equal to Trickster Rogues without an internal cooldown (I'm very interested to see your data on this one, I can't seem to find any myself).
    4) Assuming adding a cooldown to a passive ability that has never referenced a cooldown to this day was a "Bug fix" as opposed to a balance fix.

I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself when it comes to balance unless you have some cold hard data to back it up. Everything else is white noise.
    edited April 2013
    You're making a lot of assumptions with your post.

1) Assuming my reference to your negative attitude had anything to do with the balance of the game.
    2) Assuming I am someone "who feels entitled to getting his cake and eating it to you don't care for balance. You just want the easy I win buttons." - Even though I have not stated my opinion of balance to you in any manner.
    3) Assuming Eye of the Storm was giving Control Wizards damage equal to Trickster Rogues without an internal cooldown (I'm very interested to see your data on this one, I can't seem to find any myself).
    4) Assuming adding a cooldown to a passive ability that has never referenced a cooldown to this day was a "Bug fix" as opposed to a balance fix.

I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself when it comes to balance unless you have some cold hard data to back it up. Everything else is white noise.

1. You are in a thread whining about balancing. So you as a opposed to the change by your comment implying I just want the rogue to be better is pretty clear about it.
    2. You are in a thread about a nerf. Again you are in favor of not having the nerf. Inferred by your comments.
    3. Your reading comprehension failed you here. This one skill has nothing to do giving them equal damage to rogue. I was pointing out they are suppose to have lower damage.
    4. As stated in the patch notes, it was meant to have an internal cool down. Making this a bug fix. Not a nerf.

I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself, stop assuming anything without cold hard data from patch notes. You should also try to be more friendly it makes you look like less of a jerk.
    edited April 2013
    1. You are in a thread whining about balancing. So you as a opposed to the change by your comment implying I just want the rogue to be better is pretty clear about it.

Assumption. I never stated I was opposed to change. It was a joke actually, that you went head on into like it was a personal attack.
    2. You are in a thread about a nerf. Again you are in favor of not having the nerf. Inferred by your comments.

When exactly did I say I was not in favor of the nerf?
    3. Your reading comprehension failed you here. This one skill has nothing to do giving them equal damage to rogue. I was pointing out they are suppose to have lower damage.

Hardly. You stated clearly that the nerf was fine BECAUSE Wizards are designed to deal less damage than a Rogue.
    4. As stated in the patch notes, it was meant to have an internal cool down. Making this a bug fix. Not a nerf.

Nowhere did it imply this change was intended with the original design of the ability. It was a balance change, not a bug fix.
    I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself, stop assuming anything without cold hard data from patch notes. You should also try to be more friendly it makes you look like less of a jerk.

You're right. I am done feeding the trolls for the time being.

Have a nice day :)
    edited April 2013
    Assumption. I never stated I was opposed to change. It was a joke actually, that you went head on into like it was a personal attack.

When exactly did I say I was not in favor of the nerf?

Hardly. You stated clearly that the nerf was fine BECAUSE Wizards are designed to deal less damage than a Rogue.

Nowhere did it imply this change was intended with the original design of the ability. It was a balance change, not a bug fix.

You're right. I am done feeding the trolls for the time being.

Have a nice day :)
    Combat

Control Wizard: Eye of the Storm now correctly has a 30 second internal cooldown.

Notice the word used.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Aye according to the notes, it was a bug fix.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013

So obvious you will roll a rogue :)
    edited April 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    So obvious you will roll a rogue :)

I want to roll ranger. But its not here yet. So I'm going to end up GF or GWF. Though I do like dual wielding classes but I prefer swords over daggers so.
  • bejita231bejita231 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So many rogues here who think they are the only striker class, when in fact CW and GWF both have roles of strike aswell, and rogues also have controll just like a CW does so they are not only a DPS