test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

6th class spot?

pandadance24pandadance24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Has anyone seen something on that 6th spot this last beta in the classes? like if it would be out on launch or even what it may be?
Post edited by pandadance24 on

Comments

• kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    Well there info in the game files on a bow ranger and a Warlock, theres a post on these forums made a little while back saying the next planned class to be released is the Tempest (melee) ranger. Though what one arrives first depends on if then hit any speed bumps or not.
  • raugarraugar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    it will be the warlock. his paragon path is already in the action house class filter. thats what gave the info away what the sixth class is goin to be
  • pansapienpansapien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The "coming soon" icon makes me think Tempest Ranger.
  • raugarraugar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    pansapien wrote: »

you didn't read the post right before yours huh ^^
  • ladyshaie1ladyshaie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    raugar wrote: »
    it will be the warlock. his paragon path is already in the action house class filter. thats what gave the info away what the sixth class is goin to be

I would agree with this if for no other reason than the number of cloth items that my wizard cannot wear. All other items have been listed as being for classes already in the game, but I have looted several cloth items that simply say "Cloth <item name here>".
  • lmk2lmk2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pansapien wrote: »

The "Coming Soon" icons for classes (and races) are a placeholder advert, they have nothing to do with the actual classes.
  • galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Guess that makes sense since the icon has all kinds and weapons and stuff around it to fit any kind of class
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Scourge Warlock and some type of Ranger class (can't remember the name at the moment) has already been confirmed with datamining.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I hope its the ranger honestly haven't played a real ranger in a long time, some of these developers of other games can't seem to get it right they either make them over the top or completely nerf them into being utterly useless. Be nice to see these guys get it right.
  • teknykkteknykk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm betting on a Warlock class too, based on the listed "Classes" in the auction house, of all 11 there is only one which stands out from the rest of which clearly are the known playable classes or their specializations, Hellbringer is the only one which isn't...but indicates as something likely to be Warlock-inclined.
  • kojekoje Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you look at the race selection screen, each race is wearing the armor / weapon of the "reccomended" class for that race. The Dwarf has a shield, the Half-orc has a great sword, the Elf had an Orb, Halfling has two daggers and Half-Elf has a cleric implement.

If you look at the Tiefling, he is wearing a robe and holding a dagger (no orb). I think in 4E, the Warlock can use a "pact blade" (magical dagger) as an implement for warlock powers.
  • sumnzsumnz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    2 questions.

have they mentioned a soft release date?

and whats with sorceror cleric? I would like to club heads with me dwarven hammer, and cast heals, not throw stupid light arrows. The cleric show is literally a healing sorceror, and I couldnt be less interested.
  • dastion84dastion84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sumnz wrote: »
    2 questions.

have they mentioned a soft release date?

and whats with sorceror cleric? I would like to club heads with me dwarven hammer, and cast heals, not throw stupid light arrows. The cleric show is literally a healing sorceror, and I couldnt be less interested.

That's because it's the Devoted Cleric. The other cleric option in 4e D&D is what you're looking for, the name escapes me at the moment.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    It's the War Wizard Class with the Simbarch of Aglarond Paragon Path!

*the mage wanders off in his own little world, wishfully thinking*
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Im a bit dissapointed there arent atleast 1 more tanking class and 1 healing class. I love both tanking and healing and more choices would have been valuable also for group and dungeons.

Why must most classes be dps...
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    No Zeb! We already know that War Wizard Class with the Simbarch of Aglarond Paragon Path is going to be released aside the upcoming novel: The Herald.

100% Joking.
  • sumnzsumnz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    did they set a date for release yet
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    No Zeb! We already know that War Wizard Class with the Simbarch of Aglarond Paragon Path is going to be released aside the upcoming novel: The Herald.

100% Joking.
    *the old mage begins devising a new chronomancy spell*
  • kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    well i won't play cleric unless they make a battle cleric :P like the one from Shadows of Mystara :P that was a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cleric right there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, after loving the Devoted Cleric... (admittenly, I like the devoted cleric more than the control wizard... I normally love all mage classes over any others... first for everything!) I cannot wait to see what their Battle Cleric and Druids will be like.
  • xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you go to the armory here: http://neverwinter.virtual-asylum.com/ the classes are there. archer ranger and scourge warlock. the person that made it got them from the game files so that's how he knew the names.

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Of what honor is a Selunite cleric without a proper Moon's hand?

Ah! Selune, your Rod of four Moons taunts me that I have taken this heretical pendulum instead of a heavy mace.

A Heavy mace is a birthright of every Selunite. Please cryptic, let us use Moon's hand!

p.s. For non-Selunites, Moon's hand is a mace, our Lady of Silver's favoured weapon.

p.s. of p.s. A Selunite walks into a bar carrying a swinging pendulum as a weapon. The bar goes lol and rofl.
  • kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Of what honor is a Selunite cleric without a proper Moon's hand?

Ah! Selune, your Rod of four Moons taunts me that I have taken this heretical pendulum instead of a heavy mace.

A Heavy mace is a birthright of every Selunite. Please cryptic, let us use Moon's hand!

p.s. For non-Selunites, Moon's hand is a mace, our Lady of Silver's favoured weapon.

p.s. of p.s. A Selunite walks into a bar carrying a swinging pendulum as a weapon. The bar goes lol and rofl.

same with a dwarf cleric of Moradin (i prolly mispelled that dang name lol) but yeah dwarf clerics aren't little light casting sissies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • finiesfinies Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will have to go back and re-listen to an interview they had on MMORPG. But one of the devs said that they had the ranger almost fleshed out and could possibly be ready for launch ..
  • elderock67elderock67 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Im just glad they are adding new classes. Hopefully it doesnt take years to do and they release 2 at a time, so that it balances things out a little (whats that, 99% population of Rangers? I wonder why that is )...