test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Future classes?

killacaseykillacasey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey,

I was wondering what type of classes could possible be added after the release of the game. I would be 100% sold with this game if there were some sort of class with a bow/crossbow. It was always fun to run around in Neverwinter Nights with a crossbow on my Sorcerer, or making an Arcane Archer. I know that the prestige classes like "Arcane Archer" are not going to be in the game, but any chance of some sort of archer after game release?

Another class I would much love to know if possible is a bard or some sort of party buffer like it, I really love playing support type classes as long as they are not entirely built around just healing or just damage, more or less buffing teamates to do more damage or increasing their critical chances or make them harder to hit and such.

Cheers!

PS- An estimated time of release would be a big bonus. Nothing precise, just as long as its within a decade! ;)
Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot protect themselves.
Post edited by killacasey on

Comments

• darkhutchlingdarkhutchling Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There is an archer class already in the game files as well as a warlock class. The dev's stated somewhere, dont have the link sorry, that they are hoping to have them ready for release but most likely shortly after release.
  • killacaseykillacasey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There is an archer class already in the game files as well as a warlock class. The dev's stated somewhere, dont have the link sorry, that they are hoping to have them ready for release but most likely shortly after release.

Awsome. That makes me want to play the game even more so. :)
    Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot protect themselves.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sorry, but there will not be any ranged archery class or melee class for ranger nor will warlock be available for launch. If you have actual proof otherwise, then please link to explicitly show this. The devs are TRYING to get a ranger class to be available shortly after launch but it's melee based. I have not seen any public dev comment on warlock or archer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mafiamanmafiaman Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ycEhgPE.jpg

This item dropped in Beta Weekend 2. So they are on their way towards the Scourge Warlock.
  • noolidnerdnoolidnerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Possibly added before launch:
    Archer Ranger
    Scourge Warlock

Added soon after launch:
    Brawny Rogue
    Battle Cleric

Likely coming after the above classes:
    Avenging Paladin
    Guardian Druid

Classes I personally hope to see A.S.A.P:
    Shielding Swordmage
    Valorous Bard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devoneauxdevoneaux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sorry, but there will not be any ranged archery class or melee class for ranger nor will warlock be available for launch. If you have actual proof otherwise, then please link to explicitly show this. The devs are TRYING to get a ranger class to be available shortly after launch but it's melee based. I have not seen any public dev comment on warlock or archer.

Which makes no sense, because they already have an agile duelwieldy type. If they're gonna add some kind of melee nature dude it might as well be a druid of some type. Or a nature archer, a melee only ranger just sounds redundant.
  • slihtsliht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I believe in the dev interview this last Friday at MMORPG the Warlock was confirmed as being close and will be released soon - not sure on any others tho

Sliht
  • underdarkhunterunderdarkhunter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mafiaman wrote: »
    ycEhgPE.jpg

This item dropped in Beta Weekend 2. So they are on their way towards the Scourge Warlock.

Yeah its drop for quite a few people , thats good because I want to try that class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • njuvenjnjuvenj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Warlock sounds good! Always prefered Dark Magic over Elemental but I'm still waiting for a real old school D&D Druid , since this class got somewhat lost over the years with a few disappointing exceptions. So my vote goes definately for a Nature Magic spellcaster.
    Besides I think the list is going to be be something like this: Warlock, Ranger , Paladin , Druid/Bard etc...
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Druids don't really work like that anymore if I remember correctly.
  • doctordoriandoctordorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 75
    edited March 2013
    different weapon sets would be nice too ;) as a fighter, i should be able to use any weapon i want including a xbow ;)
  • njuvenjnjuvenj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Druids don't really work like that anymore if I remember correctly.

Well , they can make a combination of an earth and plant based caster rather than the shapeshifter thing which is actually a class by itself.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, all I can say about the item drops is: it isn't planned for launch. Nothing else has been publicly released yet in regards to the warlock. Not even to me :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Really?
    2lD8f0J.png
    It seems each class they add is being designed around a single weapon archetype: You can even see all the Hexers and Archers in the game as enemies. So I don't see a class doubling up on swords before they add a Bow class.
    Control Wizard: Orb
    Archer Ranger: Bow
    Guardian Fighter: One handed Weapon
    Great Weapon Fighter: Two handed weapon
    Trickster Rogue: Daggers
    Scourge Warlock: Staff
    Devoted Cleric: Symbol
    Brawny Rogue: ??? (Maybe Club?)

We might see some interesting things in classes added after lauch. Maybe their first Paladin class will use a Spear. Maybe their first druid class will use a sling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    noolidnerd wrote: »
    Scourge Warlock: Staff
    Devoted Cleric: Symbol
    Brawny Rogue: ??? (Maybe Club?)

We might see some interesting things in classes added after lauch. Maybe their first Paladin class will use a Spear. Maybe their first druid class will use a sling.

I know you're probably being factious but in D&D4, warlocks use rods/wands, druids use staves/totems, and paladins use holy symbol as their implements. All also have weapons that they use. Chances are good that the warlock in this game will use a wand, the druid will use a staff, and the paladin will use a sword like the guardian fighter.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • mag1cmag1c Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I love to see battle cleric soon :)
  • raugarraugar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    the class i want the most is a paladin. because that's my d&d class for almost 20 years now. im sad it wont be in for launch :(
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Might just be me. But I'm thinking Warlocks are going to use Pact Daggers like Makos does in the CGI.
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Since Rogue is a disappointment to me personal, I would like to see the Warlock :)
    So far:
    Guardian Fighter -> like it very much as it is at the moment. They could increase the threat or reduce the timer on the AoE taunt.
    Great Weapon Fighter -> hope this one is fun, I see lots of deflection on the items which sounds good.
    Warlock -> hope this is some sneaky mix of dark magic and meele class.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    noolidnerd wrote: »
    Really?

How is that a proof? I am not asking where you got it, but remember that the icons for the classes when the game was first launched were all wrong. Many of us tried to guess using wanmei site to guess the classes but failed as icons just don't correspond to classes.

However, it was already confirmed that ranger will not be at launch so unless something changes bigtime, you will not see them at launch.

I do remember some post somewhere saying that melee ranger was in the works when Rusty was revealed. Now I am getting old so my memory may be playing tricks with me and failing but usually it works marvelously ( :p ) .

However, the icons in the game files which were decoded said "scourge warlock" and "archer ranger". That confused me.

But the point is, whichever ranger it is, it will not be at launch. They are trying to get it in Expansion #1 which is already in the works (as pointed in the media release some time back). So expansion will be coming soon - but the two classes won't be in at launch. At launch you will have four classes with five builds.

p.s. If it is indeed the archer ranger and not melee ranger then it is not truthseeker's fault but the fault of my memory as I was the one to convince him I read it from a dev post. I am beginning to doubt I was wrong but I am still quite convinced I did read it. Otherwise I apologize.
    edited March 2013
    It might just be me but I don't see why we need another Melee Striker so soon after the Trickster Rogue. Build wise we're more likely to see Archer Ranger, Scourge Warlock, Tactical Warlord, and Protecting Paladin before the other builds. That'd give us two Melee Strikers...though GW:Fighter is classed as a Defender, Two Defenders, Two Leader classes, Two Tanks, One Controller, and two Ranged Strikers.

And since there seems to be some confusion about it. Without getting into the PhB2, and 3 classes here's what each class is classified as

Leader: Cleric/Warlord
    Defender: Fighter/Paladin
    Controller: Wizard
    Striker: Rogue/Ranger/Warlock with three Melee, and Ranged Builds spread among the two classes. Rogue is a Melee class in both builds but Trickster has a quite a few ranged skills, Ranger has a Melee or Ranged Variation, and Warlock is ranged.
  • grivenger87grivenger87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    One of the classes I hope will make it into the game later, is a Great-Weapon Barbarian. Preferably with the Warforged race (but alas, this isn't Eberron.)
    edited March 2013
    shaudius wrote: »
    I know you're probably being factious but in D&D4, warlocks use rods/wands, druids use staves/totems, and paladins use holy symbol as their implements. All also have weapons that they use. Chances are good that the warlock in this game will use a wand, the druid will use a staff, and the paladin will use a sword like the guardian fighter.
    In 4e Warlocks also have access to all the basic weapon types, which includes staves. My point was that they have already created a whole system of Staff and Bow animations but right now they're only being used by npcs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    One of the classes I hope will make it into the game later, is a Great-Weapon Barbarian. Preferably with the Warforged race (but alas, this isn't Eberron.)

Absolutely (but I'm not so concerned with Warforged. Goliath on the other hand...). Unleash the Rage Stikes!!!
  • kreugerkreuger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I hope they add the archer ranger ASAP, only class im interested in playing, as I play an archer/ranger in every game I play.
    Would hate to roll a different class at launch, only to redo all my work when the class is released.
  • thrynsystthrynsyst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Bear with me a moment, but doesn't it seem a bit incongruous to have a *CONSTRUCT* Barbarian?
  • silverasilvera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I hope we get Avenger with Zealous Assassin paragon .
  • hopeless2hopeless2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 73
    edited March 2013
    Hey guys is there a wiki/source for 4e info DnD. Possible races and classes? Thanks!
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zagemogga wrote: »
    Since Rogue is a disappointment to me personal, I would like to see the Warlock :)
    So far:
    Guardian Fighter -> like it very much as it is at the moment. They could increase the threat or reduce the timer on the AoE taunt.
    Great Weapon Fighter -> hope this one is fun, I see lots of deflection on the items which sounds good.
    Warlock -> hope this is some sneaky mix of dark magic and meele class.

i am curious why you say the rogue is a dissapointment, i have played a rogue in many games and this is the first time i have liked the adaption
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • raugarraugar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    hopeless2 wrote: »
    Hey guys is there a wiki/source for 4e info DnD. Possible races and classes? Thanks!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?51991-Class-builds-from-4e this is just a list of possible classes, and not even all, but you get an idea.
This discussion has been closed.