test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which class is your favourite so far?

duck2013duck2013 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvE Discussion
Which class, that you have played so far, have been your favourite?

Also, please post here as to why, and what you thought about the other classes you tried.
--- I loved clerics in this game --- <--- My youtube video. [R.I.P good cleric now they nerfed our self healing by 50%]
Look forward to my long campaigns and short stories in the foundry upon release.

Join our awesome stream community for neverwinter on twitch
Post edited by duck2013 on

Comments

• duck2013duck2013 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I liked the cleric, because it fits my playstyle perfectly... i'm all about having a health regen that might make the game take longer, but keeps me alive. And the cleric does that so far, and makes it fun.

never liked being a rogue, and the control wizard needs more aoe to be fun for me.... fighter was ok actually, and had some fun on him too... but not even close to the amount of fun i had on the cleric.
    --- I loved clerics in this game --- <--- My youtube video. [R.I.P good cleric now they nerfed our self healing by 50%]
    Look forward to my long campaigns and short stories in the foundry upon release.

Join our awesome stream community for neverwinter on twitch
  • papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Every game i played i was a stealth/assassin type of class. I like the idea of killing without being seen like in ninja movies. I also like hard to master classes so i'd like the skill bar to be upped in this game
  • chaoticwheechaoticwhee Member Posts: 61
    edited March 2013
    There's no "I love them all!" option!
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Guardian Fighter is the tough guy who can stand the ground, no need hopping around like the other classes. As a dwarf I also like the size of the shield, looks reasonable. :)
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In BW1 I went full-bore Trickster. In BW2 I went Cleric and Guardian, and Wizard. Ended up back at Cleric in the end.

I have discovered I like ranged combat far better than melee. I really like the Wizard, but a little too squishy for me, where the Cleric (at least) has the ability to heal-up. And it's also fun just randomly healing people in social zones who haven't upped their health at campfire yet. :)
  • riepahriepah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Rogue, as it happens to be the only class I really played. I was focused on getting to level 40, so I didn't have the time to play an alt to a level high enough to have a clue about how the class plays. Especially considering I have only 2 character slots and will have to delete my alt in order to try the heavy weapon fighter next.
  • bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hard to say. I really like playing healers, so DC was fun. On the other hand, TR is a beast at damage! And at not getting hit. I usually don't care for rogues, but the trickster rogue is vicious in combat.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2013
    Big fan of the cleric. I like the others so far but I haven't tried the Trickster Rogue yet. Arcane has never been my thing but I liked the Control Wizard a lot more than I thought I would.
  • gorlotwoaxegorlotwoaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I like the Guardian Fighter. Maybe it's just because I am old and it's more of a classic feel to it. I know I don't like the shadow stepping that the rogues and wizards do. Even it it is part of the 4E rules, it just seems like the damned rogue in particular is much too magical.
  • combatorc21combatorc21 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Rogue is ok but the guardian is great. Can tank anything and survive the whole **** lol. He does lack damage so it takes ages to kill the enemy.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Control Wizard.

Because it is the most fun class.

Granted it needs balancing, but if you try to play a foundry mission which is in caves and you have to fight, you will realize what I mean. Put repel in tab, then enter the cave. No need to fight, just push the monsters off the ledge to their death below! Yeah, you won't get loot which is fair, but the fun of throwing 3 monsters together to their death while they are running to you can never be beaten!

I hope more maps later have things like high cliffs and ledges where I can push monsters off it.
  • prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I went with Trickster rogue. I was also quite fond of the Cleric, but the rogue toolkit just synergizes so well even at early levels.
  • quickthornquickthorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Trickster Rogue gets my vote. It was the only one where I really liked the combat feel. Guardian Fighter I didn't play for long as I was chugging more pots than with the rogue, and tanky classes aren't really my thing anyway. The combat felt very bland on both casters, but I appreciated the DC healing.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have only played the Control Wizard so far, so the choice was easy for me. GWF is what I am really looking forward to however.
  • xervaixervai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Waiting to see if I stick with the guardian or if the GWF is what I choose. Played the GF and TR BWE1 and enjoyed both. I liked the GF style better. Played the CW exclusively in BWE2. I enjoyed it a lot, especially after level 20.

So far I like all of the classes, the hardest part is which one to start first. Next weekend I'll try the GWF and give the cleric more of a go. Cleric seemed kind of boring but I was only level 10. All of the classes are pretty wimpy <20.

Cleric/GF have the least amount of "flash" though. The rogue and CW have all kinds of sexy abilities. GF/Cleric are very dry in practice. I could be completely wrong about the cleric though.
  • dvscalesingerdvscalesinger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I normally play a Pally but I am really looking forward to trying out the different classes and seeing if any "fit" my play style. I wouldn't have thought going the way they have with the classes would be a good idea since customization and cross classing and whatnot have always been the key elements of NWN but it seems to be working for a lot of ppl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FOR THE SEVEN!!!
  • skeletunskeletun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I like the Trickster Rogue simply because I felt mobile and therefore I had more control of the Fight.
    I played Guardian Fighter and just fell like all I could do was stand still and hide behind a shield. Control Wizard I just felt I had no control whatsoever, All Icould do was run out of range, Fire off ability rinse and repeat. And Devoted Cleric was much the same, cept I had to be more careful of my positioning. Just my thoughts/experience so far tho.
  • xaralleixarallei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Rogue by far. It was just a ton of fun. Love the way their combat feels and love their dailies. I still have mixed feelings about my control wizard, but I will keep trying it. Though there is a good chance I will give up on it and just wait for the warlock. I disliked cleric greatly due to the lack of burst healing and the more support feeling it had. And I didn't try GF due to the fact that I hate tanking in general.
  • dec0ydeaditedec0ydeadite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    soo many rogues D:
    those dam_ HOTN players ruin everything.
    STRUGGLING? uMAD? QQ? NEED A GUIDE? GET SPOON FED HERE! NOMNOMNOM
  • papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    soo many rogues D:

worry not my friend, as in all games the vast majority will hit their skill ceiling very quickly separating them from the elites
  • sorwensorwen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sadly since I only had time to try two with Control Wizard so broken I had to vote Guardian Fighter.
    Forever and always forward
  • cappio88cappio88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited March 2013
    Guardian Fighter! Finally i can hear the sound of my weapon smashing some skulls; Phisically blocking an incoming attack and prevent it totally. I don't like the rogue because its dodge style isn't a real dodge but just a shadowstep/blink mechanich ( i would have liked it more as a Spiderman 2 dodge) and neither cleric becase their heals haven't coherence with their colors: Do you want your heals to be yellow? Make all of them yellow! Do you want to make them blue? Make all of them blue. In the actual style, seems a mash-up of a priest; a shaman for chain heal and a soothing monk all taken from WoW. The control wizard? Got bored playing action mages after Kingdoms of Amalur and a frost-blinking mage is not what i like the most overall.

waiting for the druid...
  • kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Trickster Rogue got my vote. I liked that stealth is different here and the fast pace of combat keeps my blood pumping. Surprisingly though, at least to me, was that I really enjoyed the Guardian too. Not as much but it was still a lot of fun. I think having to physically block rather than rely on a stat made all the difference.
  • ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cleric, was really pleased to see how fun it was!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • navarxidanavarxida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been playing healers in all MMOrpgs since 7years ago. First time I had to try this hard to keep party alive. FINALLY !!!
    I am SO GONNA ENJOY this game.
  • volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    soo... lets see...

nerf rogue/cleric and buff wizard/guardian and this will fix class popularity :)
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • arnathosarnathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am a rogue by nature, i always played Thief/rogue class. I also do enjoy caster classes but as it stands the Control Wizard is lacking the punch a caster normally brings to the party.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jagedtigerjagedtiger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was really excited about the setting of this game, a friend at work was trying to get me to play this. I watched all the videos, souned great. Then I saw there was no Ranger/Hunter class. Called him and said the game is a no go with the severe limitation of classes available.
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wondering if the Great Weapon Fighter is going to be a glass-cannon?