test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Q2 Release Date

Comments

• Options
    blowchunksblowchunks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 81
    edited March 2013
    Could also be end of June....
  • Options
    sent8sent8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited March 2013
    If that's full release then open beta should be right around the corner. Unless of course they are considering open beta as their release.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    xbotzxbotz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited March 2013
    blowchunks wrote: »
    Could also be end of June....
    True true...But someone posted a schedule somewhere and I swear I saw 5/3/13 as a live streaming date....I wish I knew where I saw this...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cynder78cynder78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    assuming that they are talking actual Q2 and not fiscal Q2. anyone know when fiscal year starts for PWE?
    Yorn
    -={Old Timers Guild}=-
  • Options
    jkap92jkap92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Pretty sure it would mean fiscal Q2.

Not sure why this is really "news" though. Early 2013 = first half of 2013 q2 = first half of 2013, q2 = early 2013... Nothing new here unless its fiscal 2013 in which case it might be a bit later than expected but either ways this really isn't anything new.
  • Options
    daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    We all want to know...

When will then be now?

Three Things I KNOW About Cryptic Studios:

1. "Starfleet and Klingon. Yeah. So two factions, full PvE content." - Jack Emmert, CEO Cryptic Studios, Gen Con August 10th, 2008

2. "Plans change." - Stephen D'Angelo, acting STO EP, 2011

3. "Soon"....
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Sadly plans do change but better late than never, eh?

That's why I say plans shouldn't be public info until they are finalized ;)
    Kinks in the plan cause all sorts of chaos.
  • Options
    dlcarterdlcarter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Still not saying a date.
    http://www.gameskinny.com/hyoi4/game...or-neverwinter
    Possibly another closed beta weekend before open beta.
    I would think this guy knows a lot more about it than most of us.
    The CEO who more than likely knows what he is talking about is claiming they may have another beta weekend before the open beta.
    Some open beta can last a month or even months. Hard to find game bugs until you have a large population and lots of different group (party) make ups. The Devs at Turbine DDO have learned this the hard way.
    DDO is bug ridden and they have been keeping up the preview or open beta server up for a long time.
    DDO is also sort of free 2 play no player generated content, and they are planning another Summer Paid Expansion.
    I figure we will see Neverwinter go live before DDO's paid expansion does.
    One thing said during the 2nd quarter of 2013
    First if you look at quarters it depends.
    Definition of 'Quarter - Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4'
    A three-month period on a financial calendar that acts as a basis for the reporting of earnings and the paying of dividends. A quarter refers to one-fourth of a year and is typically expressed as "Q." The four quarters that make up the year are: January, February and March (Q1); April, May and June (Q2); July, August and September (Q3); and October, November and December (Q4). A quarter is often shown with its relevant year, as in Q1 2012 or Q1/12, which represents the first quarter of the year 2012.
    So if it is not launched by Sunday "Doubtful" could be in the next 3 months, more likely.
    Now I was not born all knowing. There are some posts saying there will be no open beta. Perhaps they should tell that to the boss so he can get on board. For the rest of us myself included it is just speculation. If it is after the 3rd at least I will be able to get me best founders pack.
    I am not lost, I am exploring. All who wander are not lost.
    Not all who seem to be lost want to be found.
    :D
  • Options
    rkriderrkrider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 80
    edited March 2013
    Perfect world co ltd PWRD fiscal year end is Dec 30
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've ridden through the deserts of Athas on a Horse made of Flame....
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If they will released after couple months thats suck i was excited to play this game now im not waiting 2 months to open it its too much i already purchased the starter kit and i was close to buy the hero pack but now i wont buy until we know when the real release of this game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    dlcarter:
    Quarters....for businesses.....dont run that way. Quite literally, quarters are only a duration, so that it could be...like the computer company I work for...Feb to Apr is Q1..... /boggle
  • Options
    incisusincisus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've read mixed things. Some people speculate early April, others say late June.

When do YOU think it will be released? Obviously our opinions are strictly speculation, as nothing is official. Just curious.

I just bought my Guardian pack, and I'm super excited!
  • Options
    valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My guess is an open beta starting early-mid April, followed by a release in late April. (My logic is that they probably want to get this released before the STO expansion on May 21.)
  • Options
    incisusincisus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    valasqua wrote: »
    My guess is an open beta starting early-mid April, followed by a release in late April. (My logic is that they probably want to get this released before the STO expansion on May 21.)

Have they confirmed an open beta? I've not seen one official piece of information stating there will be an open beta, not even an official post speaking of an open beta.
  • Options
    seraphimdoseraphimdo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited March 2013
    Paying for a 5 day head start for open beta is kind of an official standing.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The CEO also said they where gonna have a beta (and possibly a bw4) in a video recently, but we will see, at least the target of Q1 2013 can be forgotten, Q2 seems more likley now.
  • Options
    rkriderrkrider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 80
    edited March 2013
    Qtr 2 was confirmed in pwi financial call. So no more then another 90 day's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've ridden through the deserts of Athas on a Horse made of Flame....
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    rkrider wrote: »
    Qtr 2 was confirmed in pwi financial call. So no more then another 90 day's

The suspense is killing me, I want to play now!

Seriously, I just saw a video on Neverwinter 3 days ago, and I'm hooked from what I've seen. I seriously cannot wait, I have no idea how to pass the time.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    llelowyn13llelowyn13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jkap92 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it would mean fiscal Q2.

Not sure why this is really "news" though. Early 2013 = first half of 2013 q2 = first half of 2013, q2 = early 2013... Nothing new here unless its fiscal 2013 in which case it might be a bit later than expected but either ways this really isn't anything new.

Private business tends to follow the 1/1/20XX timeline (calendar year) for fiscal year. Only the government follows 10/1/20XX fiscal year quarters, that I know of.
    "A True Friend Stabs You in the Front."
    ~Oscar Wilde~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at what the Great Weapon Fighter can do, he's so OP!"
    ~Andy Velasquez~
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zieglerz wrote: »
    dlcarter:
    Quarters....for businesses.....dont run that way.

Neither do ellipses.

/boggle

Anyway, PWE follows a fiscal calendar as does 65% of other publicly traded companies in the US. 5 minutes on Google will yield PWEs 10-Qs as well as their 10-K. Q2 for PWE is April-June.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    cynder78 wrote: »
    assuming that they are talking actual Q2 and not fiscal Q2. anyone know when fiscal year starts for PWE?

1/1/20XX

/google
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dlcarterdlcarter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Best check that http://www.investopedia.com/terms/q/quarter.asp
    it is from business info also logic 12 months /4 =? 3 months
    Worked for a few large Corps Honeywell and others and that is the quarters they go by
    April, May and June (Q2)
    http://www.ehow.com/about_5040863_business-quarter-system.html
    anyone can do a web srearch
    I am not lost, I am exploring. All who wander are not lost.
    Not all who seem to be lost want to be found.
    :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    dlcarter wrote: »
    Best check that http://www.investopedia.com/terms/q/quarter.asp
    it is from business info also logic 12 months /4 =? 3 months
    Worked for a few large Corps Honeywell and others and that is the quarters they go by
    April, May and June (Q2)
    http://www.ehow.com/about_5040863_business-quarter-system.html
    anyone can do a web srearch

Are you posting
    from a phone or something? Why are your
    posts always oddly
    formated?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    llelowyn13llelowyn13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    1/1/20XX

/google

http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/pdf/13_03_en_final.pdf

/also Google
    ~Oscar Wilde~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Andy Velasquez~
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    llelowyn13 wrote: »

You can't /google if you hand them the answer in a link. That defeats the /google powah. ARGH!!

I'm surrounded by keyboard noobs!!1!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    silver44swordsilver44sword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Q2 would represent anywhere in between beginning of april to the end of june.

"Please oh please...april", but then the longer they postpone it, the more work they can do on optimizing and adding extra content like classes hopefully and........

vaskesh.jpg
    "please oh please....the lizardman race!"
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    please o please may, since april I won't have enough leave saved up yet at my new job for early access, and june I am stuck going to a bunch of friend's weddings :p
    Selfish ftw!
    ~Oscar Wilde~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Andy Velasquez~
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    He's likely referring to the calendar quarter, not the business quarter.

Business quarters, depend on the business, and sometimes are set in motion at the time of incorporation. For example, for the business I work for, the business calendar begins on April 1, (start of calendar second quarter).

Anyway, you can bank it: this game will release in May.

By the way, read the entire article, it's an interesting read. Clearly some of the translation at times is really rough, but you really walk away with Cryptic's business scheme for the next 24 months, which is:

1. Rapidly increase development of web and mobile based gaming (slowly moving way from big PC MMOs it seems). They are ramping up big time here, which is why you see shareholders complaining about the steep rise in R&D.

2. "Kick the gamer" (their quote, not mine) when F2P games first launch, then gradually dial back how aggressive your pricing is as the game fades and loses its users.

From that you can extrapolate some reasonable hypothesis:

1. Neverwinter is going to slowly atrophy its development after release, probably not noticeable at first, but over time it will fade.

2. Expect really high prices for things at launch, they will test to see what the threshold is on things. Then watch how things that don't sell, are quickly scaled back in price.

I have no problem with either one of these two tactics, but that's pretty clearly what they intend to do based on this article.

Also, as I stated before in other threads, I really fear that PC gaming is starting to die. It isn't dead, but I'd say it has "jumped the shark".
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ryger5 wrote: »
    He's likely referring to the calendar quarter, not the business quarter.

Business quarters, depend on the business, and sometimes are set in motion at the time of incorporation. For example, for the business I work for, the business calendar begins on April 1, (start of calendar second quarter).

Anyway, you can bank it: this game will release in May.

This was covered earlier.

PWE's Q2 = April-June
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    silver44swordsilver44sword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Seriously, I just saw a video on Neverwinter 3 days ago, and I'm hooked from what I've seen. I seriously cannot wait, I have no idea how to pass the time.

Just like everyone else who is a D&D fan...

Play some PnP, study some lore, buy some source material, play some other[cough]mmo's, eat, drink and be merry and all that other jazz!!