test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question: Naming Conventions

2»

Comments

• dec0ydeaditedec0ydeadite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    elenoe8 wrote: »
    well, in the real world you don't have your name floating above your head so you wouldn't even notice...
    this would be SO awesome irl, i would imagine sparking random conversations with people just standing around because i like their names or yelling out the most common name in a large crowd just to see them all stop and look around haha. but then consider the letter traffic above our heads, like a game of scrabble gone horribly wrong, would they get stuck to other names?
    those dam_ HOTN players ruin everything.
    STRUGGLING? uMAD? QQ? NEED A GUIDE? GET SPOON FED HERE! NOMNOMNOM
  • mosnacky01mosnacky01 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    Don't tell me how to play boy and I won't tell you how to play.

Boy?

What is this 1960's Alabama? I for one find language like this objectionable.
    No woman should marry before she has slain her tenth man.-:Vartha Do'Urden
  • projxprojx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Really too bad Troll isn't a playable race... Then I could name one Drizzit Skywalker.
    Gave in to that momentary sadistic twitch...
    hk47banner.jpg
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mosnacky01 wrote: »
    Boy?

What is this 1960's Alabama? I for one find language like this objectionable.
    I toke it out now be kind and take it out your post.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    but then consider the letter traffic above our heads, like a game of scrabble gone horribly wrong, would they get stuck to other names?
    no :) more like this: augmented reality
  • dec0ydeaditedec0ydeadite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    no :) more like this: augmented reality

the future of social media, ffs even a friend count. it's actually a little frighting when you think about it; imagine walking up to someone and having to look up before addressing them, or staring at your date's info while eating dinner and then getting caught.
    those dam_ HOTN players ruin everything.
    STRUGGLING? uMAD? QQ? NEED A GUIDE? GET SPOON FED HERE! NOMNOMNOM
  • streamofsolacestreamofsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chomag wrote: »
    Your play is annoying to other people, so you're **** right I'm gonna tell you how to play and you're free to hell me how to play if I offend you. This isn't a single player game where you're free to name your character however you want and do whatever you want.

Names floating over heads is already immersion-breaking; that's not how you interact with real people out in the world. Zone chat is also immersion breaking, who receives text messages from complete strangers in their general area?

Turn off the nameplates. Walk up to a stranger you think you might like to get to know, as their name, and when they say "xxDragonSlayerRoflzxx", you can walk away knowing that that person is beneath you and satisfied that you never need talk to them again.

Now, if you introduce yourself to xxDragonSlayerRoflzxx using your full RP title, don't take it the wrong way if he walks away from you. You guys just aren't compatible.
  • almightysarcasmoalmightysarcasmo Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am going to count how many Do'Urdens I see. Seriously, If you are going to use a drow name at least be creative. Use a different house name such as Del'Armgo or Sun'wet
    I am the Wishmaster

4nKjr.png
  • elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    imagine walking up to someone and having to look up before addressing them...
    much worse.. things like this makes you even more dumb then internet. You won't need to remember anything :) And it's only matter of time when it will automatically recognize listed persons and act as public camera system for "security purposes".

AR is already working and spreading technology. And the real stepback now is the lack of convenient device. Work just through mobile. Need to get it in glasses form. We have even those but the working ones are expensive to build and need to have strong power source.
  • taeryltaeryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    Personally, I am not going to worry about the names. It's something we see in ALL MMOs and is not likely to change. Some people play RPGs and MMOs for different reasons and aren't really concerned about character name or identity.
  • ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I am going to count how many Do'Urdens I see. Seriously, If you are going to use a drow name at least be creative. Use a different house name such as Del'Armgo or Sun'wet

My drow cleric will not use her house name.. she has broken off from them. So no worries from me ;)
  • theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well, in the real world you don't have your name floating above your head so you wouldn't even notice...

wait for it

edit - griefy mcgriefer, grabby fasthands, Doctor Smith (lurker, loiterer, squatter), twitch the tweaker (rusher), et al
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    grimrod614 wrote: »
    Never leave home without a cleric !
    fss_overall.png
  • shieldwardenshieldwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Are apostrophes allowed? Like names that have an apostrophe as a separation?

So... yes? No?
    "Living on the surface has been a strange adjustment for me. It's brighter, the colors are more varied and, well...
    less people are trying to kill me."