test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Selfheal reduced by 50% -Cleric

jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvE Discussion
I usually (always) heal myself. these tick for about 48 per tick. I healed my dog and it was ticking for 188. Now I didn't see the lightning icon (which i believe is a crit) but isnt 188/48 only 3.91. Which I, assume, is about 1/4 healing to myself; not half.

Is my math really that bad or is there a bug with the selfhealing?
Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
Post edited by jetah on

Comments

• diothaighdiothaigh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's a 75% reduction, despite saying it's only 50%. Your math is correct - and yes, it's probably a bug.

Either way, the trait should be "Causes your heals to do 50% more when cast on others", not "Causes your heals to do -50% (should say -75%) when used on yourself" IMHO.
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    diothaigh wrote: »
    It's a 75% reduction, despite saying it's only 50%. Your math is correct - and yes, it's probably a bug.

Either way, the trait should be "Causes your heals to do 50% more when cast on others", not "Causes your heals to do -50% (should say -75%) when used on yourself" IMHO.

OH! 75% less on myself... great!!! No wonder I've downed pots like I was playing Diablo 2.

I agree having the wording changed will be much better upon live. Hearing 50% stronger on allies/friendly targets is much better.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • ronbo68ronbo68 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Having got to level 38 I would have to say that 50% less on your self sucked majorly. I was chugging pots like they were my favorite beer. Now finding out it was actually 75% makes it really a bummer and now I understand why. I agree the wording should be changed or maybe heal for more when healing others. I still had fun playing my cleric but it was just a little annoying when healing myself. lol :)

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, was that in the last beta weekend? If not then why add it? lol
  • iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah the "surprise" +25% reduced healing was less than fun to deal with. The only healing issues I ran into this beta were healing myself, never others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • glocknergamingglocknergaming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would not mind the -75% self-healing nerf if Cleric was compensated with an invulnerable dodge like the other two dodge-based classes had. With the self-healing so diminished I don't think the additional EHP accounts for our inability to avoid some incoming damage any longer.
  • koriel8koriel8 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The reduction in cleric self-healing is overkill. Clerics now have the fewest survivability tools and must use more potions than other classes. That, combined with the broken threat management where clerics pull aggro off other party members, means the class is no longer fun in it's present state.
  • kiry3kiry3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited March 2013
    Agreed. I felt like I was playing any other class that doesn't have a heal and taking pots...except I dont have the dps as those other classes....feels very weird.
  • frogofwarsfrogofwars Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If it is really -75% to self-healing that is way too much. It should be only -20% to self-healing at the most. Also threat management is terrible for clerics.
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I personally think that reducing self-healing artificially is going to end up badly. It's a cop-out for real balance and handling design flaws.

Last two BWE before this, Cleric and rogue were cited as the most fun classes to play, repeatedly. CW was the worst, followed by GF. It's sort of telling that the developer action was to nerf the cleric, rather than bringing up the other classes to be as fun as those two are.

All you have to do is reduce the reliance of the other classes on potions (most have a self-heal ability, so all you'd have to do is buff this ability).

There, fixed. Everyone's super.
  • quickthornquickthorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was one of those who cited rogue and cleric as the two classes I'd most likely play, last time. Rogue I enjoyed and while I didn't find cleric anywhere near as fun, the heals were satisfying and helped make up for the slower rate of killing mobs when solo. Now it's tediously slow solo, I need to use potions and in a group, my heals are grabbing more aggro. If it's not fun to level people will play it less and then you'll have a lack of healers later. Not the best idea in a trinity based game.
  • wergonsmithwergonsmith Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lanessar13 wrote: »
    I personally think that reducing self-healing artificially is going to end up badly. It's a cop-out for real balance and handling design flaws.

Last two BWE before this, Cleric and rogue were cited as the most fun classes to play, repeatedly. CW was the worst, followed by GF. It's sort of telling that the developer action was to nerf the cleric, rather than bringing up the other classes to be as fun as those two are.

All you have to do is reduce the reliance of the other classes on potions (most have a self-heal ability, so all you'd have to do is buff this ability).

There, fixed. Everyone's super.

The problem they face is that some people complain that it is too easy. What they really need is a “Nerf me, it’s too easy” button. This will allow those who want more of a challenge to have it and those who like it more casual can have it that way. I believe what most games do is have the normal quest line be casual, and the dungeons and raids be more difficult. I for one never play the raids as it is not my style.

For me the biggest thing about the self-healings was the down time between combats. My Trickster Rogue goes from combat to combat drinking the potions and kicking backside. This is real fun. My Cleric finishes a combat where I had to drink a bunch of potions. I want to conserve the potions for combat so I need to stand there and keep doing heals on myself until I am fully healed.
  • ronbo68ronbo68 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The last two betas I have played a cleric for solo and a GF with the fiancee. I honestly had a blast with both of them. I felt the cleric was just about right because you don't have a lot of dmg and make up for it with being able to heal through when neccessary. It wasn't easy mode for me because there were some places I did die a few times or was severely challenged and that was awesome. If they want to make changes I can see maybe a 20% reduction or something like that but 50-75% and you have a lot of down time or blowing a lot of gold for pots.

I do agree that when they are folks who feel it is way to easy and complain there is no challenge that Devs gets jumpy. For me (and I am sure there may be others) that even not including the healing reduction, once I got to mid 20s to early 30s, it started slowing down. Now I am sure there are some min-maxers or hard core players who will want to fly through the levels and that is cool. But don't change something that was working to make it a challenge for others. Was that change even on the patch notes for this patch? I can remember.
  • mokahmokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, playing through with my cleric, it was really odd that healing didn't seem to do alot at higher levels...I'd like to see this adjusted a bit...and by bit I mean by 25% at least...
    Mokah - The Grumpy Strumpet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimwolf512grimwolf512 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can see that this was done to prevent clerics from being over powered but I agree that out of combat it was a drain and I too was drinking pots like a drunk. In combat I can understand the debuff. Out of combat I think it should be removed.
  • vu2govu2go Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Standing around after a fight and waiting to heal is one of the most boring things to do in a game. Maybe topped by covering long distances.
    The religious trait helped though. Setting up a portable altar every once in a while was fine by me...
    Nori

Pillars of Ashla

SW:TOR
    GW2
    Neverwinter

join us! http://pillars.enjin.com/
  • arkiiaarkiia Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sorry but Cleric classes already have reduced damage output and their primary job is to heal. There shouldn't be any penalty for self healing. If the cleric class seems too overpowered then it needs to be fine tuned downward, not beaten down with a hammer. You think after 14 years of MMO's devs would understand this.
  • ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited March 2013
    I Agree healing myself as a Cleric was harder after level 10 and I found myself using potions more, with the increased Self Healing Nerf. Prior I thought I could save some money and just use pots on emergencies - nope. Healing Others, not too bad.

A Cleric Pulling Aggro in a Party was common and it seemed ridiculous that as the best healing class I always found it tricky to keep myself easily up during this 3rd Beta Weekend. I agree Threat Management and the nerf Percentage needs some additional looking at imo. If Threat stays the way it is, Clerics need more survival tools. If the Percentage is going to stay high, then possibly Decrease the Nerf out of Combat might be at least practical and helpful.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2013
    Devs have commented on the issue. Self healing was miscalculated (nerfed more than expected) and aggro is to be adjusted.

It's going to be changed, all we can really do now is wait.
  • wergonsmithwergonsmith Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Makes you wonder if they are going to have a Beta Event 4 just as a final test.
  • darklor38darklor38 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, it seemed a bit odd that, as a cleric, I felt I was required to get a cleric companion just so I could heal myself.
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Its fine when they fix the bug. Even with the bug I was 100% ok in world play.

Dungeon bosses ... another story. Was touch and go potting every 12s
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    l1zardo1 wrote: »
    Its fine when they fix the bug. Even with the bug I was 100% ok in world play.

Dungeon bosses ... another story. Was touch and go potting every 12s

What level and zone were you 100% "okay"?