test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Interiors & Room Requests

crypticmapoliscrypticmapolis Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 240 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Please use this thread to post suggestions for new types of interiors for the custom interior editor. Suggestions can include:

- New room variations on existing environment kits/themes
- lighting and propping variations
- Completely new room types

As far as interior kits go, we currently have:

1. Sewers
2. House Interiors
3. Dungeon
4. Crypt
5. Royal Crypt
6. Small Caves
7. Large Caves
Post edited by crypticmapolis on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Just a quick fly-by wish!

I'd love more multi-layered ones all around like we see in the Crypt/Dungeons and bre-fab inn rooms and such!

As for an entire theme for a kit:
    1) Temple & Shrines!
    2) Elemental Planes!
    3) Large Ships (interior/exterior) which could serve as entire areas for a mission. Such could include seafaring, halruaan, and even spelljammer!
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I would like more house interiors.

Think there is only like one house interior.

Maybe make small house, medium house, large house, xtra large house (for like guild halls etc.).
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Small caves (not mine shafts that are called small caves) Like the large caves, only small like the mine shaft tiles.
    Dungeons that are not old and decrepit complete with that new dungeon smell! (this would include the jail part of the tile set with new jail cell rooms (smaller)).
    Crypts that are not 40-60 ft tall.
    Smaller sewers (again with the 40-60 ft tall tiles, you guys planning on a giant invasion?)
    More variation of taverns & Inns.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd simply like a differently skinned human interior. Houses tend to look a little similar right now. Wooden walls would be an example of a neat variation.
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    Crypts that are not 40-60 ft tall.
    Smaller sewers (again with the 40-60 ft tall tiles, you guys planning on a giant invasion?)
    You can bet the ceilings are for camera reasons.
  • glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would like to see chasms in corridors needing a bridge to cross (many ways to achieve that) - just having normal corridors limits some story lines and opportunities.

1) Shear drop
    2) Fast river
    3) Lava
    4) Ice flow

Some way to damage player if fall in and return to spawn point.
  • glumm66glumm66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Candles and candlabras with point lights set to high attenuation (small area of cast light).

Thanks!
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    glumm66 wrote: »
    Candles and candlabras with point lights set to high attenuation (small area of cast light).

Thanks!

Wrong thread.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As I said elsewhere, we are in dire need of:-

Inside:-
    Organic rooms (goo, slime falling from organic/living surface)
    Electric rooms - the walls of which are made from thick clouds and there is lightning shooting out from the walls.
    More inns (ship inn like Leviathan?)
    More houses
    Igloo
    Tunnels

Outside:-
    Temples (white polished marble stone-ish ones which glow in moonlight)
    Temple of Justice (Tyr) in PE should be available as a seperate building for outside.
    Large floor which is thick so it can be set on uneven ground for making buildings.
    More beams variation to hold roof in place.
    Earthmotes with diameter more than the aggro radius of the encounters where a person can be sent.

~~~~~~~~~

Lights:-
    More Radiant lights. We have very few for divine things.

~~~~~~~~~

Props:-
    Elvish props (Treehugging version)
    Dragon props (aka treasure pile and corpse pile)
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> props (various kind of filth commonly found in lairs, like troll trash, dragon <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, wolf's half-eaten and rotting bodies etc. with a green smoke over it to show stink)
    Human props - not enough yet.
  • astralechoastralecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For the sake of reusing existing assets and also tweaking layouts, I'd first like to see custom interiors using styles available on prefab maps. This includes (though the list isn't complete):
    • Castle (Castle Never, Plaguetower, etc.)
    • Volcanic Dungeon
    • Other natural-style caverns (ice caves, forest caves with tree roots)
    • Chasm-style Caverns
    • Illithid

As far as entirely new assets go, I'd like to see some of the following:
    • Temple Interiors
    • Drow Building Interiors
    • Dwarven Interiors
    • Lastly, I'd like to second the above request for "organic"/fleshy interiors like the insides of a giant beast.
    astralsig.png
    -= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
    WebsiteRecruitment
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can bet the ceilings are for camera reasons.

I would agree but dungeon, small cave and human interior force me to disagree.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ice caves.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    more Taverns/Inns, maybe add The Source Stone Tavern layout(The Source Stone Tavern is in my quest)
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited April 2013
    Actually, would love to see more building blocks. I love the premade stuff but I want to express my creativity by building my own room types. If I had parts to work with, different panels, types of stone, frames, wallpaper, I don't know how this would work with doors anywhere. We would need a few door skins that fit the 20x20 model that we could pop into generic walls that we could place our panels against. Would also love more generic premade rooms. Different sizes and shapes.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    celantra wrote: »
    Actually, would love to see more building blocks. I love the premade stuff but I want to express my creativity by building my own room types. If I had parts to work with, different panels, types of stone, frames, wallpaper, I don't know how this would work with doors anywhere. We would need a few door skins that fit the 20x20 model that we could pop into generic walls that we could place our panels against. Would also love more generic premade rooms. Different sizes and shapes.
    major yes on the make your own rooms
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kimbyrkimbyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1) Shadow plane, Elemental Planes etc.
    2) Temples and churches.
    3) Caves and Dungeons with multi-layers going down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Dark Wizard Campaign
    Search for @kimbyr
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Imported from old Beta Foundry Forums, please do continue to use this folks as it has been requested by the Devs!
  • drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Clean looking human castle tile sets. Why should I have to use the inn template to try and simulate a king's throne room?

A real Orc based tileset.

Farfetched request based on selfish notions - a drakedge 2 exclusive planescape tile set muwhahahahahahahhaha!?
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • wesleyericwesleyeric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the idea that ships are a fun idea to play with! Same with bandit hideouts that normal houses are maybe a little too neat for.

Biggest thing, though, is that I think you have a good variety of indoor types, but could use more room variations within each of those types. The same basic L-room - Hallway - Box Room structure gets a little old through multiple Foundry playthroughs.

I would also love a little more sensitivity in regards to placing encounters and items in chambers with multiple floors. Caves in particular have a great many issues placing encounters onto the floor of, say, the spiral ramp room. The encounters just end up at the bottom of the cave or, at best, on the first level. Without the ability to 3D Edit encounter units, it becomes very frustrating trying to place an enemy in the right space using only the Z-axis, which is tricky in most circumstance.

Love that the devs are open to new ideas though! Lot of good ideas here!
    Echoes of Providence: A Campaign! NWS-DD6DRTTVH
    #Story #Combat #Exploration #Long #Solo
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So many +1's to the stuff already in here, especially the small cave that is actually a small cave and not a mine.

Some things I'd love:
    • ceilings for all existing map types including caves, sometimes you want to create claustrophobia.
    • Walls that make sense, all the walls in the game have a "trim line" at just about chest height for the player/npcs and then 2/3rds or more of their space above that. This makes all the characters feel VERY small compared to the homes they live in. Not to mention hanging a painting that suddenly has to be 12 feet up at it's top so it's bottom doesn't collide with the trim.
    • Movable lights on the preset light sources. I can't count the number of times if I turn on torches it puts one in a walk way that I can't move and if I turn it off and put in the same number I get far less light and have to resort to dynamic glows all over the room.
    • New light options such as a gutter near the ceiling along the walls filled with a constant burn (described in the 4th ed book as a standard practice in dungeons), as well as biolumnescient fungus.
    • A smaller version of the blood pool that is usable in smaller rooms
    • A pit filled with variable liquid (slime, lava, acid, blood, rancid water, fresh water)
    • More tile floor patterns, some of rough stone or cobbles
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • sheyjinsheyjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) Circular Rooms - Different sizes
    2) Halls that are slopped
    3) stairwells (Halls)
    4) caves - real caves - curved corridors, slopped corridors, no chasms in the caves.
    5) Secret doors
    6) Levers, Movable Doors, Movable Floors, Movable walls (they move when you pull a lever)
    7) The ability to make multi level dungeons/ Caves. i.e from collapsed floors or ceilings, Stairs.
    8) fix the placables so they dont fall thru the floor when you put them on a different level room.
    9) more variety of monsters.. slimes, cubes, Beholders, Giants, Ettins, Dire Animals, Treants, Trolls, Giant Spiders, Dragons, Lich
    Just look in the monster manuals.
    10) The ability to make NPC's (Boss) attack.
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Large Rooms with tall ceilings where we can make our own custom multi-level structures.
  • vesharanvesharan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are a ton of fantastic suggestions in this thread already and I haven't crossed checked my own list with what has already been noted but here are mine:

1) A catacomb or cairn set. Something with more of a dank, decaying, earthy feel to it and much more closed in/claustrophobic
    2) Gothic or 'dark feeling' castle set
    3) Building blocks to create custom rooms outside of the premade sets. The current selection is quite limiting and lacks variety.
    4) A tall vertical tower set/ability to add multiple structural levels connected by stairs or other means
    5) Dwarven interiors
    6) Drow interiors
    7) Caverns with a more 'underdark' feel... something Garumn's Gorge-esque
  • adjuchasbrokkadjuchasbrokk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please use this thread to post suggestions for new types of interiors for the custom interior editor. Suggestions can include:

- New room variations on existing environment kits/themes
    - lighting and propping variations
    - Completely new room types

As far as interior kits go, we currently have:

1. Sewers
    2. House Interiors
    3. Dungeon
    4. Crypt
    5. Royal Crypt
    6. Small Caves
    7. Large Caves

I'd like to see the following:

1. Indoor: A clean Castle set (like dungeon but in good condition).
    2. Indoor: Additional rooms for existing sets that are totally empty other than walls, a ceiling and a floor so that we can create create jumping puzzles or floating areas.
    3: Indoor: A mages tower set with library, alchemy and summoning type rooms.
    4: Outdoor: A coastal set with high cliffs and a rough sea crashing against them.
    5: Outdoor: A chasm style outdoor map with almost vertical cliffs into an abyss with walkways and doorways / cave entrances on the side of the cliff.
    6: Outdoor/Indoor: An Abyss Plane set.
    [Foundry Projects]
    The Sunken Castle
    - NW-DEO4EA5XG -
    - A story driven dungeon crawl! -
  • mattkiremattkire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Large Rooms with tall ceilings where we can make our own custom multi-level structures.

so totally agree. When I think of maps, I don't think 1 level.
  • darkenedeye1fdarkenedeye1f Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Customizable rooms where walls can be tilted and moved in or out, floors slanted, and ceilings raised and lowered.
    2. Small natural caves or tunnels
    3. Walls for every tile set, so that we can seal rooms or build secret doors in any room type.
    4. Moveable walls, corridors, doors and rooms (for puzzles and mazes)
    5. Trap rooms (ie rooms that are traps) and pit traps
    6. Temple tile set
    7. Customization with regards to room colour pallet, esp for temples and houses.
    8. Ship tile set.
  • demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have a good selection of rooms right now. The only thing that I think needs tweaking is the 'Small Caves' Room set, some of the rooms dont have doorways you can link together.

As to new rooms, I dont so much have a new rooms request as a new environment request. You have some very large 'floating islands' already in the foundry. What I would like is the ability to create and empty interior map, but rather than it being black, I would like to be able to make the environment....different. For example, purple swirly clouds with lightening in the clouds, or fiery lava all the way down at the bottom, with the ability to make the floaty islands float in this environment.

With that aside, here are some room I would like to see:

1: Ship Tile set, for RPG maps.
    2: Evil Temple Tile Set: Temple of Elemental Evil anyone?
    3: Natural Caves and Caverns: With trees, waterfalls, holes in the roof that let you see outside and allow light to come in etc, etc.
    4: Moving, rearranging maze: The ability to create rooms that slide around when reaching certain points. Rooms that are on a pivot so that when you enter one side, it tilts in that direction. (Not sure if that is possible.)
    5: The Abyss: As in the plane of existence.
    6: Hell: Thats right, hell. With fire, lava, demons, bones, rivers of blood...etc, etc.
    7: Underdark Tileset: A tile set for Under Mountain and the Under Dark. Its the most expansive dungeon in Faerun, it needs to be there.
    8: Myth Dranor: Yup, that ruined city of legend. It would also be funny if you could include wild magic fields.
    9: Multi leveled Dungeons: It would be nice to have stairs that lead up to rooms that move on into the dungeon from there. We would also like A Stairs exit, up and down.
    10: Water Table: The current water objects are just insufficient, they dont look right if you dont match them up perfectly. The ability to set a water table for a map of so many feet would be much easier and less hassle. Also, when you put down a water tile, dont make it cover the entire area so you cant see the map details underneath it.

Edit: Also, we need more rooms and details resources. Having the rooms set to 50, when corridors count as rooms, seriously limits what can be done. You cant make an epic dungeon crawl with just 50 rooms and 1500 details. I would pretty much add a further 1000 details and 100 rooms.

Edit 2: The ability to build cities in the foundry how they did it in the first Neverwinter Nights game. Just click and drag to make a line of city buildings for example, complete with fake doors and the like.
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Edit 2: The ability to build cities in the foundry how they did it in the first Neverwinter Nights game.
    Like these:
    image1
    image2
    image3

/I made those.
    //You can go into almost all of those buildings.
    ///slashies
  • talolan81talolan81 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need an interior castle/keep set. Others have mentioned it. It would be like the dungeon set, but not broken, and maybe a little more upscale. It would have to include several high ceiling rooms as well.
  • demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like these:
    image1
    image2
    image3

/I made those.
    //You can go into almost all of those buildings.
    ///slashies

Exactly like them. Was an awesome way to craft cities.