test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What class is the most popular?

almireldignoralmireldignor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
From what I've seen on the forums so far, GF seems to be the most popular, but I want to find out if it really is, and if so, what order do the runners-up come in?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Any votes that aren't for trickster rogues are from people who are going to play trickster rogue and don't want it to be so popular.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I saw many Devoted Clerics. Plethoras even.
  • erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited March 2013
    This is often the case with low level characters, but how many of these players are going to stick with their Cleric to level cap and through endgame content?
    Also, with only 5 classes available, an overpopulation of a particular class is sort of understandable.
  • number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've seen a poll like this before and I can assure you that the most popular class is in fact the Trickster Rogue. I personally want to play as the Brawny Rogue (armed with a rapier and a epee) but it might be a while before that class comes out.

EDIT: Why can't I use special characters?
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    From what I've seen on the forums so far, GF seems to be the most popular, but I want to find out if it really is, and if so, what order do the runners-up come in?

Not sure where you has been getting your info but it obviously wasn't from these forums.
    Most popular/most played class be the Rogue. No contest.
    GF be one of the least played classes.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • anonii27anonii27 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    in the beta, 75% of TRogue
  • almireldignoralmireldignor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »

Not sure where you has been getting your info but it obviously wasn't from these forums.
    Most popular/most played class be the Rogue. No contest.
    GF be one of the least played classes.
    I think the areas I looked at were pre-GF nerf, because most of the areas i saw GF-preferrance posts were before the BW3 date :eek:
  • gigaplexedgigaplexed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For me it's been difficult to tell which is more popular because of the parties I've been in, because I've ran across an overabundance of Trickster Rogues and Control Wizards. No big surprise though, they are both insanely fun.
  • jirodynejirodyne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I played the cleric the entire weekend most. With a little bit of the guardian and a tiny 4 levels of GWF. I have to admit tho, after watching Totalbiscit, and all the talk in his video about the rogue, The Cleric will be my first character, and Rogue will probably be my second.
    Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    Ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
  • ganndogganndog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've played cw to 37, gf to 25, cleric to 16 and 4 lvls gwf. I'm still not sure what class I will play at launch. GF was hardest for me at graveyard lvl but should ve done a foundry or 2. I enjoy aspects of them all. I won't play TR solely because it is overplayed and will remain so; not a compaint, I think it's great. People say play the class that you enjoy the most...but when your in a group with 3 TR and thinking what it would be like to have a GF, well maybe I wish I was one! Also, as a GF possibly the AH will be overflowing with loot for you at decent prices - advantages to being least played. Hypothetically, at launch there is an additional class - what impact will that have on peep's plans I wonder? In other words, I'm still deciding...
    'Get me out of this hell hole.'
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Any votes that aren't for trickster rogues are from people who are going to play trickster rogue and don't want it to be so popular.

I personally dislike the Trickster Rogue. Though I've never been a fan of Rogue/assassin classes in any game, both from a gameplay perspective, and that they seem to attract all the tweens who want to play <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and have a bad attitude. Now that's not to say the other classes won't have people exactly like that, but from my experience, rogues/assassin classes seem to end up having a greater percentage of those kind of people than the more likeable ones.

My main will likely be a Control Wizard. I found them incredibly fun during BW3, and barring any huge nerfs from CBT to OB, will gladly play one to 60. For a sub, I'd probably pick Guardian Fighter. It was the only other class that could hold my attention longer than 20 levels in CBT.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    I have to be honest, the Cleric is my favorite NWO class right now. The Control Wizard changes and fixes have been bringing the CW back closer to being my favorite however. It is rare that I like any class over a mage class in an MMO, indeed. It is even rarer for me to enjoy any Melee Class at all in an MMO with casters and yet, I love all the classes so far, even the melees.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    While I am a Cleric at heart (healer), I find it rather boring due to various things and while I would default to a GF after that, I find GF to be frustratingly inefficient due to not being able to tank more than a few mobs. As such, GWF is my choice night now and will probably be such as launch.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I had every intention of going a Cleric heal bot but well it doesn't really seem fee-sable(too much of a challenge now).... so now i have decided to be a Great Weapon fighter and mayhaps if i get bored at 60 level up a cleric if there is a need/shortage of healers after launch.
  • altyrealtyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    As someone who mostly played a rogue in the beta, I'm surprised there are votes for other classes - the level of polish on the rogue compared to the other classes is stellar, not to mention just how much fun the class is in general.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    altyre wrote: »
    As someone who mostly played a rogue in the beta, I'm surprised there are votes for other classes - the level of polish on the rogue compared to the other classes is stellar, not to mention just how much fun the class is in general.

One has to wonder if Rogue is so popular due to how polished it feels... GF is the "newest" of the classes in this list and it shows as it is perhaps the least defined of all the classes thus far. Could this be the reason for GF's unpopularity?
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • darkknight2015darkknight2015 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well...i can say dat i had alot of fun with my TR........u move like a true ninja,u can just vanish,and suddenly appear behind your enemy
    and BOOOM!.........honestly its the most awesome class in my opinion .......but i dont wanna it be popular so i can get the whole power :p
  • ziechezieche Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »

Whaaaaaa? Nooooo! ... OK maybe a little.... alot... probably.
  • mogwaimogwai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    poll results are messed up, i think ppl did not understand the question

judging by all the ruckus in closed beta 2 & 3 cleric is/was clearly the most popular
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • ganndogganndog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mogwai wrote: »

judging by all the ruckus in closed beta 2 & 3 cleric is/was clearly the most popular

After beta 3 and the scandal of the healing nerf, possibly not so popular now; though I wouldn't bet against the odds of a resurgence for launch.
    'Get me out of this hell hole.'
  • tacc4990tacc4990 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Rogue will without a doubt be the most popular class. Which is unfortunate cause I really want to play a Rogue but I hate being the overpopulated class >.<
  • samnich7samnich7 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really hope multiclassing will become an option. I've always loved to mix rogue with something else. Can't live without trap disable or open lock >o<
  • altyrealtyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    tacc4990 wrote: »
    Rogue will without a doubt be the most popular class. Which is unfortunate cause I really want to play a Rogue but I hate being the overpopulated class >.<

Assuming the other classes get some polish between now and the release, that may change - the main reason the rogue is so popular is that it does its job incredibly well, and it feels quite fun to play; the other classes feel clunky or buggy, and one can hope that'll change.

That said, people like playing assassins - that's just a fact of MMOs.
  • almireldignoralmireldignor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    altyre wrote: »
    Assuming the other classes get some polish between now and the release, that may change - the main reason the rogue is so popular is that it does its job incredibly well, and it feels quite fun to play; the other classes feel clunky or buggy, and one can hope that'll change.

That said, people like playing assassins - that's just a fact of MMOs.
    Agreed. :cool:
  • futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mogwai wrote: »
    Not surprising, the poll is two separate questions:
    What's your favorite BW3 class?
    What Class Is The Most Popular?

OP screwed up.
  • cuba10cuba10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i played all classes and there are goods classes in this game for me the best one is Trickster Rogue and the Cleric but Wizard and Guardian look good though
  • freehugs9freehugs9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Control Wizard for me, although I might change my mind after I've actually played.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will be running a Devoted Cleric as main myself and maybe a Guardian Fighter as an alt (until some form of melee cleric comes along atleast). That said I saw alot of rogues running around in the betas followed up by the cleric. This did not factor in the desire to try the new classes during their beta weekend.

Long Live the Dwarven Empires of Old.
  • kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I too dislike playing the most popular class, but what other people pick or don't shouldn't influence your choice if it means sacrificing your own fun.

That said we desperately need more classes for the non striker roles, particularly defender since the GF seems the least liked class. To bad Cryptic decided to work on yet 2 more striker classes first (I'm considering the GWF a striker since that's how the majority will try to play it).
  • altodarraltodarr Member Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    I'm considering the GWF a striker since that's how the majority will try to play it

And that's completely wrong.
    You are wasting the class if you don't play it as both a defender and a striker at the same time.