test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patching STO + Neverwinter

mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Im not sure if this is a bug or just an annoying fact. I cant patch neverwinter and STO at the same time. I am stuck patching neverwinter now and i cant log on ot STO. I was hoping i could play STO as i patched neverwinter...
Post edited by mbomberdavid on

Comments

• somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The entire Cryptic patcher/system is utterly incapable of playing one game while patching another, or patching multiple titles, or ANYTHING that involves patching on one client and trying to use another period (no matter if it's on a Live server, a PTS one, whatever).

Even though everything is in different folders and everything else.

There's no fix for it.

Long story short - you can't patch and play at the same time across all of Cryptic's games.
  • loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    The entire Cryptic patcher/system is utterly incapable of playing one game while patching another, or patching multiple titles, or ANYTHING that involves patching on one client and trying to use another period (no matter if it's on a Live server, a PTS one, whatever).

Even though everything is in different folders and everything else.

There's no fix for it.

Long story short - you can't patch and play at the same time across all of Cryptic's games.

logical...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eldantoreldantor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Have you tried going all the way into the game on STO and then starting the patcher for NW? Blizzard has a similar problem with their launcher, you can't have both the WoW launcher and SC2 launcher open at the same time.
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    If you do as Eldantor said you will be able to play STO until you try and change zones. You can not change zones while it is patching. If you pause the patch you will zone, you can then restart the patch.

NW and STO don't seem to like each other too much though. NW crashed while i was patching STO but the opposite did not seem to be true.