test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stealth is for more than just survivability

rkv13rkv13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2013 in The Thieves' Den
So I know that at least one encounter power deals extra (I believe 50% extra) damage when used from stealth, and I imagine several others get extra bonuses from using while stealthed as well. It's sort of like the Clerics' Channel Divinity feature that builds as you fight and needs to be expended as often as possible to play the class at full effectiveness.

What I'm curious about is how many of you Rogues utilize stealth every time it come available in order to take full advantage of these perks?
8.jpg
Post edited by rkv13 on

Comments

• prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I stealth almost every time I can. The sneak attack passive gives you +25% bonus damage while in stealth, so it's definitely worth using as often as possible. I take Shadow Strike so I can refill my stealth meter at will, too.
  • mogwaimogwai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i played around with it more after lv 20 something & next chance i get i'm goin' full ninja > : D
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • nimayianimayia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I had a level 40. By 20 + i could go stealth for a long time. When surrounded by enemies, i'd teleport behind them, stealth, use my at will attack Sly-Flourish untill my bar get close to finish, go for the skill which seemed to silence, slow and incapacitate enemies.(which has animation time reduced by 50% while stealth) At will attacks again to use the time my target is incapacitated to build some damage and use my shadow strike, which i think is the one to refill my stealth bar and slow the target at the same time.
    In some cases i'd activate my daily which gives me stealth bar regen plus some damage burst with the coated daggers. by this time at will attacks + stealth hits really hard.
    23.jpg
  • valadilvaladil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited March 2013
    I got up to 36 on my Rogue during BW3, and pretty much used stealth exclusively. While soloing (which was pretty much all I did to be honest) I had the following setup.

At-Will - sly florish (think was name anyway, build up to 3 attacks that puts a bleed effect on enemy)
    At-Will - Gloaming Strike (used to finish off minions or if a big enemy was close to death, refilled stealth bar to full - also had feat that made it refill a little every time you stuck with it)
    Encounter - Big *** knife attack, can't recall name lol
    Encounter - Bait and Switch - used this to refill stealth bar and distract enemies for combat advantage
    Encounter - AoE Knife skill - can't remember name, but made a bunch of blades come up out of the ground and did dmg to anything in the area, started off every fight with this skill, then would drop into stealth and start killin)
    Daily - The one that refilled your stealth bar as you attacked, let you stay in stealth for like 40 seconds with the other abilities.

With this setup, going into stealth every time I could and maintaining it for as long as possible, I was sololing those Pit Fiends for the Event with all the Ashmadi (can't recall zone, think Helm's Hold though), was dishing out massive dmg and almost never even got hit, let alone had to use potions. I was using the Cleric Companion though.

Most fights went like this -

Run into group of enemies, pop AoE dot spell
    Drop into stealth, start killing minions with Gloaming Strike
    Once stealth is about to drop, hit Bait & Switch to refill, start beating up the big guy with sly flourish
    When it's about to drop again, hit enemy with big *** knife.

if the encounter had a really big guy in it (like the pit fiend) do same thing, except hit daily as soon as I drop into stealth the first time.
    Valadil - Eq2/WoW/DDO/WAR
    Praesumo in Obscurum