test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Menzo Renegage Drow traits?

byteboy111byteboy111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Library
Any word on the actual racial abilities of the Menzo Drow?
Post edited by byteboy111 on

Comments

• losbin68losbin68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 79
    edited April 2013
    byteboy111 wrote: »
    Any word on the actual racial abilities of the Menzo Drow?

you get a glow Faerie Fire and tattoo if you looking for something other than cosmetic you will be disappointed. stats mean nothing in this game its all about feats and skill points
  • byteboy111byteboy111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Racial stats and specials do mean something, otherwise they wouldn't have them would they? I wasn't asking how much they affect the game but what they are. I guess they have not released the info yet unless they have said they are exactly the same as the Drow.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I believe it will be Dex + Wis or Cha.

And stats do matter. For each point about 10, you'll basically get 1% more of something: More damage, more crit, faster recharge, longer control effects. It makes a difference.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • leefordleeford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I believe it will be Dex + Wis or Cha.

I asked a guy who posted a video on youtube with a drow what the creation stat bonuses were and he replied:
    +2 dex and +2 to cha or int
  • horsepophorsepop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    leeford wrote: »
    I asked a guy who posted a video on youtube with a drow what the creation stat bonuses were and he replied:
    +2 dex and +2 to cha or int
    could you link the video? I'd like to see how the Drow looks (other than the screeneies and whatnot here on the website) :)
  • losbin68losbin68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 79
    edited April 2013
    + 2 to one dex and int but in this game that is very little. Why would drow get +2 to cha no one likes the drow?
  • demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    losbin68 wrote: »
    + 2 to one dex and int but in this game that is very little. Why would drow get +2 to cha no one likes the drow?

Because the drow are elves and they are hauntingly beautifull? Also charisma isnt a races popularity score...
  • zzyatpwzzyatpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    losbin68 wrote: »

drows always have the +2cha option. and cha is not only represents a pretty face but also magic power within the blood. like soc and other cha-casters, they dont get their power from a pretty face. people dont like drow because they are evil and cruel, bot because they are ugly.
  • teknykkteknykk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd be inclined to say their stats will be +2 DEX with a choice of +2 CHA or +2 INT...makes more sense to me than +2 WIS as a choice. By default they have +2 DEX and +2 CHA in the rulebooks if I recall, prior to 4th they also had +2 INT as part of their positive bonuses...so it's more reasonable to assume INT will be favoured over WIS, considering they are extremely intelligent and I personally think they can be rather reckless so WIS doesn't really fit with them, even with their society of heavy worship.

But we'll have to wait and see in a few days, I hope it's +2 DEX and +2 CHA or +2 INT, so my Wizard actually gets something from their stats in a primary form.
  • cronis10000cronis10000 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am really conflicted whether I want to go drow or human for my CW. I want to play drow, but those extra 3 feat points may make a difference end game. I have the heros of the north pack if someone is wondering.
  • delushindelushin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yea main for me is CW but could it be that the Drow stat wise would be more suited to a Ranger or Rouge?
    "He who never fell, has never climbed"
    - Unknown
  • zzyatpwzzyatpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    i think drows would primarily for rogues and the upcoming ranger and warlock. cw drow would be beaten by human.