test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

@Hero of the North Buyers

Comments

• argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    exhilol wrote: »
    Watch this Video.. This guy does a really good job getting information across to the viewer exactly how the economy works in the game. You said you were unsure about the value of a few things in the game. Well I hope this helps you out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAslnB7kgEo

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNPAe2ICFvc

"And that is fine, that is great." LoL
  • carverllewiscarverllewis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    for me it was basically an impulse buy. Figured I was interested enough in the game, and love the setting, so why the heck not?
  • falcor13falcor13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't believe players paid 199.00 dollars for Hero of the North just to get a 2 day head start and items that will be useless in a months time. This is very funny. 8)
  • teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    duno spider mount, drow, 2mil in diamonds, panther ect.... If you played beta and liked it, 200.00 might be worth it. If I cant find anything fun to do for me end game then that will be the end of me playing NWO.

My fear is it will be worst then wow's end game. Wow you raid and then stand around in town doing circles for hours until you log off. I can see my self doing this in this game for sure. But one never knows, in games like EVE, UO, Shadowbane is where end game becomes everything. Theme parks have a hard time for those people that dont want to see the same setting over and over and over.

What got it for me was the combat in this game is very fun so I put some money into it even tho I know fully that I will only play it for a few months tops.
    edited April 2013
    falcor13 wrote: »
    I can't believe players paid 199.00 dollars for Hero of the North just to get a 2 day head start and items that will be useless in a months time. This is very funny. 8)

fail.....

5days, races no one else will ever get, spider mount not one else (should) will never get and 2mil in diamonds which if you do it right gives you a good head start on what ever you spend them on.
  • blasph3m3blasph3m3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I bought it for the kick *** Tier 3 Spider Mount.

The rest is just bonus.
    10qkinm.png
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    falcor13 wrote: »

I can't believe there's still people that can't believe that some people actually have enough of a disposable income that $200 isn't all that much.
    edited April 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    I can't believe there's still people that can't believe that some people actually have enough of a disposable income that $200 isn't all that much.

Yeah same, If you are going to spend hours and hours of your day in anything you might as well invest your best foot forward. Those that dont end up saying I shoulda woulda coulda.
  • berserkerkitten8berserkerkitten8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I got mine for free.
    Now I can't wait for the 25th. Oh the torture! :(
    They're not called respect tokens...
  • darkstarmjpdarkstarmjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Would be nice if they released some details like what will be in the VIP area
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After the third beta weekend ( STO lifer so I was invited to 2nd and 3rd ) I knew I was going to play this game . Then it was just picking a pack or even no pack .
    #1 reason ... head of the Q . Its great in STO and wish I had it early on in Rift , I might still be playing it .
    #2 panther companion ... companion early is very nice. I liked the wolf too.
    #3 bag per character ... I'm a pack rat and in beta 2 my inventory was full most the time .No bag in 60 dollar bundle is why I didn't get it.
    #4 character slots ... Its D&D , right now I'm saying I wont have allot of toons ... but I know I will .

I liked the horse better then the spider , But by level 20 you can buy a horse no problem .

Honorable Mention STO ship ..... hey I still play on Q day , and when they release something new .

Plus I will read the novelette , I read a lot and any chance to read an unfamiliar writer for free is a plus .
    edited April 2013
    I got mine for free.
    Now I can't wait for the 25th. Oh the torture! :(

soon! soon!
  • dungeondelverdungeondelver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 58
    edited April 2013
    futrix wrote: »
    search feature, here is a freebie:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?77461-A-Breakdown-of-the-Founder-Pack-Values&highlight=founder+pack+worth

this thread calculates value based on things that exist in some variation on the shop and their cost so that is what some items don't have a value with them being unique and value based on the buyer.
    remember that 100zen = $1.00
    also the diamonds in each pack was increased to 2million and 600k respectively

to me the values of the packs strand out if you want multiple characters. champions in these packs are the only account wide companions in the game.

The calculations on this thread are extremely wrong and outdated, i wouldn't consider it for any example on pack value.
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    deistik wrote: »

This. When people post their amazement at this, they might as well be posting, "I'm poor and still live with my parents." because... that's how I read it.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There wasn't one reason for me, I'm not really a huge Drow fan and will probably never use the spider mount. The Diamonds are nice and so is the headstart, $200.00 isn't a great deal of money so not sure why it even matters.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I didn't get it, but I think most people that do it are impatient people that wanted to try beta 1st, play open bet 1st. They just cannot wait. They check everything about the game many times a day and finally give in and buy it to play as soon as possible.

I've played enough games to know playing 1st is not best in most cases as the servers crash, lag, etc. Launch woes. Also, I like choosing the stuff later on from cash shop after i see what i need, not buying things the put together for me.

Whats funny is when they think other people that have patience are "poor and have no job." I spend money on games every week be it steam, indie bundles, console games, etc. I just choose what I want and get the best deals even if I have enough to buy the bad deals.

$200 is not a lot of money for entertainment, but I can make it go a loooooonog way in gaming. I look at things that way, not just throw my money down because I have it.
  • deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Meh, I never played in the beta weekends. Ive been itching to play a traditional feeling mmo with dungeons and maybe possibly end game raids (im hoping). Theres nothing I am playing right now so I figured why not, 200 bucks and thur-fri off of work.
  • vamperovampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will be totally truthful with you, I don't know anything about DnD lore at all...:D I just took a chance on buying the $200 FP. I thought about it for 5 hours telling myself why I should spend that kind of money on Neverwinter . I still don't know why I bought it, I'm so glad I did for the 2 million AD. I only played the game for about 15 min at Pax East 2012 before I bought the $200 FP, I thought it was OK at the time. Know I think the FAST,FUN and Furious gameplay is like when a Methhead takes a hit and they can't stop wanting more !
  • ifandbutifandbut Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Because I have enough money. Also, the diamonds. I dont have enough time to play as much as I would like as it is, last thing I want to do is spend a ton of hours farming diamonds when I could be doing other things.

I just wish I was not going to be out of town and working crazy hours for the head start. If I am lucky I will be able to play 5 hours out of the 5 days of early access.
  • xalgnixalgni Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    platinu wrote: »
    This. When people post their amazement at this, they might as well be posting, "I'm poor and still live with my parents." because... that's how I read it.

that's poor logic. I'm poor and live with my mother and I was able to save up enough to by the pack.

Ive always been a fan of cryptic, I have lifetime on Champions and feel Ive gotten a good deal from it. I wanted to support them and I feel a lot of the items sound useful and neat. Im not a big fan of Drow but the spider mount sounds neat and an account wide companion is a plus.
  • therealkyrielltherealkyriell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Frankly, I'd have spent the $200.00 if they had given me even a single day of "try it out" of any sort.

I am not ABOUT to drop $200 on a free game that I haven't been able to experience. No money for unproven product.

Sad for the developers, I have 200$ lifetime subs to The Secret World and LOTRO. Both gave me a 1-3 day trial (or an actual beta invite) before release. I will still probably spend the $60.... because I believe in paying people for their hard work.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    platinu wrote: »

This. When people post this, they might as well be posting, "I have a job and still live with my parents." because... that's how I read it.

I'm going to suppress the flame here and show you how a budget works.
    I'm currently going to college and have a job that will accommodate my school hours.
    my monthly income is 800$ (give or take about 20$)
    my rent is 545$
    I spend 130$ on food a month.
    my cable bill is 80$ a month.
    my electricity is 40$ a month.

this all added is roughly 795$

you sir should get a life
    21.jpg
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For me it was all about the spider mount. it's the 2nd spider mount i know of with Rift being the first.

judging by the Launcher countdown timer and the (german/french) Founders' timer, you have approx 1h of game play to determine if the current Founders packs are worth it.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack (no countdown timer).
    http://nw.fr.perfectworld.eu/founderspack (had timer).
    http://nw.de.perfectworld.eu/founderspack (also has timer).
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This. When people post this, they might as well be posting, "I have a job and still live with my parents." because... that's how I read it.

I'm currently going to college and have a job that will accommodate my school hours.
    my rent is 545$

Sweet, you have $5 a month to put into the game! :D
  • berserkerkitten8berserkerkitten8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, that's one monthly respec! Whee! :D
    They're not called respect tokens...
    edited April 2013
    Frankly, I'd have spent the $200.00 if they had given me even a single day of "try it out" of any sort.

I am not ABOUT to drop $200 on a free game that I haven't been able to experience. No money for unproven product.

Sad for the developers, I have 200$ lifetime subs to The Secret World and LOTRO. Both gave me a 1-3 day trial (or an actual beta invite) before release. I will still probably spend the $60.... because I believe in paying people for their hard work.

There was plenty of means to try it out, especially in BW3 when they were throwing out keys like business cards at a sales convention.
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

my rent is 545$

See, that's the thing I'm talking about actually. I have a life and it's one I enjoy immensely. It sounds like you took my comment as a direct insult and such wasn't the intent. It sounds like you're working on your life, and good for you to do so. I've gone to school. I went through the 'horrible income' phase while doing so. I've paid all my debts. I used my education to get a good job. I live in a nice apartment, with fantastic WiFi, and I spend copious amounts of money on games, movies, etc. I have friends that come over to hang out, enjoy my big ol' 3D TV, and we have fun.

I know how a budget works and I have one, it's simply not as tight as it once was.

The people who are whining about others spending 200 dollars on this game are probably, as you are, still working on getting their life in order. And again, this is fine. It's better than fine, it's great that you're doing this. You'll love it once you've paid your dues and secured a better job.

I just don't see why anyone should feel the need to whine and complain about how others of us spend our money. What's insane for 1 person to spend 200 dollars on might not be a big deal for someone else to spend 200 dollars on.
    edited April 2013
    xalgni wrote: »
    that's poor logic. I'm poor and live with my mother and I was able to save up enough to by the pack.

Ive always been a fan of cryptic, I have lifetime on Champions and feel Ive gotten a good deal from it. I wanted to support them and I feel a lot of the items sound useful and neat. Im not a big fan of Drow but the spider mount sounds neat and an account wide companion is a plus.

I agree, it was poor logic and on top of that, poorly worded. I apologize to those I offended, but the repeated name calling from people who can't seem to fathom anyone spending 200 dollars on a game and feel the need to belittle those of us who did, gets old.

I took another stab at it in my post above this one, and then read your post. My blood sugar is stable now...

I also got the CO lifetime and I feel I got my money's worth from that as well. Cryptic is a great company and I love throwing money at them because they, unlike so many others, deserve it. They have been consistently great.
  • revengeance77revengeance77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    #1 Early Access to Foundry
    #2 Early Access to game
    #3 Early Access to Foundry
  • healsjoohealsjoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ever since I first started playing D&D with the Basic box set back in the late 70's to early 80's I have been enthralled with role playing games. When I was in high school and computers were making their way into homes and I was playing zork i often thought how awesome it would be if there were moving graphics and pictures to give me a visual of what i was reading. When Everquest came out I was hooked to the point of being obsessed or addicted. I have tried many other MMORPG's since and I cannot wait to dive headfirst into Neverwinter. The sooner the better! and that is why I purchased my HOTN.