test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Main character prediction

krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Won't be long and the game will be in official launch. Have you decided what race and class you will play?

What companion will you primarily use?

I am probably gonna be a dwarf great weapon fighter using the kelemvor cleric companion. Wielding a big two handed hammer.

Or depending on how much I like the GWF play.

I might be a dwarf guardian fighter using the kelemvor cleric companion. Using a mace or morningstar and a big shield.

What are you guys gonna be and what companion do you think you will use the most?
Post edited by krubar on

Comments

• thehttheht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited March 2013
    Human trickster rogue is all I've settled on. I'll most likely go with a cleric or a bird for a companion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Forgot about my other companions that I get. I will also be using my panther mostly when I am in groups. Might also level up my dire wolf.
  • redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Probably starting with a Halfling Cleric, but I expect my main will change to some other race/class combo as more races are made available. I'm not afraid to put some cash down for a premium race option if/when such become available. Generally the basic races of human/elf/dwarf leave me pretty underwhelmed.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm leaning towards Trickster Rogue for my main, but GWF makes a convincing argument!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Probably Rogue since it fits well my character's theme!
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    From what I have seen on videos today and yesterday, I think the GWF is as powerful and deadly, maybe more so, than the rogue.

I think rouge is great for dealing massive damage to single targets, whereas the GWF deals massive damage to multiple targets. Also, the GWF gets that sprint ability that is just awesome for PVP. You will not be able to run away from that GWF.

I watched Jasmine play the GWF and it was her first time playing the class. She had no clue on how to play that I could tell. In PVP, I think she killed like 4 people before she died.

Looks like the GWF is like a tank with the awesome killing power of a rogue. Cant wait to try it tomorrow. :P
  • redstonedawnredstonedawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As of right now? Human Trickster Rogue with Tiefling Control Mage coming in second. I'm looking forward to trying out the GWF, though, for sure. And with changes in the works for extending the control duration on mages, I'm excited to test them some more, too. As for companions? My wolf from the guardian pack is going to definitely get some love. I'll also probably pick up the standard pup, too. It looks exactly like one of my RL dogs. >.>
  • blightwraitheblightwraithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Going to start with a Tiefling Control Wizard, really enjoyed playing this combo in CB2. Was very happy with the balance and now with Control Wizards getting a big of a buff in regards to control times I'm excited to force grip my way to the top.

Not really sold on a companion yet, I went with Cleric in CB2 and was underwhelmed with their effectiveness as a companion.

Really like the looks of the Trickster Rogue, will probably be my second pick and I'd go with halfling.

Scared to only have two character slots - looking like as they release new races and classes I'll have to keep buying new slots.

Can you start a second account easily enough as to not have to buy extra slots and still try out different combos?
    edited March 2013
    Don't see why you couldn't start another account for additional slots to test out classes/races. Personally, I like to keep all mine on one account so I get the free mounts and companions for the new characters. But if your never gonna buy a pack or any mounts from the zen store, then ya make new accounts.
  • jpdegraafjpdegraaf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited March 2013
    Human female wizard.

Half Orc or Human GWF.

Can't wait to get in game.
    "The beatings will continue until morale improves."
  • kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Just boggled as which character to pick. I am always the cleric with the classy abilities and now I am hearing a wood elf or at least elven cleric is very tempting in my first opportunity to play this weekend thanks to Gamespot. Pumped!
  • zzyatpwzzyatpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 55
    edited March 2013
    I highly doubt that "Won't be long and the game will be in official launch." For instance they have nature kit in the game but where is even a piece of shadow of ranger? And if they would release 2 individual classes for every traditional class (lets say just what we can see: fighter, cleric, wizard, rogue and ranger), then we only have 5/10.

Despite those off topic, I'm now targeting healer cleric (any chance another cleric would be even more "healer" than devoted one?) and bow ranger (supposing 2 rangers would be duel wielding and bow user).
  • azrowariaazrowaria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 62
    edited March 2013
    It will be soon zzyatpw. Put that in the bank.

As for class, after testing, I've decided GWFighter is my choice and half-orc for the hugeness of it.
  • savraisavrai Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Half-Orc Trickster Rogue using the strength tree. Kicked *** in BW2 from what I could tell, so that will be my main.

If he doesn't level too quickly and they release the ranger, then my other choice will be my first character from my brother's PnP game back in 2E, (Wood) Elf Ranger.

If the rogue levels fast and the ranger isn't released, then I'm planning a Dwarf Cleric.

See you in game!!!
    *Legit Community*

Heather - Ranger
    James - Paladin
    Jet - Warlock
    Royal - Cleric
    Gray - Rogue
    Red - Wizard
    Ios - Barbarian
  • bjac9bjac9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited March 2013
    Human Guardian Fighter.
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tiefling Cleric w/ Ioun Stone

Think alt will be a HOrc GWF :)
  • panthro8panthro8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited March 2013
    panther of course renegade control wiz
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Half-Orc, Female, Control Wizard, follower of Sune.
  • draxonflydraxonfly Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dwarf - I always play a Dwarf If I am able...
    Great weapon fighter - out of all the class choices that will be out at launch.
    draxonflynw1.jpg
  • ninjato11ninjato11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Human or Menzo-Drow Trickster Rogue. I've never really liked the Rogue class until this past year when I finally realized they were not only a worth while addition, they were often a needed addition.

That and the Siege video with the female rogue just wrecking house sorta got me motivated.

If they bring in Warlocks or Paladins? Well, I'll likely go Human/Tiefling Warlock or Human/Dwarf Paladin.

As much as I have loved me some Ranger over the years, I doubt I'll get into being a Ranger in NWO.
  • ladydwarfladydwarf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    See my signature. :o

I've come rather a long way from my original plan of a dwarven rogue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn more about this heretical halfling on the Neverwinter Hall of Records or Neverwinter Roleplayers
  • galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tiefling cleric of Silvanus with animal companion pets ... gief druid
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
    edited March 2013
    I also should still have a ioun stone on one of my wizards. I am gonna test it out today and see if they did any work on the ioun stone.
  • vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    menzo renegard cleric for me, prolly with the panther companion. Really enjoyed how healing has been implimented thus far. Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • snorri30snorri30 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    elf control wizard to try the new settings
    half orc GWF to test this new class
    half elf cleric to join events and dungeons
  • sevargathsevargath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tiefling Rogue
    6iscnm.jpg
  • decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited April 2013
    I will be playing a dwarf guardian fighter. I just love the tank role and i think it fits the dwarf race well.
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • valgavantevalgavante Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 71
    edited April 2013
    Drow trickster rogue with panther *_*
    and eventually a GWF Halfling for fun XD
    65752563.jpg77219287.jpg
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Female,Heft-Elf,Trickster rouge.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • asotherasother Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Half Elf or Human Cleric - I have always loved healing - But that control wizard I played on beta weekends was a blast - so - we will see