test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questing with Groups and Open World

bluusmokebluusmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
1)Will this game be open world like WoW, semi open like GW2, or instanced like Vindictus?

2)Will there be penalties for questing in groups? Like WoW decreasing XP gained, because I plan on playing with a full group when the game releases.
Post edited by bluusmoke on

Comments

• babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Semi-open like GW2 - you leave through gates and doors etc to get to each new area, and get a quick loading screen.

I think we actually get group xp bonuses...not 100% sure on that, but saw someone mention that in this forum.
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think grouping get you bonus but mobs difficulty is higher when in group(at least for instances).
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In BW2, a zone's (unique?) assets weren't retrieved or updated until you went into that zone. This is good, in a sense, because it means that the server can be updated and only update the clients as they need it without any down time, but the initial retrieval and updates will make loading screens last a tad longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • xaralleixarallei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bluusmoke wrote: »
    1)Will this game be open world like WoW, semi open like GW2, or instanced like Vindictus?

2)Will there be penalties for questing in groups? Like WoW decreasing XP gained, because I plan on playing with a full group when the game releases.

It's far more instanced than GW2. It has the same thing like GW2 in that you you through gates to get to a new zone and have to go through a loading screen. However, it's more instanced because many of the quests you actually receive send you into these instanced little zones. I suppose you can compare it to GW2 personal story and how that sends you into a mini-instance, except I found the quests/missions in NW to be far more abundant. You will be in instances. A lot.
  • kimoy8520kimoy8520 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xarallei wrote: »
    It's far more instanced than GW2. It has the same thing like GW2 in that you you through gates to get to a new zone and have to go through a loading screen. However, it's more instanced because many of the quests you actually receive send you into these instanced little zones. I suppose you can compare it to GW2 personal story and how that sends you into a mini-instance, except I found the quests/missions in NW to be far more abundant. You will be in instances. A lot.
    Is there some necessities where we repeat going through an instance? if yes, how often?
  • babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kimoy8520 wrote: »
    Is there some necessities where we repeat going through an instance? if yes, how often?

The 5 man dungeons, skirmishes, pvp maps, and all Foundry missions you want to repeat.

How often = as often as you like - you could just try every single Foundry mission if you never wanted to do a repeat on those.
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3