test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen Store Prices need to be reduced, by alot!

Comments

• desadariusdesadarius Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Do the bought companions and mounts unlock for the account or the character. I could maybe be ok with some of the prices if they are account unlocks. If they are per character, PWE has got to be kidding with the prices

From my experience in BW's the mounts unlock account wide but the Companions do not. Either way, the prices are still way, way too high on everything.
  • vampuricknightvampuricknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    As someone who could afford the $200 dollar pack i cannot afford $30 items frequently but i have a sneaking suspicion that these prices will not be permanent but are rather testing the waters to see how much they can charge for the items listed to maximize profits. They may also be thinking of doing a tiered release where the first price is high for people who want to feel special... then a month later it lowers... and a month after that its at its final value at arould 1/2 its original cost.
  • partsggpartsgg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kittledorf wrote: »
    The point with this game was the hype and to sell founderpacks, they did a great job with that. When it comes to the Z-store they just want to make a little profit nothing more. Its a classic shake&bake mmo, the Z-store is for the tiny fanbase. The game got many flaws in this design and most people will get bored during the open beta, and then a tiny fraction of players will keep playing after the real launch and those are the ones that will pay these crazy prices :O.

Based on what?
  • drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mounts are account companions are character. They did though say they were tradeable, but i dont think that they are tradable after you use them, they bind to the character i think.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • diablomuertodiablomuerto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah I'd tend to agree about the prices, thought it would probably be easier to adjust how much zen items cost as opposed to changing Zen prices. I'm used to mounts equating to 20 or 25 dollars real money, at current prices they're almost double that which is a bit excessive for in my opinion. At current prices you could drop 50 dollars in zen, buy a mount and not really be able to get much of anything else. People spend more when they feel like their money is going further.
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They should let it be payable with AD or Zen. No one ever "bought" my AD I tried selling during BW4 so I couldn't enjoy the things in the Zen store :(
    There were a couple things I wanted to buy without having to spend MORE REAL money :(
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • ivsakenivsaken Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have to agree, there is no way I am buying anything at current prices.. unless they reduce them by a good portion, They will not get anymore of my money in this game.

I almost krapped a brick when I went in to see the store/prices
  • rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    Cost of buying 1 companion in neverwinter $15-35

Cost of filling your all your Max level ships 6 duty stations with zen store bridge officers $30

Seems pretty close to me. . . .
    Erm i think you have it wrong yet again good sir, here is why:

*An STO bridge officer has 1-4 abilities(usable in space and ground combat) whilst a D&D NWO companion has 2-3.

* you can have upto 5 STO bridge officers which means you get 5-20 abilities(useable in space and ground combat) whilst you can only have one (1) D&D NWO companion which still only has 2-3 abilities.

I. . . I. . .I just...can't see how it is comparable in value for casheish, i'm sorry but i just can't.
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Zen prices are ridiculous, I hope they adjust them in the near future otherwise myself and most people i know who play would never touch anything in there.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *In Tim the Enchanters voice*
    I told you guys this from the beginning "but did you listen..NO!". If yalled have griped from the beginning it may would be cheaper now

Im just kidding guys, but seriously I have griped about prices since BW1 and people asked me why it should be cheaper. Of course if we dont buy anything due to high cost prices might lower
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vamperovampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *In Tim the Enchanters voice*
    I told you guys this from the beginning "but did you listen..NO!". If yalled have griped from the beginning it may would be cheaper now

Im just kidding guys, but seriously I have griped about prices since BW1 and people asked me why it should be cheaper. Of course if we dont buy anything due to high cost prices might lower

I agree with you !
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They are banking on regular sales (pun intended) so they will spend a lot of time and effort to find the right prices for the right items.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
    edited April 2013
    In BW4 I really look at the Zen Market and I was getting sick to my stomach. That is the only thing I hate so far about the game. I hope the DEV team does not really think that will fly at those prices. Make people happy and they will want to spend cash in your shop. They are out of their minds if they think people who have not bought a Founders Pack will pay for those prices.
  • njgreen123456njgreen123456 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited April 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Honey Badger can be $35, because Honey Badger don't give a f**k.

Why can't I give you a thumbs up!?
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Misconception is Cryptic makes money from Zen store sales but the reality is they made the money after you transferred Zen to the Neverwinter Game.

If you buy something or not it doesn't matter. You already paid them.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jetah wrote: »
    Misconception is Cryptic makes money from Zen store sales but the reality is they made the money after you transferred Zen to the Neverwinter Game.

If you buy something or not it doesn't matter. You already paid them.

Yes, but with those prices people might not transfer/buy Zen in the first place. So if people think the prices are to high, then they wont buy Zen unless they play other games that use Zen. Besides if you buy Zen it wont mather if you transfer it to Neverwinter or not since you already bought the Zen.

edit: I might add, I also think the prices are to high. Companions/Cosmetic gear prices would be fine if they were account unlocks though. Bags could use a 50% price reduction.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have allotted a bit to buy a few items at release on the 25th . . . but hey if they make things cheaper then I can buy double :)
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes, but with those prices people might not transfer/buy Zen in the first place. So if people think the prices are to high, then they wont buy Zen unless they play other games that use Zen. Besides if you buy Zen it wont matter if you transfer it to Neverwinter or not since you already bought the Zen.

edit: I might add, I also think the prices are to high. Companions/Cosmetic gear prices would be fine if they were account unlocks though. Bags could use a 50% price reduction.

I've suggested people ONLY buy zen when the 15% bonus happens. I'm not an accountant, but I suspect that billing should show receivable income for games based on where the Zen is transferred to. Otherwise PW wouldn't know if a certain game is profitable or not.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    drakedge2 wrote: »
    Mounts are account companions are character. They did though say they were tradeable, but i dont think that they are tradable after you use them, they bind to the character i think.

You can bind the companions to yourself, level them up or whatever, then pay some AD to unbind them, and sell them in the Market.
    edited April 2013
    We the people can't let this post start to collect dust ! Speak your mind all !
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    I'm very "meh" about the prices. But I'd like character unlock options for less than the account wide unlock options. Don't really want to ride the same mount on every character so paying for the account wide is very superfluous to me. In fact until they offer per-character store bought options I probably won't bother buying a mount.
  • druid2009druid2009 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Zen store wont change. All PWE games require you to hand over a Kidney when you open the cash shop, I think PWE is one of the reasons China's economy is booming. *slow nod*

On a serious note, I would LOVE a premium service, for say, +-20$ a month that lets you do everything in game for free, respecing etc. Also you get a monthly allowance of Zen to spend, just enough for like one companion, or a mediocre costume, if you want you could just spend your allowance on bags or character slots....yada yada yada, you get the picture. If you want anything else, well then you have to buy Zen.

I think Secret World does that method. If they had that method I would even buy a founders pack right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Telvashias-
    "The wind...It whispers a name. Come, let us hunt." -Unknown Pack.
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, fortunately the government doesn't regulate virtual horses and honey badgers, (yet). So good ole' supply and demand will work things out. I'm not worried.
  • horsepophorsepop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    druid2009 wrote: »
    Zen store wont change. All PWE games require you to hand over a Kidney when you open the cash shop, I think PWE is one of the reasons China's economy is booming. *slow nod*

On a serious note, I would LOVE a premium service, for say, +-20$ a month that lets you do everything in game for free, respecing etc. Also you get a monthly allowance of Zen to spend, just enough for like one companion, or a mediocre costume, if you want you could just spend your allowance on bags or character slots....yada yada yada, you get the picture. If you want anything else, well then you have to buy Zen.

I think Secret World does that method. If they had that method I would even buy a founders pack right now.

I actually like this idea
  • hutchthegreathutchthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't you convert AD into Zen, similar to how you can convert gold into gems in GW2, or did I hear that wrong?
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    just dont buy anything, this way prices will drop sooner or later...
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't you convert AD into Zen, similar to how you can convert gold into gems in GW2, or did I hear that wrong?

You can sell your AD to other players for Zen
  • hutchthegreathutchthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    You can sell your AD to other players for Zen

Ah, ok. Thanks for the information.
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm a founder so I intend to use those Astral Diamonds to exchange for Zen to buy the most expensive luxury items, even if it's a mount I can't use for 40 or 50 levels because as I DO level, I'll make those diamonds back at a reasonable rate in-game to purchase the inexpensive items.

Being a founder also guarantees me a mount so I don't even have to use Diamonds for the one i'll need at level 20. I'll just have it :)

The prices are ok with me tbh. This is a F2P game from the ground up and while that excuse does tend to get old, it's still a fact that they have to make money. GW2, WoW and so on have cheaper items because they are backed by box sales as well as whatever Xpacs they come out with.

Not so here.

It's all in the store. Naturally the most sought after items are going to be expensive. If you want them bad enough, save up with in-game assets.

Doing it that way merely challenges your patience rather than your wallet and I think we ALL prefer that.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    druid2009 wrote: »

TSW does not. I have an LTS there, there are still things in the cash shop that you must purchase, either through spending real money or with your stipend. PWE is one of the few companies where you can at least grind in game if you choose to and trade it for the RMT currency.