test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

thief question

solidptsolidpt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Thieves' Den
can thief use bow?

is or will we have a ranger/archer class i this game ?
Post edited by solidpt on

Comments

• valadilvaladil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited March 2013
    The Trickster Rogue cannot use a bow at this time (nor is it likely they ever will be able to)

It is speculated that there will be a ranger/archer class in the game, but nothing is confirmed yet.
    Valadil - Eq2/WoW/DDO/WAR
    Praesumo in Obscurum
  • number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's rogues, not thieves. Unless you're playing First Edition. But, no. As it stands the only range attack we have are the throwing daggers and in the immediate future I suspect a pure melee rogue. Maybe down the line we'll get a crossbow rogue (I don't remember any of the Martial Power class builds but I'm sure there was a ranged Rogue).

As for a ranger/archer class; coincidentally there is a class, one that is suspect to be out on launch, called the Archer Ranger which will most likely use a longbow (and probably a longsword as a sub-weapon).
  • midnightiusmidnightius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's rogues, not thieves. Unless you're playing First Edition. But, no. As it stands the only range attack we have are the throwing daggers and in the immediate future I suspect a pure melee rogue. Maybe down the line we'll get a crossbow rogue (I don't remember any of the Martial Power class builds but I'm sure there was a ranged Rogue).

As for a ranger/archer class; coincidentally there is a class, one that is suspect to be out on launch, called the Archer Ranger which will most likely use a longbow (and probably a longsword as a sub-weapon).

In 4th Edition the Rogue started off with the hand crossbow proficiency...maybe we'll get that weapon eventually
  • rkv13rkv13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Plans are to add the Archer Ranger in around the same time they make the Scourge Warlock (so I've heard). Rogues are melee.
    8.jpg