test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Only Greatswords?

Comments

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You are getting the gist....until new weapons are released....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maliusnightmaliusnight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yay!! Greatswords! Lets hope they don't hurry, I will be sad when all some of my fellow GWF stop being as great cause they turned in their greatswords.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You are getting the gist....until new weapons are released....

Thanks Truth...grummble...I am really worried about this game >8(
    Yay!! Greatswords! Lets hope they don't hurry, I will be sad when all some of my fellow GWF stop being as great cause they turned in their greatswords.

"Turned in"? Hah, more like reforged into a real mans weapon; like an axe, or hammer! O.o
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    So to make sure I follow what you're saying her Truth. GWF can ONLY use great swords, GF can ONLY use long sword and shield, TR can ONLY use 2 daggers, etc. etc.?

However, it has not been ye revealed if a person using greatsword can use greathammer or not (as both weapons are similar). It is possible, though unlikely as no videos show greathammer.

But GWF cannot use shield for his utilities as other powers depend on 2handed weapons.
  • vyrennvyrenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i for one do hope the great weapon fighter can wield other 2 handed weapon types maybe even dual wield if possible we can only hope friends the trailer is a bit missleading with the AXE but maybe other weapon types exist we just have to find them in dungeons :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    vyrenn wrote: »
    i for one do hope the great weapon fighter can wield other 2 handed weapon types maybe even dual wield if possible we can only hope friends the trailer is a bit missleading with the AXE but maybe other weapon types exist we just have to find them in dungeons :P
    Now the thought of needing to find any new weapons in dungeons would be perfect. I'd love that, and have no complaints about being limited to a silly Great Sword. As long as I quickly found an Ax. :p
    edited February 2013
    This cryptic problem has been solved. Using knowledge from Public domain, the answer was found.

Answer is:- No, there will be Greatclubs, Greataxes and Scythes which could be wielded by Great Weapon Fighter.

Maybe more, but we have seen/heard of only above three.
  • juggalohunterjuggalohunter Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mnatic wrote: »
    halberd, bow staff could also work with current animation

Love a good lucerne hammer
  • maliusnightmaliusnight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Bah Blunt instruments, and farm tools, they all lack sophistication. Greataxe? The prim-evil tool of Orcs and Barbarians, mindless savages. The Greatsword is the weapons of a civilized Man. A Man who understands killing has to get done and loot has to get collected, but that it is business. A person you can trust and do business with. LOL :) Why anyone would seek to show they are a bunt instrument, or a mindless savage I will never understand.
    edited February 2013
    ... seek to show they are a bunt instrument....
    Because it is more fun to bash and squash one's head than to chop it off I guess?

p.s. 'your' refers to in general and not specifically directed to anyone.

EDIT: Ah! One is the word I should have used.
  • altusduxideaaltusduxidea Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If I could use scythes for GWF, I would call myself Death ingame.
    edited February 2013
    Bah Blunt instruments, and farm tools, they all lack sophistication. Greataxe? The prim-evil tool of Orcs and Barbarians, mindless savages. The Greatsword is the weapons of a civilized Man. A Man who understands killing has to get done and loot has to get collected, but that it is business. A person you can trust and do business with. LOL :) Why anyone would seek to show they are a bunt instrument, or a mindless savage I will never understand.

You can remind me of what a barbarian I am, as your lamenting women serve me mead from your emptied skull, and my war dogs feed on your childrens entrails, sword swinger. Oh wait your dead, sorry kinda slow, I am a savage after all.
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    they did find a +2 great club of ogres in the totalbiscuit video, for now i can live with the single weapon thing np :)
    edited February 2013
    You can remind me of what a barbarian I am, as your lamenting women serve me mead from your emptied skull, and my war dogs feed on your childrens entrails, sword swinger. Oh wait your dead, sorry kinda slow, I am a savage after all.

*drinking 'mead' from a mug alongside*

Skull? What skull? Entails? What Entails? Everything is pulverized to a million peices. (Greatclub, BWAHAHAHA!)

Ah! Entails! You mean the mead you are drinking? How do you think it was made? There is no game miles around in these areas.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Now the thought of needing to find any new weapons in dungeons would be perfect. I'd love that, and have no complaints about being limited to a silly Great Sword. As long as I quickly found an Ax. :p
    I like that idea too.

Remember, you have to complete the "Crush Your Enemies" quest before unlocking the "Lament Their Women" quest! :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tarrax7tarrax7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    they did find a +2 great club of ogres in the totalbiscuit video, for now i can live with the single weapon thing np :)

Yes, nice to see some confirmation. :)
    edited February 2013
    Remember, you have to complete the "Crush Your Enemies" quest before unlocking the "Lament Their Women" quest! :p

Oh! Cruel truth! You are using your words to make the barbarian kill women! How heartless!

*holds greatclub in his hands which is red in color with thick red dripping from it, and no living soul is in sight in an ocean of red*
  • gorlotwoaxegorlotwoaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tarrax7 wrote: »
    Yes, nice to see some confirmation. :)

I just came back here to provide the same info... looks like 40% of the class specific weapon drops are vendor trash for this weekend.
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Gold is never bad, well not unless you need the pocket space to carry rubies and diamonds
    edited February 2013
    Don't worry, I never engaging in a dual of wits against an unarmed opponent, it is simply a waste of time.
    The blunt instruments such those above are always quick to smash first and ask questions never, so little details like completing the crush of the enemies quest before beginning the lamenting of their women quest is simple beyond such ignorant savages.

But when you use a greatsword, making a nice goblet out your enemies skulls is very simple. Then proceeding to the next step will be just that much easier. Just another reason you know a greatsword wielder will alway come out on top against such Savages. I for one look forward to vendoring all those other weak two handers. LOL
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited February 2013
    Only swords right I guess I better start preparing to cast this spell that destroys all swords and then, Signed your local Evil Wizard.
    PS I all ready casted the spells of magic and dagger protection.
  • robbievwrobbievw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Two words "Spiked Chain"
    "As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."
  • doomking70doomking70 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    qquenta wrote: »
    I truly do hope the introduce two handed hammers. Just something about hammers that makes them ossum.

That sounds like a Maul
    Die
  • sirnamedsirnamed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Expect to use any martial weapon you can find as a fighter in the full release. But scythes have always been classed as exotic weapons. If they appear in the game early on, I'd be very surprised. Greataxes, warhammers etc would be more sensible expectations.

This is another time when reminding everyone that this is beta seems necessary. Don't be distressed over a lack of variety of superficial features such as weapon selections.
  • c0vertsaladc0vertsalad Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just want a pole weapon of some sort...spear, harpoon, pike, halberd, ranseur, trident, partisan, lance....
    edited April 2013
    Great Swords Remain Great!! Bwahhahahahahah!
  • argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I did not read through the entire thread, so forgive me if I am repeating something already posted. I just wanted to say, that on the AD vendor there is a green GWF axe for something like 14k AD. So if you just want to steal the graphic there is at least that option out there.

Also the only GWF Paragon in is the Swordmaster. So it really makes sense anyways. Maybe they will bring in a Pit Figher build later, that would really be neat for dwarves.
  • franjean82franjean82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    During BW4, I'm pretty sure I saw greataxes for GWF, a GF with an axe and shield, and a mace that dropped that was usable by GF's. So I don't think we need to worry that Fighters are limited to swords.
    Rogue.jpg

Player of Wilcomb Goodale
  • digu21digu21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited April 2013
    I say that they should make more weapons for all the classes. I have seen different kinds of weapons me too, I've had an axe on my GF but they should make it more common with different weapons. If they really put their backs into it also changing some of their abilities animations to match with the weapon too.
    15.jpg
  • steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I do hate to go back so far for this joke but...
    vindicon wrote: »
    Also, where is my dual-wielding monkey-grip fighter?

Please tell me this involves keeping your pants on, right?

Awesome_Face.png
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.