test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Am I the only one who does this?

philbe63philbe63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So as I wait for the Open Beta to happen (and basically any other time I've wanted to play) I torture myself with opening the game launcher and letting it update (or patch). Then I hit the 'play' button and I wait. I see the Cryptic logo pop up, then the listing of files being opened...My heart races a little. The screen goes to the character screen and the music swells.....

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY NOW

I know I'm not allowed to play (yet) but I keep doing this. There's a little part of my brain that thinks maybe I will stumble upon a crack in the wall and manage to sneak in.

So anyone else do this or am I the only obsessed one?
Post edited by philbe63 on

Comments

• colhatickcolhatick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I did it a few times to play with the options but that's it.
  • valgavantevalgavante Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 71
    edited April 2013
    i did this too, but once XD and today just for patching. I know the feel T_T

However i torture myself re-watching medias, destroying F5 in this forum and dreaming about my incoming adventures *_*
    65752563.jpg77219287.jpg
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm right there with you!
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • sirsaico01sirsaico01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I must admit i do this at least once a day.....
  • elderock67elderock67 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm somewhat relieved to here you admit that. I'm not saying that I do that mind you, I have way too much self control to do that (ahem), but I do hate that they lead you on like you might have a chance to get in.....just saying!
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I did that with TOR in order to listen to the music.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    I do it every few days to make sure I am patched fully and to check it hasn't corrupted it self. IE I have plenty of time to redownload it if it dies.
  • rumal1rumal1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    philbe63 wrote: »
    So anyone else do this or am I the only obsessed one?

Ive never done that, nope, not even once....
    edited April 2013
    Doing it now jerk! Thanks a lot! :p
    edited April 2013
    ooooh! There seems to be a patch.
  • philbe63philbe63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm sorry eyebreaker7...what a minute, I'm not sorry! I'm glad I've dragged you into this pit of wanting with me. Bwahahahahahahaha (this is the universal usage of maniacal laughter).
  • theblueshepherdtheblueshepherd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rumal1 wrote: »
    Ive never done that, nope, not even once....

Now I know you're lying.... We ALL do it! :P

-KAL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

___________House Kal'Daka Recruiting______________
    GUILD SITE: http://housekaldaka.enjin.com/
  • bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Only to check for patches.