test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Open Beta and Beta weekend 4

aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Post edited by aescleal on

Comments

• eyewishuheaveneyewishuheaven Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aescleal wrote: »

Perfect timing I'm in another closed beta for another game this weekend so this works out great. Hopefully full controller support will be available by the open beta
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tch... aescleal already! April 30!
  • zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm very pleased and can't wait to play, but a little phrase make me wonder :
    How would you like to play Open Beta three days before anyone else? How about five days before anyone else? You can do so by becoming a Neverwinter Founder! Early access is just one of many exclusives our Neverwinter Founders receive.
    Does that meen that the early access of the Founder's pack is only for the open beta or for the open beta and the launch of the game ?
    Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)
  • unah1unah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    So happy. My birthday is April 13th so that means BW4 will fall on that weekend! :D
    ~~~~~Maeve Trinity :: Una Shinkicker~~~~~
    Grievance
    LiveStreaming (almost) Daily!
  • futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zorlun wrote: »

Does that meen that the early access of the Founder's pack is only for the open beta or for the open beta and the launch of the game ?

If there is a wipe between OB and Launch I would hope to see it for both. Otherwise what is the point right?
    If there isn't a wipe (which sometimes happens in F2P games, depends on how much they still need to fix I imagine) then I guess it wouldn't matter.
  • mkenna7mkenna7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    great looking forward to it
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Wonder if heroes of the north people get to start playing open beta on the 25th?
  • aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It sounded that way to me Krubar. I think they need to be a tad more clear.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    "There will be no character wipes or restricted access after the start of Open Beta." -Gamasutra

So Open Beta Characters will be launch characters. Your early access is applied only to Open Beta. The transition between Open Beta and Launch should be rather smooth.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    unah1 wrote: »
    So happy. My birthday is April 13th so that means BW4 will fall on that weekend! :D
    Great birthday gift! :D
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wife b-day is 20th :)
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zorlun wrote: »

Beta weekend 4 will be only for Founders' and any HotN Friend keys that have not yet been used.

Open beta is the actual launch - it is called open beta because there will be a LOT of patches (maybe even daily, sometimes even in the middle of the day depending on what glitches they find). Founders' will get early access to the Open Beta; presumed to be (I could be mistaken):

April 25th for HotN
    April 27th for Guardians

The "Official" launch will be when Cryptic has a big media event (you'll see big news articles in all the blogs and industry news about the grand opening of Neverwinter).

That's how I expect it all to unfold.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    For all intensive purposes MMO's are in a perpetual Open Beta. MMO's are, afterall, never truly finished and always get better with time.

"Launch" is and always will be a superficial semantism in any MMO which essentially means the game is considered as good as it will get at the time and virtually bug free. :p
  • aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "There will be no character wipes or restricted access after the start of Open Beta." -Gamasutra

So Open Beta Characters will be launch characters. Your early access is applied only to Open Beta. The transition between Open Beta and Launch should be rather smooth.
    This keeps getting better. I'm not a founder, so BW4 and early entry to OBT is out for me, but April 30 isn't that far away! Now we have a date to get excited about!
    Hmm, so is April 30 going to be the wear your NWO Beta pirate hat day?
  • sirqussirqus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28
    edited April 2013
    Beta weekend 4 will be only for Founders' and any HotN Friend keys that have not yet been used.

Open beta is the actual launch - it is called open beta because there will be a LOT of patches (maybe even daily, sometimes even in the middle of the day depending on what glitches they find). Founders' will get early access to the Open Beta; presumed to be (I could be mistaken):

April 25th for HotN
    April 27th for Guardians

The "Official" launch will be when Cryptic has a big media event (you'll see big news articles in all the blogs and industry news about the grand opening of Neverwinter).

That's how I expect it all to unfold.

Are you sure about that it's only the founder's who get to play on the beta weekend 4?
  • troncektroncek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Those who just got a BW3 key, will we be able to play BW4?
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited April 2013
    cant wait, got into the last weekend beta but the download was sooo slow i just gave up...so will finally be able to try out the classes and see which i like come 4/30
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Now someone make a NW Open Beta Countdown Gadget for my Desktop plz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aullah12aullah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    WoW... Im sad I cant participate in BW4... I was in BW2-3... god******.
  • daro40daro40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't wait to play this awesome game again! :)
  • fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aullah12 wrote: »
    WoW... Im sad I cant participate in BW4... I was in BW2-3... god******.

I think I read somewhere that everyone who was in BW3 would have access to further Beta Weekends as well. Wouldn't hurt to try.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    fr0gurt wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that everyone who was in BW3 would have access to further Beta Weekends as well. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Never hurts to try. Matter of fact I would try each day of the BW4. But Cryptic has stated on Twitter (Quote: "BW4 is actually an exclusive for Founders.") so I wouldn't get your hopes up. But personally I would try. You never know what could happen between now and the end of BW4. ;)
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
    edited April 2013
    Ok, so:

BW4, Founders Only

Then a character wipe, zen spent during closed beta restored

Open Beta launches, w/ Founders getting their 3/5 day head start
    ???

Am I getting that right?
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    daytonamax wrote: »
    Ok, so:

BW4, Founders Only

Then a character wipe, zen spent during closed beta restored

Open Beta launches, w/ Founders getting their 3/5 day head start
    ???

Am I getting that right?

Yes. After BW4, servers reopen on the 25th for HOTN, 27th for guardian, and 30th for all players
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Yes. After BW4, servers reopen on the 25th for HOTN, 27th for guardian, and 30th for all players

ok, and there will definitely be a character wipe and zen return before the OB?
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ok, and there will definitely be a character wipe and zen return before the OB?

yes. now with more then 10 characters!!!
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yep, exactly! Heroes of the North get 5 day early access to OBT, and Guardians of Neverwinter receive 3 day early access. :)
    krubar wrote: »
    Wonder if heroes of the north people get to start playing open beta on the 25th?
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
    edited April 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Yep, exactly! Heroes of the North get 5 day early access to OBT, and Guardians of Neverwinter receive 3 day early access. :)

and you can confirm a character wipe after BW4? with the return of Closed Beta used zen upon wipe?

edit:
    sominator wrote: »
    Correct - there will be a wipe before headstart/OBT, but not after! :)
    ok, that question answered.
    and the zen is being returned?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    ok, that question answered.
    and the zen is being returned?

There's a sticky on that in Beta Forums.