test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feature Request: Featherfall items

shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Devs, could we please get some featherfall items? I loved those in DDO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by shonsu5320 on

Comments

• Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    DDO was made by Turbine and NW is by Cryptic, so that is something that their legal department would have to look into; however at this moment in time they won't get new items added just yet. They will do this at a later point in time, so just be patient and enjoy the game when you will be able to log in very soon :)
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »
    DDO was made by Turbine and NW is by Cryptic, so that is something that their legal department would have to look into; however at this moment in time they won't get new items added just yet. They will do this at a later point in time, so just be patient and enjoy the game when you will be able to log in very soon :)

Yeah, it would just be a "nice to have". Since Featherfall is a spell effect in D&D I don't think Turbine would have any claim on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    berserkerkitten8berserkerkitten8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    shonsu5320 wrote: »
    Yeah, it would just be a "nice to have". Since Featherfall is a spell effect in D&D I don't think Turbine would have any claim on it.

Exactly. And those items were super fun! :D Also loved underwater breathing, but I have no clue if you ever even get to touch water in NWO.
    They're not called respect tokens...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Exactly. And those items were super fun! :D Also loved underwater breathing, but I have no clue if you ever even get to touch water in NWO.

Interacting with water in NWO is a bit weird. You don't swim, you just walk into it along the bottom as though the water isn't there. I hope they add swimming in the future too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    shonsu5320 wrote: »
    Interacting with water in NWO is a bit weird. You don't swim, you just walk into it along the bottom as though the water isn't there. I hope they add swimming in the future too.

This happened in Lineage 2 back in the day as well and it took NCSoft a while to finally get that resolved as they didn't find it to be a game breaker.

Shonsu5320, you would be surprised at the lengths some developers/publishers go to screw over the competition. It would indeed be cool to get all those features we've seen in other games added, but remember it's not something that they will be rushing to get added anytime soon. Their main concerns right now will be bug fixing, removal of exploits, hack/cheat detection/software to be applied as we all know that there will be people who will be botting and cheating as much as possible.

I expect we won't see any new items for a while, not until they've increased the classes to the game. So give me a couple of months at least, but I'm sure it's something they have in their list of future content.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »

This makes no sense. DDO also had a hireling panther that was attained by purchasing a collector's edition of the expansion pack. Then NW does? You overthink